**** OFFICIAL May 17/18th ATOT Chicago meet THREAD.... ****

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Savarak

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2001
I'm all over the western and northern Chicagoland area... from Lake Zurich, all the way to Dekalb... Where were you chicagoland ppl at the MSI expo that was up around here last thursday! I was the only regular "member" that showed up! The other Anandtech ppl that showed up, was Anand himself, and three Anantech editors! Oh well, less people means greater chance at doorprize(I won a wireless usb card hehe)

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
I'll be there as long as it is a weekend and not between May 19 and May 30.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I'd *possibly* be interested, depending on the date. I'm in eastern Iowa and I'd take some fellow cornheads along with me if they would like to attend and chip in for gas.

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Savarak
I'm all over the western and northern Chicagoland area... from Lake Zurich, all the way to Dekalb... Where were you chicagoland ppl at the MSI expo that was up around here last thursday! I was the only regular "member" that showed up! The other Anandtech ppl that showed up, was Anand himself, and three Anantech editors! Oh well, less people means greater chance at doorprize(I won a wireless usb card hehe)

Dude, I live in Lake Zurich!

<milhouse>And I thought I was the only one!</milhouse>

What part of town you live in? Age range? School? hehehe :p

busmaster11

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2000
Sorry I've been neglecting this...

You guys can give some more preferences and suggestions as far as venues or times are concerned. I'm open to anything Fridays or Saturday evenings, sooner or later.

So far I've seen some people unable to make it before mid-May, and one guy who's unable to make it after... :)

bastula

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2000
I'm right by Museum Campus and would be glad to make it. Anytime after finals are over in mid-May would be good.

MiLLeRTiMe

Jan 28, 2003
woot woot im up for it... im here on UIC's campus. Finish school the first week in May but after that im free :):cool:

Mr N8

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
I'm interested. I'm just over the border in Wisconsin, but its an easy trip to Chi-town.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
How about the weekend of May 17/18th? That is one week after finals are done so most school people should be available.

Originally posted by: minendo
How about the weekend of May 17/18th? That is one week after finals are done so most school people should be available.

i can be happy with that

agnitrate

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001

Sounds like a plan to me.

I'd really like to try and set a date soon so I can get the day off work. I'm already taking the 13th off that week for a Meshuggah concert so I'll need to know if I need another one off.

-silver

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: agnitrate

Sounds like a plan to me.

I'd really like to try and set a date soon so I can get the day off work. I'm already taking the 13th off that week for a Meshuggah concert so I'll need to know if I need another one off.

-silver
If I were in charge, that would be the set date.;)

busmaster11

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2000
Sounds good! We'll say 17th or 18th for now and see if we get too many objections.

Now... Venue...

Cubs/Sox game?

ESPNzone?

Some other suggestions please?

agnitrate

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: busmaster11
Sounds good! We'll say 17th or 18th for now and see if we get too many objections.

Now... Venue...

Cubs/Sox game?

ESPNzone?

Some other suggestions please?

Cubs/Sox game wouldn't be too bad. The only thing is that Citation and I are underage so we can't go bar-hopping. Unless there's nothing else to do and then we can manage ;) I'm not sure if anybody else is underage so that might be something to consider.

There's a whole crap-load of fun stuff to do downtown. There's also Navy Pier, etc, etc.

-silver

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Cubs/Sox game wouldn't be too bad. The only thing is that Citation and I are underage so we can't go bar-hopping. Unless there's nothing else to do and then we can manage ;) I'm not sure if anybody else is underage so that might be something to consider.

There's a whole crap-load of fun stuff to do downtown. There's also Navy Pier, etc, etc.

-silver
My GF is underage and she will be with me.

agnitrate

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001

-silver
My GF is underage and she will be with me.

Sounds good to me. Do you have any suggestions on what we should do?