***OFFICIAL*** TOP GEAR Season 7 Thread (Update: December 27 Show Info!)

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
***SPOILERS WARNING***

New Season Preview

***SPOILERS WARNING***

--------------------------------------------------

December 27: The Last Episode of the Season

Get ready for the motoring equivalent of the Oscars, Emmys and Golden Globes all rolled into one...

Yes, it's the Top Gear Awards, where good cars, great cars and even once-in-a-lifetime cars are filtered through the synapses of the big man himself and stamped with Jeremy Clarkson's seal of approval.

Also on the show, Richard and James settle an argument by pitting the Max Power generation against some crusty classic car owners, while Jeremy plays Gran Tourismo for real in California.

Richard will also be finding out which is faster, a car or a dog, as he races the brilliant new Mazda MX-5 against a greyhound.

We'll also be strapping Little Britain's David Walliams into our Reasonably Priced Car to see if he really does drive like a lady.

December 25: No Show for Christmas!

December 18: No Show This Week :(

December 11 Show Info:

Gentlemen, buckle-up and start your engines. It's time for the big race.

This week the boys attempt Top Gear's biggest ever trans-European duel. And what better weapon could Jezza choose than the world's fastest car - the Bugatti Veyron.

But if you think Richard and James don't stand a chance, fear not. Mr May has an ace up his sleeve. See our series preview feature for more details.

Also, the Stig goes to the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff to test a pair of Porsches.

The Top Gear guest this week is gardening supremo Alan Titchmarsh. But can he handle the Liana as well as he handles a trowel?

December 4 Show Info:

Jezza, Richard and James are on a mission. Their task is to find a decent Italian supercar for under £10,000.

Once they've spent their cash, the boys will then cast their eye over each other's purchases - to find out if you really can buy a thoroughbred for Fiesta money. See our series preview feature for more details.

There's a race between a mountain bike and a car through the streets of Lisbon, and the Marcos TSO-GT British sports car is taken for a spin on the Tarmac.

The Top Gear guest this week is yachtswoman Ellen MacArthur, who will be sailing around the track in the Suzuki Liana.

November 27 Show Info:

This week, the boys wanted to celebrate the single greatest supercar of today, but couldn't agree what that was. Eventually, they decided to take one each on a massive road test to find out.

The result? A Ferrari F430, Ford GT and Pagani Zonda flat-out through France. Prepare for one of the most stunning items Top Gear has ever made. And the shock of James May driving like his brogues are on fire. See our series preview feature for more details.

Back in the studio, Ford brings us its stunning Iosis concept - the car that gives us a clue to the new Mondeo. Well, sort of. If you can't remember what it looks like, here's a reminder from our news archive...

The Ford Focus ST takes to the track - and Jeremy nicknames it the Focus 'ASBO'. Chavtastic...

The Top Gear guest this week is transport secretary Stephen Ladyman - which should make for a pretty explosive interview, we reckon.

November 20 Show Info:

The boys are back in town - and this week Jeremy finds out what is faster, a rock climber or the new Audi RS4?

Not to be outdone, Richard and James buy a pair of scruffy old barges and have them converted to be driven by a radio controller. To their horror they discover they are pitted in a contest against a remote-control racing champion, who's also a 13-year-old girl.

Meanwhile, the dazzling Porsche Cayman is put through its its paces, and this week's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car is Arsenal legend Ian Wright.

Don't forget, we've got a preview of all the shows in the current series - and a gallery of images.

This show is repeated on Tuesday November 22 at 7pm on BBC Two

November 13 Show Info:

The boys are back for a new series - and this week they head for the Isle of Man to pick a winner between the V8 Vantage Aston Martin, BMW M6 and Porsche 911 Carrera S. It's a tough job, sometimes.

Meanwhile, the Ascari KZ1 takes to the track and this week's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car is Waking The Dead's Trevor Eve.

At last, Sunday night telly is worth watching again...

Lap Time Info:

Stig Lap Times

Celeb Lap Times

Sites to "Pay Attention" to:

Paulson's Forums (PM Paulson for info.)

Betacars.com (PM AaronB for info.)

Top Gear Official Web Site on BBC

WARNING: DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINKS AND TORRENT LINKS ARE NOT PERMITTED IN THIS THREAD OR ELSE IT WILL BE LOCKED!!!

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
Sorry GT, everybody knows Sunday nights are for Desperate Housewives and Greys Anatomy. ;)

It would be nice if the Discovery channel would carry these new episodes, instead of ones that are over a year old like a few months ago.

Paulson

Elite Member
Feb 27, 2001
www.ifixidevices.com
Clarkson is a pompous prick but that's part of the reason why I like the show.

Same reason I like house, as long as there is a jackass bossing people around thinking they're better than everyone else, I like the show :D

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Paulson
So what time does the show air over there at?

I want to know so I can find it as soon as possible and host it as soon as possible! :)

I think it's on at 3:00 PM EST. EST it 5 hours behind London time.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
A competition to design the Ferrari of the future has brought together 20 of the best young design students from around the world.

The 20 finalists will be whittled down to four winners, whose designs will be made in aluminium as part of the prize. They will also have the opportunity to spend time on work experience at Ferrari or stylist Pininfarina.

A panel of judges including Ferrari supremos Luca di Montezemolo and Jean Todt, and Piero Ferrari, will choose the winners, with the results announced on November 18.

The 20 final designs are on display at the Galleria Ferrari in Maranello, Italy, but you can see them all in the following pages of this gallery.

Ferrari concepts

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Damn! If those concepts are the future of Ferrari, then we're doomed.

They're all FUGLY with maybe the one exception being the Ascari:

Text
Text

m2kewl

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2001
WOOHOO!!

i don't like any of those ferrari concepts. so how long until ferrari loses self-respect and builds a land barge to make up that lost nickel *cough* porsche *cough* :p

DingDingDao

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2004
Just read the season preview:

Bugatti Veyron vs. Airplane, from Italy to England. :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

I'm going to go clean myself up now.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: freegeeks
i can make a cap if there is a need for it

PM Paulson and AaronB to make sure their sources are lined up. They may need you.

Remember, no links can be posted here.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: DingDingDao
Just read the season preview:

Bugatti Veyron vs. Airplane, from Italy to England. :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

I'm going to go clean myself up now.

OMFG!