Official Playstation 5 thread

Page 67 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Sifu does seem interesting even though I don't prefer these type of rogue games. I may pick it up later down the road. Since it's only 5 levels and it's very difficult, I feel like if I have the time, which is rare these days, I might actually get somewhere in it.

It's not quite a roguelike, as you still have progression. Namely,
  1. You don't start from the beginning every time. Instead you get to start from the beginning of any level you reached and at the youngest age you reached the level at.
  2. You keep your quest items after death. So if you find a key that unlocks a shortcut in the first level and die before completing it, you still have the key and thus access to the shortcut in later playthroughs.
  3. There is a mechanic to learn moves permanently so you don't lose them upon death.

Reactions: sze5003

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
God, Sifu is punishing. Have been playing only it for the last week and still haven't cleared level 2. I can run through The Club and the minibosses pretty decently and the first phase of the bossfight against Sean isn't too bad, but the second phase wrecks me with how quickly he takes down your stature meter and how hard it is to counter him after a dodge.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
God, Sifu is punishing. Have been playing only it for the last week and still haven't cleared level 2. I can run through The Club and the minibosses pretty decently and the first phase of the bossfight against Sean isn't too bad, but the second phase wrecks me with how quickly he takes down your stature meter and how hard it is to counter him after a dodge.

They are apparently going to add an Easy mode in a patch.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I never played Bloodborne or Sekiro, only Demon's Souls on PS5, but part of the fun was learning how to get better at the game and it made it that much more rewarding when you passed parts of the game. I don't think the game would be as fun if it was easier.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I can't get past the first level haha. But I did unlock a shortcut so there's that. I don't think I like using the left analog to perform different moves. Maybe I can look into the controls and see if the d pad allows just for fighting moves and the left analog just for walking around.

ACG has the first review of Forbidden West, it is a buy but it's buggy at release. He reviewed it with the same day 1 one patch consumers will get.

Everything from exploration to combat is improved with the world being very massive. He mentions there's a huge prologue area too. Pretty much can go anywhere you see and it's much more detailed than the first game. Lots more upgrade trees too for your character.

One thing he mentions is the side quests are very well done and actually interesting, which I my opinion is a good thing.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
ACG has the first review of Forbidden West, it is a buy but it's buggy at release. He reviewed it with the same day 1 one patch consumers will get.

Everything from exploration to combat is improved with the world being very massive. He mentions there's a huge prologue area too. Pretty much can go anywhere you see and it's much more detailed than the first game. Lots more upgrade trees too for your character.

One thing he mentions is the side quests are very well done and actually interesting, which I my opinion is a good thing.

Game looks amazing graphically too. This one is a definite buy for me. Still unsure if I should play it or Elden Ring first though.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Elden Ring comes out the next weekend but yea two big open world games are a lot to take in at once. I'll probably be playing both at the same time since they are different enough.

Elden ring I hear is supposed to be more user friendly.

I am usually no good at these type of games but I enjoy the success that comes once you finally get the hang of it. I still never finished demon souls because I was following a YouTube walkthrough series of it and just randomly stopped playing it one day.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Elden Ring comes out the next weekend but yea two big open world games are a lot to take in at once. I'll probably be playing both at the same time since they are different enough.

Elden ring I hear is supposed to be more user friendly.

I am usually no good at these type of games but I enjoy the success that comes once you finally get the hang of it. I still never finished demon souls because I was following a YouTube walkthrough series of it and just randomly stopped playing it one day.

Probably will go Horizon at launch since it's a week earlier than Elden Ring and since we probably won't see Elden Ring reviews until the day before release. But no way Horizon will take me less than a month to play through the way I play open world games, as I love exploration and side quests and stay away from story missions until they're all that's left.

I'm kind of holding out hope that Elden Ring will run 1440p60 on my Xeon E3-1231v3 + GTX 1660 Super combo just to have better language options on Steam than I would PS5, as Playstation loves to segregate English and Japanese language into different versions of games. Probably too much to hope for with such a low-end gpu though. Sekiro is easy enough to run at 1440p60 on that system, and hell even my old GTX 970 could be tweaked to do it.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
When does it D/L? I wanna play this as soon as I get home on friday!

You can preload now if you bought the PS5 version outright. Unless you're cheap like me and bought the PS4 version for $10 less off PSN. I can't download the PS5 version until launch date since it's technically an upgrade for my order.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
A quick Googling says 12am EST on Friday, so I think in theory you can play it on Thursday night if you're on the west coast.

I wonder if you can do the New Zealand trick everyone was doing with Dying Light 2 on XBox Series. Eg pre-order and preload, then after set the console region to New Zealand to unlock the pre-load as soon as it hit launch day in NZ.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
CDPR is supposed to mention when they plan on releasing the upgrade patch tommorow for Cyberpunk. Bad timing, I know.

You can preload now if you bought the PS5 version outright. Unless you're cheap like me and bought the PS4 version for $10 less off PSN. I can't download the PS5 version until launch date since it's technically an upgrade for my order.

I'm kind of interested to see how that works for PSN. I was sort of assuming it would only really work for physical copies.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I pre-ordered long ago. D/Ling it now! Thanks.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I am SUPER stoked when HFW launches this Friday, and just in time for the longer weekend too.
I know it's exciting despite all the reviews saying the story isn't much better than the first game. At least I hear the side content is a lot better.

Since it comes out on my birthday i have to show my girlfriend how to order it at best buy for pickup because she doesn't want me buying it for myself. I just want to make sure I get it for the long weekend too.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
I'm debating holding out for this to be on Plus Play when the service launches. Elden Ring is out next week and I'm sure that will suck so much of my time.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
I know it's exciting despite all the reviews saying the story isn't much better than the first game. At least I hear the side content is a lot better.

Since it comes out on my birthday i have to show my girlfriend how to order it at best buy for pickup because she doesn't want me buying it for myself. I just want to make sure I get it for the long weekend too.

I gotta be the only person who liked the Horizon Zero Dawn story. And the only one who liked the Dying Light 1 story too lol.