*** Official Phoenix LAN Party on Saturday May 10!!!! =) ***

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com
Originally posted by: DeathByAnts
Originally posted by: Thoreau
Originally posted by: jaeger66
Originally posted by: thoreau
anyone have a semi-decent motherboard that can use pc133? if so, any way adul and i could snag that for DIRT cheap/free by friday? I've recently discovered that two FIC boards ive had laying around for a couple months no longer wish to work, either one of which we *would* have used to build the next server.

The Fry's located about 3 blocks from this little event still sells the ECS boards that take PC133. They've all been bought and returned about 100 times, but they're like $50 and almost guaranteed to be missing something that would give you a legitimate gripe to return it too if you want.

a little steep for our budget, but we'll definitely have to check that one out.

ummm, are you not reading your pm's or something?
50 bucks is tight on our budget right now. I just found an older KT266a mb that we can use so it looks ok for now. :)

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Adul
Originally posted by: jaeger66
Originally posted by: thoreau

ummm, are you not reading your pm's or something?
50 bucks is tight on our budget right now. I just found an older KT266a mb that we can use so it looks ok for now. :)

I already sent a pm to thor damnit, I said you guys could use my K7S5A

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
heh, come to think of it, i didnt even notice that the thread had spilled over onto a 3rd page yet.

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
ok, so far we have about 12 people that are actually confirmed to attend. we need more people! ask your friends, family, priest, whatever, invite anyone you think would be remotely interested! the more people, the better the experience.

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
ok, so far we have about 12 people that are actually confirmed to attend. we need more people! ask your friends, family, priest, whatever, invite anyone you think would be remotely interested! the more people, the better the experience.

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001

I can bring my pet hampster, does that help?

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
and now for the moment of truth..... packing up for the party now. since theres a t1 at this location, we should be able to post some pics/updates and so on during the party

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
ok, well, i got lazy during the party, so we didnt upload any pics yet. adul is still trying to find the camera so we can upload the images. one of these days...

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
ok, well, i got lazy during the party, so we didnt upload any pics yet. adul is still trying to find the camera so we can upload the images. one of these days...

So how'd my stuff work? no news is good news?

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003

Everything went flawlessly (as far as the servers go.) The only complaint i have is that i had to carry two monitors, three computers (two in that standard big-ass antec case and one in a monster full atx tower,) a kvm, two keyboards, two mice, a SHITLOAD of network cables, three switches, and about another half metric ton of gear. We really need to get a mobile half-rack and some rackmount equipment!

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001

Everything went flawlessly (as far as the servers go.) The only complaint i have is that i had to carry two monitors, three computers (two in that standard big-ass antec case and one in a monster full atx tower,) a kvm, two keyboards, two mice, a SHITLOAD of network cables, three switches, and about another half metric ton of gear. We really need to get a mobile half-rack and some rackmount equipment!

well, why didn't you ask for that then? My half-rack is 90% complete. If I can pay off my CC bill by the next party we can use it. I also have 1 2U case so far.