Official Sixers vs Lakers Game 2 thread! Latest News: Lakers favored by 11.5 points

Quickfingerz

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2000
Game will be on Friday 6 p.m. Pacific Time

Lakers favored by 11.5 points. Under/Over is 190.

SendTrash

Platinum Member
Apr 18, 2000
why are they still favored? lol, well.. this will be a really good game! but damn UCLA finals start that day after!

TripleJ

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2001
<<Lakers favored by 11.5 points. Under/Over is 190.>>

What? Me don't understand :confused:.

Quickfingerz

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2000
favored by 11.5 points means that if you were to bet on the game and the lakers win by 11 points you'd still lose. If you made a bet for Philadelphia and lakers win by 11 points, you'd still win. All you havae to really do is add 11.5 points to Philadelphia's score and whoever has the most points after the addition is the las vegas winner.

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
The &quot;over/under&quot; is total score. You can bet over 190 or under 190 total points scored.

Lakers will destroy them tonight.

I don't really care, tho. Neither team can play a lick of defense. :)

amish

tkim

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2000
UCLA FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!

OH YEAH..go lakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quickfingerz

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2000
lakers were favored also by 11.5 points.

hey both teams are very good at defense. the sixers had really good defense against non-shaq players. other than shaq's, there were very few lay-ups and dunks.

another gambling number is the money line. with the money line, there is no spread but you get more money if the underdog wins.

n0b7e

Banned
May 30, 2001
One word: Lue

im a huge Sixers fan, but damn, Phil got real lucky and exposed phillie's weakness... putting that shrimp on Iverson was a blessing in disguise for Phil and them LA Shaqs...

i hope sixers win, but if fridays game is gonnna be anything like 4th quarter/OT of last game, i think lakers will take it 4-1...2.

Feb 7, 2000
well lakers played very badly for 2.5 quarters in game 1. they were very rusty, especially kobe and fish. philly played, arguably, their best game of the playoffs and BARELY won. lakers were up by 5 w/ 2:13 to go in OT despite playing horribly for 2.5 quarters. iverson played well in the last minute but if it wasnt for fox throwing the ball out of bounds and horry being called for a b.s. moving screen the lakers probably would have won. the 76ers were very luck to have won the game, but on the other hand its not like the lakers deserved to win.

take the lakers minus the points

did you see iversons comments after the game when asked about lue's defense
he rolls his eyes then says &quot;he was holding me the whole time!&quot; <-- iverson is a biotch, lue owned him. give lue his &quot;probs&quot; you bum!

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999

<< well lakers played very badly for 2.5 quarters in game 1. they were very rusty, especially kobe and fish. philly played, arguably, their best game of the playoffs and BARELY won. lakers were up by 5 w/ 2:13 to go in OT despite playing horribly for 2.5 quarters. iverson played well in the last minute but if it wasnt for fox throwing the ball out of bounds and horry being called for a b.s. moving screen the lakers probably would have won. the 76ers were very luck to have won the game, but on the other hand its not like the lakers deserved to win.

take the lakers minus the points

did you see iversons comments after the game when asked about lue's defense
he rolls his eyes then says &quot;he was holding me the whole time!&quot; <-- iverson is a biotch, lue owned him. give lue his &quot;probs&quot; you bum!
>>

You know nothing about basketball. On a more interesting point you failed to tell why you pick the name of Joseph Stalin?

breakit23

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
DId you watch the game half the time lue was holding onto allens wrist I noticed it during the game and replays and I thought to myself &quot;Wtf why arent the refs calling this&quot;. Then during the interview allen said it himself.

n0b7e

Banned
May 30, 2001
&quot; horry being called for a b.s. moving screen &quot; - what do you mean bs, a moving screen is a serious violation and can seriously injure a player if the the player setting a pic is a strong guy. Horry is a dirty player and good for him for being called for the pic.

And the word is &quot;props&quot; Stalin, and if you even watched the game, which I doubt you did- prolly caught the 30 second ESPN highlight, you would have seen that at SOME points in the game Lue did hold on to Iverson. No one can guard Iverson, he's too fast, and in this case where speed is equal, he can take lue off the dribble wit his variety of crossovers which he used on just about every Laker player and not too mention breakin Jordans ankles a couple of years ago.. u cant stop Iverson.

nomahe

Banned
May 21, 2001

<< well lakers played very badly for 2.5 quarters in game 1. they were very rusty, especially kobe and fish. philly played, arguably, their best game of the playoffs and BARELY won. lakers were up by 5 w/ 2:13 to go in OT despite playing horribly for 2.5 quarters. iverson played well in the last minute but if it wasnt for fox throwing the ball out of bounds and horry being called for a b.s. moving screen the lakers probably would have won. the 76ers were very luck to have won the game, but on the other hand its not like the lakers deserved to win. >>

The excuses keep coming. :confused:

Finality

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Excuse? I think not. Friday night watch a the Sixers walk away in shame. Then we'll so whos bringing up the excuses :)

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001

<< well lakers played very badly for 2.5 quarters in game 1. they were very rusty, especially kobe and fish. philly played, arguably, their best game of the playoffs and BARELY won. lakers were up by 5 w/ 2:13 to go in OT despite playing horribly for 2.5 quarters. iverson played well in the last minute but if it wasnt for fox throwing the ball out of bounds and horry being called for a b.s. moving screen the lakers probably would have won. the 76ers were very luck to have won the game, but on the other hand its not like the lakers deserved to win. >>

Can you say Hyperbole,kids?

HY PER BOW LEE

Good! Now usr it in a sentence.

JosephStalinator is full of HY PER BOW LEE.

Excellent!

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
you started the tread before the game started! and you called it official! isnt that cheating?

dvda

May 10, 2001
I'm a huge sixers fan but I think they are going to get beaten pretty badly in game 2. They haven't won two opening games all playoffs, and Iverson usually has an off night the night after scoring 45+ so I would not be too surprised to see him only go for 20 to 25 and philly lose by 10 to 15. Also I do expect Kobe to play somewhat better, well at least to score more, he still can't play any defense. Sixers will lose this game and win all three at home. Sixers in 6.

monto

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 1999
Lakers gonna stick Lue in like game 1 during 3rd quarter, he's gonna over play and, just as Brown said, AI's gonna go back door and hit jumpshots all day long...but Kobe's gonna wake up and Shaq shoots 60%+ FTs, Lakers beat the line, win by 18 :D

Quickfingerz

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2000
honestly, i have to admit that the lakers played a better game in game 1. the reasons why they lost are:

-kobe bryant played horribly, he turned the ball over, could not create for his teammates and couldn't score himeslf

-shaq did not shoot well from the free throw line

the rest of the team did really well in filling in. the lakers didn't shoot all too bad. they shot well from the 3 pt line.

dvda

May 10, 2001
How can you say that the Lakers played a better game? The sixers shot a very high percentage from the field and had a lot of guys come off the bench and contribute. Geiger for example shot 4 for 6 and had 10 points, Snow hit some big shots (over kobe) in OT, McKie did not shoot well but had 9 assists.

The Lakers on the other hand struggled. Fisher who has been hiting a lot of big shots was terrible, and Lue played a mixture of good defense and dirty holding.

I'm still standing by my prediction for a convincing lakers victory today, but don't expect Shaq to shoot much better than 50% from the line and don't expect Kobe to get more than 25 or 30 at best against the Sixers D.

IamDavid

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
Iverson will have to have back to back great games which doesn't happen very often. He usualy tires himself out to play to games in a row.