Official Sony E3 thread - conference at 9pm EST 6/15

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Didn't have one of these yet either so I figured I'll start one.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/e3/E3_2015_Live_Streams_and_Press_Conferences

at least i'll be at home tonight so i will be able to watch this. as with the MS one, hope we get some surprises. i know we'll see uncharted 4 and probably some god of war stuff, but i hope there is stuff i don't know about yet. i'd love to see a new ratchet and clank that ISN'T another HD remaster like they already have planned.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
after the completely underwhelming microsoft conference, i am definitely looking forward to sony's. i at least know they will mention some street fighter 5 stuff, which is the #1 thing i'm interested in this e3. i want to know when the beta begins as i already preordered it.

#2 thing that would excite me is more information on hot shots golf 7 for ps4.

other than that, i hope we get SOME kind of surprises and not just the same old rehashed crap that MS showed off. although, i'd LOVE to see a revival of jak and daxter or crash bandicoot.

exar333

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2004
after the completely underwhelming microsoft conference, i am definitely looking forward to sony's. i at least know they will mention some street fighter 5 stuff, which is the #1 thing i'm interested in this e3. i want to know when the beta begins as i already preordered it.

other than that, i hope we get SOME kind of surprises and not just the same old rehashed crap that MS showed off. although, i'd LOVE to see a revival of jak and daxter or crash bandicoot.

So based on your comments on the MS thread, BF, madden and FO4 are trash and uninteresting, but Hot Shots Golf 7 is 'exciting'? Are you serious? LOL

Edit: You also commented that BC is 'over rated' but that was a surprise. I like that...for a lot of titles, less consoles need to be connected.

Lil Frier

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2013
You want Hot Shots Golf 7? I mean, just fire up Powerstar Golf on the One now, that's some weak excuse to bash Microsoft.

exar333

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2004

This does look great.

Also (and this seems to happen every year) but more rumors for a FF7 HD complete re-master. Definitely am interested to see if SE has a better show than last year. :)

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
So based on your comments on the MS thread, BF, madden and FO4 are trash and uninteresting, but Hot Shots Golf 7 is 'exciting'? Are you serious? LOL

Edit: You also commented that BC is 'over rated' but that was a surprise. I like that...for a lot of titles, less consoles need to be connected.

yes i'm serious. the original hot shots came out in like 97 or something, on PSX. then 2 came out on PSX also. then i didn't play another one until part 5 on PS3, then they ported part 6 to PS4 (which sucked compared to 5). so now 7 would be the 7th iteration in 5 console gens (considering the psp had 2).

that is a far cry from these yearly rehashes.

fallout never excited me in general. not into those games. boring as hell.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
You want Hot Shots Golf 7? I mean, just fire up Powerstar Golf on the One now, that's some weak excuse to bash Microsoft.

powerstar golf is terrible. it has nothing on hot shots golf 5.

hot shots golf 7 is coming, they already teased it a while back, but they haven't show anything about it other than the trailer. i want to know when it's coming out.

also, 404 - bashing not found.

Lil Frier

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2013
powerstar golf is terrible. it has nothing on hot shots golf 5.

hot shots golf 7 is coming, they already teased it a while back, but they haven't show anything about it other than the trailer. i want to know when it's coming out.

also, 404 - bashing not found.

Well, it's that you go into the Microsoft E3 thread and throw out complaint after complaint about remasters and sequels that are boring, while calling for new IP. Then you come to the Sony thread and ask for a SEVENTH arcade golf iteration. I mean, you didn't even try to hide that hypocrisy. At least stick it between asking for The Last Guardian and Driveclub PS Plus Edition or something, so it looks like you're interested in new Sony IP.

And Powerstar Golf is far from terrible. Shallow? I'll give you that. But terrible? No, it plays pretty solidly and doesn't make golf as stressful as the real deal.

exar333

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2004
Well, it's that you go into the Microsoft E3 thread and throw out complaint after complaint about remasters and sequels that are boring, while calling for new IP. Then you come to the Sony thread and ask for a SEVENTH arcade golf iteration. I mean, you didn't even try to hide that hypocrisy. At least stick it between asking for The Last Guardian and Driveclub PS Plus Edition or something, so it looks like you're interested in new Sony IP.

