Official Games thread

9mak9

Dec 3, 2007
I am not sure if this has been brought up before, or if anyone really cares, but what if we created an official thread for each separate PC game. Maybe put an 'official tag' on some of the popular threads. Maybe create a genre specific thread...

Like moving forward to start one, and anyone can post whatever they wanted on it. I feel like it would help with clutter and its easier to get through.

Right now there are 3 mass effect threads on the 1st page, and I feel like its something that could be consolidated.

When I look through the forums and see all the topics it might be hard to do all of them. But there has to be a easier way for people to find answers to questions already posted, and see personal reviews, recos, etc. for each game.

Not sure if anyone has any thoughts.

s44

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2006
At the least, there should be separate spoiler and non-spoiler versions.

9mak9

Dec 3, 2007
Originally posted by: ZzZGuy
You weren't here for the Fallout 3 release where you?

Yeah I was. I was part of the some of the threads.

Originally posted by: s44
At the least, there should be separate spoiler and non-spoiler versions.

Yeah definitely true

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
We are on our second multi thousand count offical WoW thread and still get occasional new threads started; good luck.

Nizology

Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: 9mak9
I am not sure if this has been brought up before, or if anyone really cares, but what if we created an official thread for each separate PC game. Maybe put an 'official tag' on some of the popular threads. Maybe create a genre specific thread...

Like moving forward to start one, and anyone can post whatever they wanted on it. I feel like it would help with clutter and its easier to get through.

Right now there are 3 mass effect threads on the 1st page, and I feel like its something that could be consolidated.

When I look through the forums and see all the topics it might be hard to do all of them. But there has to be a easier way for people to find answers to questions already posted, and see personal reviews, recos, etc. for each game.

Not sure if anyone has any thoughts.

This has been done for multiple games afaik. Usually the more popular games, especially new releases.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
Of course the problem with this is that one thread can get too big (see WoW thread) to actually navigate and get anything useful out of it.

It does seem that an official thread is made for new games, or games announcements already though.