Official: Steelers vs. Jets

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Googer

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
ADD a poll to this PAGE please.
Living in florida and being from pittsburgh i am biased to the steelers.

Apple Juice

Jan 15, 2005
Originally posted by: BostonRedSox
Originally posted by: Apple Juice
Originally posted by: rpl318
Yep, great game. I feel sorry for the Jets kicker.

Don't. Pro sports is over rated. The players are overpaid.

1 post, and you're already proving you're an idiot.

Trying to remember, since you have all those NE sports sigs. I think 1986 Superbowl, Bears 44 Patriots 10. And it really wasn't even that close.

Rookie

Golden Member
Jan 27, 2000
we didn't own but we still won... the lonesome kicker!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Great friggin' game! I said all week that people aren't giving the Jets enough respect. Beating the Packers in their house in the playoffs isn't an easy task and they did it. Credit to the Jets for coming back from 10 - 0 and almost pulling it out in another tough road game. Still, even more credit to the Steelers "D" for holding NY to only 3 points to overcome some horrible play by Ben. Most of my family is from Penn so it was great to see them squeak by.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Trying to remember, since you have all those NE sports sigs. I think 1986 Superbowl, Bears 44 Patriots 10. And it really wasn't even that close.

STFU you noob troll...

It was the '85 Bears.
That was 20 years ago.
The Patriots are SB champs and in the playoffs.
The Bears still suck and so do you.

bjc112

Lifer
Dec 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Robor

STFU you noob troll...

It was the '85 Bears.
That was 20 years ago.
The Patriots are SB champs and in the playoffs.
The Bears still suck and so do you.

HAHHA.

Ouch

iversonyin

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2004
good game, the Jets blown it

Rothlieberger messed up enough times for the Jets to win, but their kickers missed 2 FG

what goes around comes around huh?

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Pittsburgh didn't deserve to win that game.

Actually neither played exceptionally well, but the Jets should've gotten ONE of those field goals!

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Man, I hope the Steelers lose now more than ever!!! I guess if it comes down to the Steelers in the Superbowl I'll root for them since I don't give a rats ass about any team in the NFC but I'd much rather see the Colts in it or even the Patriots.

Go COLTS!!!

bjc112

Lifer
Dec 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Triumph
Pittsburgh didn't deserve to win that game.

Actually neither played exceptionally well, but the Jets should've gotten ONE of those field goals!

Are you serious?

Defense did not allow a touchdown. 3points. Curtis Martain under 80yds, AGAIN. 3 ( almost 4 ) sacks.

Jets are only in the playoffs because the Steelers beat the Bills with backups.

Granted Pittsburgh caught a break, so do other teams.

All in all, tough break for the Jets. But the Steelers are the better team.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
Originally posted by: bunnyfubbles
good thing the Steelers won't face a tougher defense until possibly Philly

The last I knew, the Patriots, even with all the injuries, still ranked in the top 5 in the league. :roll:

No, they are ninth, but I am wrong, Philly is 10th, so the Jets D was the toughest they'll face until then. What's worse for the Pats is that their passing D is middle of the road. Their run defense obviously not enough to stop the Steelers run either. And if you give Roethlisberger any shred of confidence in his passing game, well you're pretty screwed with that passing game and that defense, especially if they don't commit such huge errors. 7 points off of speical teams, a 10 point swing (at least) with the INT for a TD, and the fumble by Bettis, first of the season, stopped an eventual score.

The Jets took what they were given, ran with it, and never looked back. For that I give them credit. They played a heck of a game and deserved to win. But if the Steelers don't do just about everything possible in order to blow a game like they almost did, I don't see them losing again until next season, especially considering the only team that seems to have been able to shake up the Steelers' offense was the Jets, and the Jets did have the best defense of the remaining teams that don't wear black and gold.

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
Steelers defense should win them the Super Bowl.

only allowed the Jets 3 points on offense.

Amazing.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
And wtf was that 3rd down play before the field goal in regulation? They snapped the ball and just downed it, for no reason whatsoever. They had a timeout, at least go for a few yards. Do that, and they win the game. Blame Edwards just as much as the kicker.

I think they were trying to center the ball for the FG attempt.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
Originally posted by: ThePresence
And wtf was that 3rd down play before the field goal in regulation? They snapped the ball and just downed it, for no reason whatsoever. They had a timeout, at least go for a few yards. Do that, and they win the game. Blame Edwards just as much as the kicker.

The were also eliminating any chance that the Steelers would get the ball back with any time left. A small chance of a run back, a small chance at a hail marry... Running the ball would be rediculously stupid, they could have accidently run the clock out if they tried something so dumb. Just snapping the ball, kneeling down and instantly calling a time out took 2 seconds off of 6, actually doing something with the ball easily would have taken it close to :00 and overtime. At least with the way they did it they got an attempt in.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001

The were also eliminating any chance that the Steelers would get the ball back with any time left. A small chance of a run back, a small chance at a hail marry... Running the ball would be rediculously stupid, they could have accidently run the clock out if they tried something so dumb. Just snapping the ball, kneeling down and instantly calling a time out took 2 seconds off of 6, actually doing something with the ball easily would have taken it close to :00 and overtime. At least with the way they did it they got an attempt in.

Was anyone else thinking of All The Right Moves during that play?

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
I have been use to the Jets sucking, so I was pleasantly surprised by how well they played.

Go Jets!!

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001

Edwards should've called a timeout much earlier than 6 seconds left on the clock. If he does so, they have a chance for another play, and that may mean the difference between Brien making that god awful kick and actually hitting it.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Siddhartha
I have been use to the Jets sucking, so I was pleasantly surprised by how well they played.

Go Jets!!
they did play well. i wish they would've won. they SHOULD HAVE!!!

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: moshquerade

Go Jets!!

The defense played great. The offense was terrible.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: moshquerade

Go Jets!!

The defense played great. The offense was terrible.
the field goal kicker WAS TERRIBLE! damn him :|