Official NBA Playoffs Thread (Predictions Welcome!)

Page 74 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JJChicken

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2007
Did he really? Link?

Kobe sat quiet after the "Tell me how my ass tastes" moment in 2008.

I wonder if that was the jab that he was waiting to unleash.

But that wasn't on national media.

Kobe is a class-less individual. He ran Shaq out of town to be "THE MAN" in the lakers and then sucked hardcore until gasol came. Shaq is a better player than Kobe and was quite courteous in saying Kobe will be the best laker of all time if he wins this one.

JJChicken

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2007
Bryant, who spent eight years of his childhood in Italy before returning to go to high school, joked he wasn't exactly a model student.

"I didn't take any notes, which got me in trouble quite often, but I was pretty good at remembering things," Bryant said.

I guess he remembers how Shaq's ass tastes.

sisq0kidd

Lifer
Apr 27, 2004
7SH6F.jpg

gL3TP.png

EefSP.jpg

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Disappointing ending to an intense game...the refs should receive series MVP for the Lakers...the disparity in fouls called against the Celtics is hardly something you can dismiss...I think the NBA as a whole will continue to suffer a major credibility problem, but then again that is why viewership continues to decline.

However, can't blame the refs for everything...thought the Celtics dominated through the first 3 quarters, their defense never broke, but their offense struggled in the end and it cost them the series. Major props to Wallace for stepping up into Perkins shoes, and for the team as a whole working together to make adjustments throughout the series.

Glad it went to 7...happy to see the Celtics bounce back after a painful game 6...hardly think the outcome proves definitively which is the "better" team...unfortunate that Kobe managed to "protect" his legacy, given that Gasol, Bynum, Fischer and Artest managed to do it for him...can't question the guy's skills as a player, but his character is undeserving of such a pedestal, which is why there are so many "haters" out there.

Oct 19, 2000
Damn, lots of sour grapes in this thread. I'm not a dedicated Lakers fan, they were just who I was rooting for in this series. But I actually love to see fans of the losing team come out with so much hate. It's entertaining.

Gasol/Artest bailed out Kobe in the biggest game for his legacy.

Why has every playoff game in the last 6 years been the one that would define Kobe's legacy? That statement is getting really old. Last year it was the same shit, how winning a 4th ring would "define his legacy". This year, same thing. If the Lakers get to the Finals next year, it will be the exact same thing, how a win would "cement" his place in history or a loss would tarnish his legacy. Kobe is now 5 for 7 in the Finals. Very impressive in this day and age.

Sad it took such a "great" team 7 games to beat a tired and old Celtics.

The same Celtics team that beat very, very good teams in the Cavs and Magic? Please. Quit calling the Celtics "old and tired" in order to have something to rag on the Lakers with. Like the Celtics making it to the Finals was a fluke.

Shaq won them 3 titles. Not Kobe, he rided shaq for 3 titles. He can only call 2 championships his own.

Your memory must suck then. Kobe was instrumental in those 3 championships. Nobody wins a championship on their own.

But that wasn't on national media.

Kobe is a class-less individual. He ran Shaq out of town to be "THE MAN" in the lakers and then sucked hardcore until gasol came. Shaq is a better player than Kobe and was quite courteous in saying Kobe will be the best laker of all time if he wins this one.

I don't know why, but Kobe always gets the raw end of the deal when it comes to the whole Kobe/Shaq fiasco that resulted in Shaq's exodus to the east coast. Shaq had just as much of a fight in that, but Kobe gets shafted because he was ultimately picked to be the one who stayed. It didn't help that this wasn't too long removed from his Colorado allegations.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
I don't know why, but Kobe always gets the raw end of the deal when it comes to the whole Kobe/Shaq fiasco that resulted in Shaq's exodus to the east coast. Shaq had just as much of a fight in that, but Kobe gets shafted because he was ultimately picked to be the one who stayed. It didn't help that this wasn't too long removed from his Colorado allegations.
You answered your own question...the whole Shaq exodus and paying for the Colorado allegations to go away have a lot to do with it...fans of the sport elevate champions...they resent dirtballs.

