**Official MSI GF4 TI4400/TI4600 Thread**

mrman3k

Dec 15, 2001
I have been noticing many threads about this card and I was thinking that we should centralize all the talk about the card here so that people do not have to go searching throughout the forum for a post.

Anyway, I am really really considering getting the MSI Ti4400 version, but I wanted to make sure that this card is as good as it sounds. I have been hearing about image quality and I want to make sure that is good as I am coming from a Radeon card which is supposed to have very good image quality.

Also, I wanted to make sure it is worth it for my system as it is not the newest most powerful machine. It is a 1.1GHz Athlon T-bird, 256MB Samsung PC100 memory, 20GB ATA33 hard drive, ATI Radeon 32MB DDR, SB Audigy Gamer. Please tell me what you guys think, if everything is good, then I will order the card probably this weekend.

Thank you in advance!

Poke888

Jan 27, 2002
I've had my msi ti4400 for a month and a half now and I absoulutely love it :). I have a celery 1.2a and it works fine with it(although I do know that the celery is a bottleneck for this card) Image quality is as good as the radeon 8500 which I had before the gf4. I get 8350 3d2001se marks and I can play any game I want without stutters (although I haven't tried morrowind or gta3) the video capture works flawlessly as does tvout. The only thing I would say is that tvout is more confusing with the gf4 than the radeon 8500 imo. I have had trouble figuring out how to get clone mode on tvout. But all in all I love this card. I've read alot about how loud the fan is supposed to be but compared to my powersupply fan it isn't noisy at all. I bought a 400w powersupply and it's louder than the gf4 fan. A great card. Some might say that MSI has been sending out defective cards (i read about some guy buying a visiontek card and getting abum one and a gainward one and getting a bum one etc.)but I would hardly say that they are the majority only the loudest voices. Go for it..the software bundle is excellent as the quality of the componets. They do use the phillips 108e tvout chip so you will be limited to 800x600 resolution on the tvout but you get video input as well.
hope this helps

harbinger52

Dec 21, 2000
I bought my 4600 the first day it was available. I love the card. It has lived up to my expectations so far. I have not tried video capture as of yet, any one with experience?

mrman3k

Dec 15, 2001
I will not be using the VIVO functions so that quality does not really matter to me. Only the monitor output quality matters to me. Also I could care less about the fan noise level, my Enermax powersupply has the manual noise control, but I am choosing to run it at max rpm for best cooling and when it is at max rpm, it is very loud. I wouldn't say that from the sounds of it that the MSI cards are anymore defective from the other cards because it appears that more people seem to be getting that card. Also there appeared to be a bad batch of memory from Samsung which ended up creating problems for cards from all companies. Anyway, please post any more comments, especially I want to know how much different is the image quality from a Radeon to the GF4?

mrman3k

Dec 15, 2001
Just ordered my MSI Ti4400 from Newegg, very excited and it should be arriving sometime next week.

HardwareAddicted

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2000

I got my MSI 4600 and love it so far....

I have it clocked to 325 core & 756 memory... Yes, I put sinks on.

I lapped sinks with 1500 grit, and used a 1-1-1 mixure of AS adheasive/grease.

Look here for the B4 and after scores...

I have been playing RTCW with 4x AA and everything at the highest quality..... smooth as butter.

Oh.... I have been using the 28.32's for this.

Peace :)