And Powerstar Golf is far from terrible. Shallow? I'll give you that. But terrible? No, it plays pretty solidly and doesn't make golf as stressful as the real deal.

Totally agree.

Thats what makes Mario Golf or Powerstar Golf fun. There isn't anything wrong with a game like Tiger Woods (previously) EA golf, but I would rather be frustrated with the real thing. :p

Console golf should be fun and have some hole-in-ones occasionally. More 'arcadey' IMHO.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Hot shots golf looks arcadey on the outside, but it's got a much better golf engine than any other golf game including tiger woods.

And how many golf games are there? There are literally 2 franchises I can think of. Tiger and hsg.

How many fps franchises are there? Can't even remember them all there are so many. All the sequels and stuff I don't care about are in an oversaturated genre for the most part. The last original hsg that came out to consoles was like in 2007 or 2008. The last halo game came out like 2 years ago.

There is a big difference.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
Bloodborne sequel. An Uncharted 4 reminder. Focus on Morpheus. PS Now. Maybe some Destiny stuff. COD stuff (COD missed MS's conference). The Witness. No Man's Sky. Maybe a new PS 1TB bundle/special edition.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
No Man's Sky.

I think the developers stated that they weren't going to keep showing things off until they had something substantial. Those remarks seemed to stem from complaints that their previous videos looked pretty, but had absolutely no indication of the gameplay. I did a bit of Googling, and it looks like the lead programmer is the one who stated that he will not talk at future events to focus on development efforts. However, I guess Sony could still show a video?

Lil Frier

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2013
Hot shots golf looks arcadey on the outside, but it's got a much better golf engine than any other golf game including tiger woods.

And how many golf games are there? There are literally 2 franchises I can think of. Tiger and hsg.

How many fps franchises are there? Can't even remember them all there are so many. All the sequels and stuff I don't care about are in an oversaturated genre for the most part. The last original hsg that came out to consoles was like in 2007 or 2008. The last halo game came out like 2 years ago.

There is a big difference.

Except you're now altering your complaints to shake of the hypocrisy. A sports game doesn't need a remake as often, especially an arcade-style one, because the core concepts don't change. Halo 5 will be quite different from its predecessor in gameplay. Gears hasn't had a proper installment since 2011 (with that half-hearted Judgment in 2013). Forza's a quick turnaround, but it's not like the high-end racing genre is overly saturated, and we needed a makeup game for Forza 5 anyway, IMO.

Meanwhile, Rare pulls out decades-old releases and puts them out there for $1/game, and you complain about that as well. But, like I said, they showed off 3 new IPs (Recore, Gigantic, Sea of Thieves), and I honestly don't know how many more you want them to prep at once. We already know we'll get Scalebound and Quantum Break info in a couple of months as well, so we're talking 5 different, new IPs on the horizon.

If you had just said you don't like the franchises MS is pushing, it'd be fine (like, I don't care about Fable, and would have rather that just got thrown away, and I don't even have much excitement for Gears anymore). I guess I have to ask, will you be in this thread complaining about all of the sequels and remakes Sony's going to put out there tonight?

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I'm not altering anything. The simple fact of the matter is ms lineup had nothing surprising except 3 new ips. Pretty much everything else we knew about. Sorry if I don't get excited for finding out stuff I already knew was in the pipeline.

And you will see me not care about any hd remakes or collections. If I wanted to play old games I would play them on the old consoles or emulators.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Except you're now altering your complaints to shake of the hypocrisy. A sports game doesn't need a remake as often, especially an arcade-style one, because the core concepts don't change. Halo 5 will be quite different from its predecessor in gameplay. Gears hasn't had a proper installment since 2011 (with that half-hearted Judgment in 2013). Forza's a quick turnaround, but it's not like the high-end racing genre is overly saturated, and we needed a makeup game for Forza 5 anyway, IMO.

Meanwhile, Rare pulls out decades-old releases and puts them out there for $1/game, and you complain about that as well. But, like I said, they showed off 3 new IPs (Recore, Gigantic, Sea of Thieves), and I honestly don't know how many more you want them to prep at once. We already know we'll get Scalebound and Quantum Break info in a couple of months as well, so we're talking 5 different, new IPs on the horizon.