May 13, 2009
Glad Memphis gave the Lakers one of the best big men in the NBA cause we know Kobe can't do it himself. They'd still be gettiing their asses handed to them every year by the Suns like they were when Shaq left. I wonder if Jordan would of went 6 of 24 in a NBA finals game 7?

rasczak

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Uh. I am a better player. Period. P-E-R-I-D.

/Shaq

lol thanks for the laugh.

Kobe maybe a greatly skilled player, but ultimately he' sucks ass as a person. hence why i really dislike the lakers. I was a huge laker fan in the eighties, but since kobe came on i have disliked them as a whole. good game celtics. wish you could have won it. :(

Oct 19, 2000
Glad Memphis gave the Lakers one of the best big men in the NBA cause we know Kobe can't do it himself. They'd still be gettiing their asses handed to them every year by the Suns like they were when Shaq left. I wonder if Jordan would of went 6 of 24 in a NBA finals game 7?

Nobody can win a title by themselves! It's a team sport. Kobe getting #5 is really pissing you off, isn't it?

May 13, 2009
Nobody can win a title by themselves! It's a team sport. Kobe getting #5 is really pissing you off, isn't it?

Number 2. Shaq at the prime of his career with Phil Jackson would of had a title with a dozen other guys. Kobe is an ass. I don't see how anyone could root for the Lakers. Yay a rapist and the guy who is 6'7" 260lbs runs into the stands and tries to attack the fans. Go lakers :rolleyes:They should forfeit this title since Artest shouldn't even be in the league.

Oct 19, 2000
Number 2. Shaq at the prime of his career with Phil Jackson would of had a title with a dozen other guys. Kobe is an ass. I don't see how anyone could root for the Lakers. Yay a rapist and the guy who is 6'7" 260lbs runs into the stands and tries to attack the fans. Go lakers :rolleyes:They should forfeit this title since Artest shouldn't even be in the league.

So I guess that's a resounding "YES" to my question, right?

:D :D :D

So Pippen has 0 rings? Worthy has 0 rings? Shaq has only 3 rings (or Wade has 0 rings, depending on your twisted way of looking at things)? I don't even know you and I'm not necessarily a Lakers fan, but for some reason, it's really making my day that you're so pissed about the Lakers winning. You're even bringing out the rapist term. Kudos. Please, continue.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Yea seriously. Shaq won it with 2 different teams. The Heat had only Shaq and Wade. Everyone else on that team was mediocre. This and last years Lakers team has much more talent than that Heat team had.

You guys obviously didn't watch the series. Wade was the mvp and honorable mention went to Zo's defensive heroics (as well as the refs crowning of miami mid-series.)

Basketball is an interesting game tho, you guys should check it out sometime.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000

WTF year are you living in? :D

Get over it. Call up Dr. Santi and get the fvck over it.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Unbelievable game last night!

If it showed anything, it showed why these two teams deserve to be in the finals. Grittiest game I've ever watched. When the lakers took a 4 pt lead with atleast 3 minutes left in the 4th, it felt like they were running away with it. :eek:

Not a single bench player could handle the pressure except davis, who gave far less than what they needed from him.

Ron ron... The dude should be proud as hell of himself for how much he's worked and how far he's come. :thumbsup:

Flipped Gazelle

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2004

I'm guessing it's because Kobe allegedly contacted management in order to plead his case that Shaq should go. Phil also left, and (from what I've heard) in his book wrote that Kobe was essentially a selfish, whiny little bitch, and not committed to winning.

This was not helped when Kobe subsequently started making noises about leaving LA, how they weren't helping him win, when in fact he sabotaged himself in that regard. LA had a young, promising center in Andrew Bynum, and Kobe wanted him traded.

IMO, though, public opinion started to turn a bit in Kobe's favor when Shaq started rapping about Kobe, and Shaq revealed to the world what many of us had already known - Shaq was a selfish, whiny little (huge) bitch.

Of course, the sports media loves Shaq, they celebrate his selfishness, his compulsive need to be the center of attention.

Last edited:

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
One thing is certain...

Rondo really shut everyone up in Boston who said he was not worth his huge contract extension.

The game was great. I was rooting for Boston. I am not a sore loser though. The better team won. That said, Boston went down, but they went down fighting.