***OFFICIAL*** Post cool stuff, get Coolcoin! ***CONFIRMED***

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
well what does this mean, then? You don't need a Bitcoin wallet to get Coolcoin. You do need an Ethereum one, though..

Important part highlighted. You only need a wallet TO GET COOLCOIN. If you're not getting any you don't need a wallet to keep it in. Right now it's like you're complaining that you don't have clean sheets if a supermodel wanted to come by for a booty call. The lack of wallet is not the sticking point.

Reactions: Charmonium

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Heh... It's even sillier than that. The clean sheets would probably cost you $20 at a Target, but an Ethereum wallet is free and as easy to get as installing a browser plugin.

This would be more like being too lazy to open the door to let the supermodel inside.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Heh... It's even sillier than that. The clean sheets would probably cost you $20 at a Target, but an Ethereum wallet is free and as easy to get as installing a browser plugin.

This would be more like being too lazy to open the door to let the supermodel inside.

Don't judge me! She had pointy elbows and the Venezuelan water polo match on TV was tied with :30 seconds left.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
I often wonder what I should do if the American synchronized swimming team wanted to have a sleepover at my house.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Interesting factoid... it now costs $50 to create a new Ethereum token with Hexel. That's good for Coolcoin for two reasons:

1) In theory, Coolcoin actually has a tiny amount of cash value now :)
2) The $50 entry fee should prevent people from easily flooding the world with copycat reward tokens.

Last edited:

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Can somebody hook a brother up?

The only way you can get one is by posting something awesome on ATOT. Personally, I like long epic tales of heroism that are illustrated by Microsoft Paint drawings.

We also awarded one once to a guy who shot part of his thumb off and posted pictures, but then there are probably easier ways to get one :)

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I am proud to announce the Coolcoin for Cool mini Computer Contest, or the "Quad C" contest for short!

I will be awarding Coolcoins (the official moderator approved cryptocurrency made famous by our OT forum) to anyone who comes up with a really cool unique project that uses a small single board computer like a Raspberry Pi or other similar single board computer like an Arduino or an ODroid.

What you build is up to you... it can be a robot, or a weather station, or even something totally crazy and pointless with a frickin' laser beam on it's head. As long as it's cool new project that was recently built by you and has a single board computer in it, it qualifies!

We will be awarding Coolcoins based on originality, technical difficulty, and overall coolness. Our winners will receive Coolcoins, which have no monetary value, but have nearly infinite Anandtech forum bragging rights.

Sound good? Cool! Now, go build something and post pictures of it in the new Raspberry Pi subforum! The contest ends on August 31st, 2018!

Last edited:
Reactions: snoopy7548

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I'd like to add someone else to the Coolcoin crew to help me hand out awards. Please let me know if you're interested in joining!

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Hmm... it looks like Hexel might have shut down. This means that I lost my store, but Coolcoin will still live on in the Ethereum blockchain :)

Last edited:

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Today, I noticed that the MetaMask browser plugin updated itself and "lost" my Coolcoin. Millions of little pieces of magical Internet money suddenly disappeared from my browser! Yikes!

Just in case that happens to you, here's how to bring it back:

1) Click on "Add a token" then, select the "Custom Token" tab

2) Then enter this information:

Contract Address: 0x32f14ef3545eb9cd7d05e6a5a58a2ecb1cc47706
Token Symbol: COOL
Decimals of Precision: 18

(Yes, this restore process sucks. Metamask should really have a better token search engine)

After that, your Coolcoin should magically reappear. Go send some who posts something cool, and brighten their day!

Last edited:

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Today, I noticed that the MetaMask browser plugin updated itself and "lost" my Coolcoin. Millions of little pieces of magical Internet money suddenly disappeared from my browser! Yikes!

Contract Address: 0x02d6aacb4a1e1c10134f03a182c0f430688a5fe2

(Yes, this restore process sucks. Metamask should really have a better token search engine)

After that, your Coolcoin should magically reappear. Go send some who posts something cool, and brighten their day!
Didn't work for me. :(

;)

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
I can't believe my sunny disposition and carefully chosen bon mots haven't garnered a single coil coin! Buncha filthy milk drinkers.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
So far, there are only 2 ATOT'ers in the world (I'm one of them) who have collected the necessary 1,000 Coolcoin to get a t-shirt, and neither of them have claimed it yet.

I mean the giveaway that ended on the 14th. The thread was just closed without any mention of a winner.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I mean the giveaway that ended on the 14th. The thread was just closed without any mention of a winner.

Hmm... that's a good question for the mods, since that was an Anandtech sponsored contest.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Contract Address: 0x02d6aacb4a1e1c10134f03a182c0f430688a5fe2

I'm a dummy...but does this mean that we can essentially create our own Coolcoins? also, can we exchange posts for coolcoins? I'd happily trade 100 posts/coolcoin if it means I can get a bitching shirt!

• Haha
Reactions: Meghan54

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I'm a dummy...but does this mean that we can essentially create our own Coolcoins? also, can we exchange posts for coolcoins? I'd happily trade 100 posts/coolcoin if it means I can get a bitching shirt!

Umm... no? That procedure was just to recover coins that "disappeared" from your wallet because of a glitch.

Only the contract owner (me) can mint new coins.