*** Official Phoenix LAN Party on Saturday May 10!!!! =) ***

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com
Hello fellow ATers, a friend and I are planning for a LAN party in a couple of weeks. We have secured space for up 50 People to participate in this event. We have so far 2 gaming servers setup to host most of the games, and we are working on a 3rd.

There will be lots of sodas, snacks, etc. If you are needing something more there is a variety of fast food joints in the area.

We are charging $10 bucks for this event to help pay for the snacks, drinks, and other costs associated with this event. We would like to have anyone who is interested in attending the even to please register at our site http://www.lan-central.com/, and also pre-pay to ensure your seat at this PARTY.

If anyone has any questions please post them here and either myself or my friend will try to answer them as best as we can.

LAN party schedule for Saturday May 10, 2003.
Location: Office Building 2920 East Chambers Street, Phoenix, 85040
Time 9 am - ?? pm

*** PICS ***
http://dev.swforums.com/Images/Adul/MVC-012S.JPG
http://dev.swforums.com/Images/Adul/MVC-015S.JPG

If anyone needs to talk to me, send me a PM for my cell number that you can reach me at. I have it off during work hours though o just leave me your name and phone number I will get back to you. Oh please mention the lan party.

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
Just in case anybody is wondering who this mysterious 'friend' person is that adul keeps referring to, it's me.

Anyway, yeah, check out this lan party. Loud music, fast-paced fragging, you name it. Not to mention free food. We've got it all.

We're hoping to get at *least* 25 people pre-registered so that we can run out and grab some supplies (plates, cups, coolers, ice, etc) before the day of the party. Otherwise we have to send adul out during the party to do a food run.. Adul hates to interrupt his gaming. =)

Hope to see some of you there!

PS: We're still looking for any potential sponsors for this event (it would be nice to have some prizes to hand out.) So if you or some company you know might be interested, let either adul of myself know via private message.

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
Stands for Local Area Network. Basically, everyone brings their computer, hooks up to a network, and frags the living **** out of each other until their eyes bleed or they fall asleep on the floor... or until adul starts dancing. *shudder*

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
And of course copies of the games you plan on playing. Since that would be naughty for us to provide copies of games.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Thoreau
And of course copies of the games you plan on playing. Since that would be naughty for us to provide copies of games.

Yea, like that ever happens. :D

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
The area is actually pretty good believe it or not. Adul and myself took a trip down there on saturday. It's far back enough from residential areas that its more like a nice corporate park than anything else. Adul should have some pics online shortly that we took while there.

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
Come on people! You KNOW you wanna show off your l33+ skillz in that latest game so that your little brother will worship you!

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Good luck guys, and have fun. I will be drooling over Rob Thomas that night, in Philly.

WOOT!!!! :D

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
UPDATE!!!

We have dropped the cost of admission down to $10 for pre-paying guests, and $15 at the door. Adul should have some further details regarding this change shortly.