*** Official Phoenix LAN Party on Saturday May 10!!!! =) ***

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rpc64

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2002
Awww crap dude! I could have gotten some friends together to hit up the LAN party but my other friend is graduating from NAU on the 10th:(

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com
I am starting to think that if we delay this for a couple of weeks we can get a lot more people rounded up. What do you think Thoreau?

rpc64

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2002
Originally posted by: Thoreau
how many ppl ya think alltogether? how about *maybe* the 17th?

Not a whole lot. We've been doing a LAN at my one friend's house on Saturdays. This last weekend we had like 7 people. I'm sure not all of them would come to this, but maybe some of them would.

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
well, if we can get enough people for the 17th, i think we can manage to push it back to that date. altho, it may cause a location change, depending on wether or not our current facility minds playing musical chairs.

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com
well, if we can get enough people for the 17th, i think we can manage to push it back to that date. altho, it may cause a location change, depending on wether or not our current facility minds playing musical chairs.

I think it can be worked out.

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
so, out of the tens of thousands of people on here, nobody else wants to join the party?

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
I would need a game list. I might be able to make it, but would need to chat with my boss.

Oh yeah, ARE YOU FRIKING NUTS? 9AM on a Saturday morning?

rpc64

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2002
Originally posted by: DeathByAnts
I would need a game list. I might be able to make it, but would need to chat with my boss.

Think about the set up time for all those people. You wanna game all day, you gotta start early. We need to get this thread stickied and get a game list and a list of people that would like to come. My friends probably wouldn't want to come unless there was some Starcraft action.

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Originally posted by: rpc64

Think about the set up time for all those people. You wanna game all day, you gotta start early. We need to get this thread stickied and get a game list and a list of people that would like to come. My friends probably wouldn't want to come unless there was some Starcraft action.

oh great, another game I will get my ass kicked in.

My F drive will be shared:p

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003

Our current game list is available on the website:

http://www.LAN-Central.com/

This list is just what we have come up with so far. We are willing to play pretty much any game people want/bring with them.

As far as the start time, yeah, it definitely takes a while to get everything set up. Tables, network, food, etc. Plus we have to do all of this with the hinderance of Adul 'helping' out. =)

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003

This list is just what we have come up with so far. We are willing to play pretty much any game people want/bring with them.

As far as the start time, yeah, it definitely takes a while to get everything set up. Tables, network, food, etc. Plus we have to do all of this with the hinderance of Adul 'helping' out. =)

rpc64

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2002

oh great, another game I will get my ass kicked in.

My F drive will be shared:p

Don't worry, I suck at Starcraft too. But a couple of my friends are incredibly good. They play the super good d00ds in Korea and beat them and stuff.

rpc64

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2002

Oh, me stupid. But I have a couple more questions. How many people are coming so far? Also how long of a network cable would I need to bring?

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
I can contribute any catV you would need, I may also be able to contribute a 1.2Athlon (256 or 512), etc

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003

Oh, me stupid. But I have a couple more questions. How many people are coming so far? Also how long of a network cable would I need to bring?

So far we're only at about 10-12 people, so we really wanna crank up this admission rate. As far as network cable, we will have switches distributed at most tables that are farther away from the main switch, to minimize cat5 lengths, but as a rule of thumb, the longer, the better. If we actually get enough people we plan to put some of the money towards a 1000ft spool of cat5 so that we can provide all networking cables at each party.

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001

So far we're only at about 10-12 people, so we really wanna crank up this admission rate. As far as network cable, we will have switches distributed at most tables that are farther away from the main switch, to minimize cat5 lengths, but as a rule of thumb, the longer, the better. If we actually get enough people we plan to put some of the money towards a 1000ft spool of cat5 so that we can provide all networking cables at each party.

I have 1500 feet of catV, so whatever you need:)

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
I can contribute any catV you would need, I may also be able to contribute a 1.2Athlon (256 or 512), etc

Anything anyone can contribute would definitely help out getting this ball rolling. I got an old athlon 1.1 from adul, which turned out to be a dead chip. Right now I have two machines built...
the first one is an 800mhz duron with half a gig of pc2100 and about 20 gigs free of hd space. The second is a box with 768 megs of pc133, a 10 gig hd, and no processor as of yet, so that athlon chip would be all we need to get that box up and running. The first box will be running as a file/music server while the second will actually run as the primary gaming server.

We would love nothing more than to get a third box built, but for right now, at least until we get a good number of users registered on the lan party website, we should be ok with what we have.

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003

I have 1500 feet of catV, so whatever you need:)

I've got a crimper and a bag of rj45 ends
:D