*** Official Phoenix LAN Party on Saturday May 10!!!! =) ***

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
Back on the attendance situation...

If anyone knows of other places where we might be able to drum up some more people please let us know. Better yet, if you know of anyone in town, be it a friend from work (or an arch enemy who you wanna frag to death,) a neighbor, fellow student, anything, bring them along!

Right now, like i posted earlier, we sit at barely 10-12 people right now, which is nowhere near our goal of 50 (dammit, i sound like a PBS pledge drive.)

And most importantly, if you plan on attending, make sure to at least register on the website, prepay via paypal if possible. If you can't/don't want to use paypal and wanna drop your cash in person (keep in mind, it's $10 to register online, $15 if you pay at the door,) send us an email at QA@lan-central.com so that we can at least get an idea as to how many people to plan for/expect.

And of course, the obligatory begging... If anyone has spare comp parts laying around that might be useful in building additional game servers, let us know as well. The more horsepower our network has, the better your gaming experience will be. =)

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Thoreau
Originally posted by: DeathByAnts
I would need a game list. I might be able to make it, but would need to chat with my boss.

Oh yeah, ARE YOU FRIKING NUTS? 9AM on a Saturday morning?

Looks like 9am isn't all that uncommon for the start of a lan party...

http://www.alamopc.org/PCAlamode/features/F010202.html

I can see ENDING at 9am, but god help me if I have to be awake at 9am on a Saturday morning

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com
I would need a game list. I might be able to make it, but would need to chat with my boss.

I can see ENDING at 9am, but god help me if I have to be awake at 9am on a Saturday morning

who says you need to be there at 9 am ;)

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003

We will send adul to your place to wake you up.

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
small update on the status of servers for the party...

Should be getting a 40 gig hd and possibly an athlon xp1500 chip to bring the second server up to date (well, as close as our broke-selves can make it.)

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
Contest: The first forum mod to sticky this thread gets wet nookie from adul, and my eternal gratitude.

=)

rpc64

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2002
Here's another vote for a sticky. We need a sticky!

Also, a d00d from one of my classes said he would come. Have you guys figured out the date thing yet? I could probably only come if it was on the 17th.

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Pilsnerpete
Will there be hot chicks there? They usually make for easy fragging. hehe.

all we have to do is SAY there will be chicks there (hot doesn't even matter) and it will be full in 30 minutes

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Pilsnerpete
Will there be hot chicks there? They usually make for easy fragging. hehe.

all we have to do is SAY there will be chicks there (hot doesn't even matter) and it will be full in 30 minutes

LOL

Sad but probably true