**** OFFICIAL May 17/18th ATOT Chicago meet THREAD.... ****

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Dracos
Well I'm down for a meet. I'm on the Southside...I might even be willing to *gasp*go to a cub game....:disgust:

Yep I'm one of those southsiders...:)

Where on the south side? I'm on the south side, too...right around Comiskey...or should I say, US Cellular...

busmaster11

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2000
Originally posted by: AvesPKS
Well I'm down for a meet. I'm on the Southside...I might even be willing to *gasp*go to a cub game....:disgust:

Where on the south side? I'm on the south side, too...right around Comiskey...or should I say, US Cellular...

Hey I actually live in Chinatown...

GO SOX!!!

agnitrate

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
We should compound a list of all those that intend on going and then get a vote amongst those people on which date it should be on.

The list as far as I can see on who can go or intends on going:

busmaster11
me (agnitrate)
Citation
minendo
LordMaul
snik
bastula
MisfitsFiend
DeafeningSilence
MiLLeRTiMe
MogulMonster
Dracos
PowerMac4Ever
tk149
FallenHero

Possibly:

AvesPKS
Jehovah
Arkitech
RGN
vi_edit
Evadman
MacBaine
drewdogg808
yowolabi

Interested but not sure:

waggy
Liviathan
Savarak

If anybody else wants to be added to this list or if you want to change your position because you think I put you under the wrong category, just respond to the thread or PM me or something.

I had no idea there were so many people in the area. Let's start taking votes for the 17th/18th.

-silver

DeafeningSilence

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2002
Either date works for me.

ps - agnitrate, I just realized that I know who you are. You're friends with my little bro, Josh K (PHS '02). :)

agnitrate

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: DeafeningSilence

ps - agnitrate, I just realized that I know who you are. You're friends with my little bro, Josh K (PHS '02). :)

Haha, wow. Are you Nathan?

That's so crazy. I had no idea. How did you figure that out?

-silver

busmaster11

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2000
Hey guys.,

I was thinking of waiting a little while till the date grows closer so people have a firmer idea of whether they can make it instead of comitting to something a month later and forgetting about it, but Agnitrate if you want you can take over for me now if you want. Otherwise I'll post a poll in about a week or two.

drewdogg808

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2000
Originally posted by: busmaster11

GO SOX!!!

chinatown...i'm 2 mins from there (bridgeport). :D

DeafeningSilence

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2002
Originally posted by: agnitrate
Originally posted by: DeafeningSilence

Haha, wow. Are you Nathan?

That's so crazy. I had no idea. How did you figure that out?

-silver

Yup, that's me.

I just did a little detective work with your profile. That's all. :)

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by: drewdogg808

GO SOX!!!

You live in Bridgeport? Then you must know where IIT is...that's where I go to school.

alright...i know i can go so long as i have a car or a ride...hopefully my brother will buy his jeep by then so i can have my car back. This thing will be huge.

drewdogg808

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2000

GO SOX!!!

You live in Bridgeport? Then you must know where IIT is...that's where I go to school.

haha...yeah, i know where IIT is...it's across the street from my school. i go to ICO (illinois college of optometry). i used to always make runs to the 7-11 on your campus for snacks. :D

tk149

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2002

GO SOX!!!

Dim Sum....yummy....<slobbers>...I wish I could find decent Dim Sum where I live...

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000

GO SOX!!!

haha...yeah, i know where IIT is...it's across the street from my school. i go to ICO (illinois college of optometry). i used to always make runs to the 7-11 on your campus for snacks. :D

Hehe, that's funny...you live, like, 2 blocks away from me...we make 7-E runs all the time...:)

Krueger81

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2000
I am about three hours south of Chicago. (Springfield, IL) I'd be happy tp show if peoople are interested.

Phil

Dracos

Jun 10, 2001

I'm farther south than Comiskey i refuse to call it US Celluar.....I'm 7600 South not to far from the Lakefront.....

By the way speaking of cub games I have some cub tickets for Wednesday game versus the Padres upper deck tickets....I have 4 if any one is interested. I can't go because I finally got a job...hooray......

agnitrate

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Ok 3 weeks left. Can we start the voting now? ;)

I'll need to know by this Friday to get off of work or I surely won't be coming.

-silver

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: agnitrate
Ok 3 weeks left. Can we start the voting now? ;)

I'll need to know by this Friday to get off of work or I surely won't be coming.

-silver
Yeah, I need to know soon too since I am driving 2.5 hours to get there.

agnitrate

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
thats fine. are we voting on just the date or the venue as well?

We should probably do both. I'm not sure what venues we would be voting on, but so long as it's not too expensive, I really don't care :)

-silver

I'm from Rockford, I'll be there for Meshuggah on the 13th

If the wife lets me, and the plans involve something close to a train stop - i could be up for some AT meetage.