• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

***OFFICIAL*** Ryzen 5000 / Zen 3 Launch Thread ***CONFIRMED***

Shmee

Memory and Storage, Graphics Cards
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Will they work in older chipset/mb? Or only in B550 and higher?
Possible support for 400 series boards, will depend on manufacturer support I believe.

Now, is the 8th the launch, or just a press update? Do we know yet? Either way, exciting.

therealmongo

Jul 5, 2019
Are they going to launch Van Gogh today too?
From what I have understood, nothing is launching today (edit: as in available for purchase)

Did you mean to ask if we would be finding out about "Van Gogh" today ?

I dont know the answer to that ...

Last edited:

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
If they support X470 boards it's gonna be hard not to upgrade my 2700X even though I don't really have any complaints about the performance.
The idea of building an all new CPU/GPU/Mobo/everything else has crossed my mind. Current setup is 13-18 months old, barely finished by my standards. So it seems like a dumb idea.....but....

Mopetar

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
The idea of building an all new CPU/GPU/Mobo/everything else has crossed my mind. Current setup is 13-18 months old, barely finished by my standards. So it seems like a dumb idea.....but....
Just pretend it's still almost three decades ago when any computer is pretty much completely obsolete by the time you get it out of the box. :p

That's what I usually tell myself anyhow.

ASK THE COMMUNITY