*** Official Phoenix LAN Party on Saturday May 10!!!! =) ***

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Originally posted by: DeathByAnts
Originally posted by: Pilsnerpete
Will there be hot chicks there? They usually make for easy fragging. hehe.

all we have to do is SAY there will be chicks there (hot doesn't even matter) and it will be full in 30 minutes

LOL

Sad but probably true

It has to be true for you too *looks at RossMAN's postcount*

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
Woohoo!! NVidia has jumped on the sponsorship bandwagon for us. We will now have some swag to give away at the party, providing everyone actually shows up. =)

As far as the date goes, we're still in the process of trying to find out if we can even use that location on the 17th. Until we hear back from them saying that the 17th is doable, we will most likely have to stick with the 10th.

rpc64

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2002
Wow man that sounds awesome! I will definitely go if you get it for the 17th.

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
hopefully we will be able to find out today wether or not we can get the building on the 17th.

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
We have yet another sponsor....

www.shatteredweb.com

They're sending us a few appliques to give away at the party.

Another update on the exact date...
We will ahve to stick to the 10th for this particular event...

However, the next event will be on the 21st of June (Saturday.) So everyone make sure you don't schedule anything else for that day!

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
It looks like I will not be able to make it anytime in the next month as my job situation just got a little more messed up. If there is anything you could use, let me know.

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
It looks like I will not be able to make it anytime in the next month as my job situation just got a little more messed up. If there is anything you could use, let me know.

ack, the joys of work. Think youll be able to make next month's party?

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
I can contribute any catV you would need, I may also be able to contribute a 1.2Athlon (256 or 512), etc

If the offer is still up on the table, i think we could definitely use a processor if you (or anyone else watching this thread) can spare it. adul and i were just trying to get some servers up and running tonight with little success.

We do have an 800mhz duron box with half a gig of pc2100 running... that box will be running network services, winamp, file sharing, and the internal website.

The second box started out with a fic az11 mobo, and 768 megs of pc133. we just tried a 750mhz athlon in it with no luck. also tried a fic an11 stealth mobo, yet again with no luck. we've got it narrowed down to either the cpu or the mobo as the source of hte troubles. If/when we can get this box up, it will run the actual game servers. We're supposed to be getting a biostar nforce2 mobo in shortly, so hopefully we can rule out the mobo as a source of problems.

As far as cat5, we could probably use a couple 30-35 ft lengths to span between switches, but im not sure yet if we will have enough people to really warrant that kinda creative networking.

Last, but not least...

We are coming into the final week before the party, so if anyone reading this can make it, or if you might know someone who can, *please* register, and preferably prepay, on the website so that we can get as much of the snacky-type food before the day of the party, and more importantly, get some idea as to how many people to expect on game day.

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
anyone have a semi-decent motherboard that can use pc133? if so, any way adul and i could snag that for DIRT cheap/free by friday? I've recently discovered that two FIC boards ive had laying around for a couple months no longer wish to work, either one of which we *would* have used to build the next server.

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
NVidia came through! We now have a couple t-shirts to hand out, along with 3 big ass posters with a hot chick on it, a CRAPLOAD of stickers, case badges, and some wierd thingy that glows in the dark (kinda like those halloween glow sticks, but shaped like half a baseball.) Guess we will have some prizes to hand out after all. =) Also just got in some case appliques from shatteredweb.com (i forget wether or not i posted that already,) and were waiting on a damn nice mousepad from gamersport.com, which, according to the UPS tracking number, should be here tomorrow.

jaeger66

Banned
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by: thoreau
anyone have a semi-decent motherboard that can use pc133? if so, any way adul and i could snag that for DIRT cheap/free by friday? I've recently discovered that two FIC boards ive had laying around for a couple months no longer wish to work, either one of which we *would* have used to build the next server.

The Fry's located about 3 blocks from this little event still sells the ECS boards that take PC133. They've all been bought and returned about 100 times, but they're like $50 and almost guaranteed to be missing something that would give you a legitimate gripe to return it too if you want.

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
Originally posted by: jaeger66

The Fry's located about 3 blocks from this little event still sells the ECS boards that take PC133. They've all been bought and returned about 100 times, but they're like $50 and almost guaranteed to be missing something that would give you a legitimate gripe to return it too if you want.

a little steep for our budget, but we'll definitely have to check that one out.

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Thoreau
Originally posted by: jaeger66

a little steep for our budget, but we'll definitely have to check that one out.

ummm, are you not reading your pm's or something?