If you had just said you don't like the franchises MS is pushing, it'd be fine (like, I don't care about Fable, and would have rather that just got thrown away, and I don't even have much excitement for Gears anymore). I guess I have to ask, will you be in this thread complaining about all of the sequels and remakes Sony's going to put out there tonight?

It would matter if you got any gameplay and info on Recore. What you got was a short pre-rendered movie. Announciong a new game with just a video that tells you nothing is kind of hard to get excited over. Microsoft has Rare and it seems the best they can do is release decades old titles and a Pirate MMO(that's what it looked like to me).

For me the best thing they showed me was the elite controller. Which is sad...when I get more excited for a peripheral than the games they show me, a peripheral I'll probably use on PC more than the console too. I was going to buy Halo anyway and I knew about it for months. If I was going to get Fallout 4 on console I'd care about mod support on XB1, but I'm not. No bombs were dropped here. They played it safe. I hope Sony has a few surprises.

Last edited:

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
Given how this console generation has been going so far, I'm not holding my breath for anything groundbreaking.

What we'll likely see:
-1TB PS4 SKU gets announced, shipping this summer if not immediately.
-Updates on the new Ratchet and Clank game and movie.
-Lots of indie titles
-Morpheus will get pumped up, plus a new Move gets unveiled to go with it
-Uncharted 4 and God of War
-An update on how PlayStation Now is doing
-Talk about Spotify partnership
-Execs droning on and on about how well the PS4 is selling

What we might see
-Gran Turismo 7 teaser
-Share will be updated to support YouTube live streaming

What we won't see
-Any meaningful news about the Vita
-A new AAA IP
-New PS4 features (local music/video playback, external drive support, etc)
-Any non-gaming apps other than Spotify

Lil Frier

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2013
It would matter if you got any gameplay and info on Recore. What you got was a short pre-rendered movie. Announciong a new game with just a video that tells you nothing is kind of hard to get excited over. Microsoft has Rare and it seems the best they can do is release decades old titles and a Pirate MMO(that's what it looked like to me).

For me the best thing they showed me was the elite controller. Which is sad...when I get more excited for a peripheral than the games they show me, a peripheral I'll probably use on PC more than the console too. I was going to buy Halo anyway and I knew about it for months. If I was going to get Fallout 4 on console I'd care about mod support on XB1, but I'm not. No bombs were dropped here. They played it safe. I hope Sony has a few surprises.

I agree with almost all of that (the exception being the Frankentroller, which I honestly don't quite understand). Recore has nothing to get me excited. Sea of Thieves flew over my head. they should have shown it first, because I was too busy having a fit over Rare Replay to pay attention to it. Gigantic just looked lame. My point was solely purbeast0's decision to rail on anything that wasn't new IP, not even acknowledge the new IP, then come here to ask for a sequel to a sports game.

But I think bringing backwards compatibility and the Rare Replay pack are far from playing it safe. Honestly, I don't know what you could really have expected from new IP, though. It's standard for us to hear about stuff the first E3, then get a release date and gameplay the second. We should get real content involving Scalebound and Quantum Break in about 6 weeks, and I think it makes more sense to debut new IP in the first-half of the year, rather than trying to make Quantum Break fight Tomb Raider, Halo, CoD, Gears, and so on to death.

Maybe it was playing it safe, but it was also playing it right, to me. They weren't going to pull new IP and a new game out of their butts, the way things tend to leak nowadays just doesn't really allow it. I mean, consider how long The Last Guardian has been talked about, and people still have it atop their Sony 2015 lists. If you don't like semi-intriguing, new IP and a bunch of major releases (and re-releases) to cover several genres, I don't know what would have made you happy.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
The VP just said that starting tonight they have a PS4 media player that supports DLNA. for music, videos, and pictures.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Showing off Last Guardian for PS4. Let's see if they show off a release date. ;)

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
this is already better than anything MS showed imo.

Heh, it looked like it had some good puzzles. At least they show something that could be game play.

edit: I also like how they tell you what footage is taken from the console.