*********Official Florida Republican Primary Thread********

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: loki8481
Florida just called for McCain.

woot :thumbsup:

now GTFO, Romney ;)

in-fucking-credible comeback for a guy who was broke and DOA just a few months ago.

Why you are so happy I have no idea. McCain would be utterly smashed by Hillary or Obama. Hell I know many conservative republicans who will vote Hitlery before they Vote McCain.:D

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
Baawaaahahahaha... of course this thread gets no stars because HILARY WON!

Freaking bitter bigots.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Why you are so happy I have no idea. McCain would be utterly smashed by Hillary or Obama. Hell I know many conservative republicans who will vote Hitlery before they Vote McCain.

McCain is the only republican who has a shot in the general election, by appealing to independent centrists, moderate conservatives, and opening a real discussion about the direction the american people want this country to go in.

Originally posted by: Sinsear
How did Ron Paul do?

3%?

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: SSSnail

Freaking bitter bigots.

I have come to the conclusion that Matt Drudge is actually pulling for Obama. If Obama had won it would be plastered all over the front page. Instead Drudge focuses on McCain and practically ignores Hillary. This really levels the playing field on the democratic side after Obama apparent lead in the past weeks. Personally I like Obama better than Hillary however I don't see him overcoming the power of the Clintons regardless of the Kennedy's or whomever else he has endorsing him.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
Why you are so happy I have no idea. McCain would be utterly smashed by Hillary or Obama. Hell I know many conservative republicans who will vote Hitlery before they Vote McCain.

McCain is the only republican who has a shot in the general election, by appealing to independent centrists, moderate conservatives, and opening a real discussion about the direction the american people want this country to go in.

Originally posted by: Sinsear
How did Ron Paul do?

3%?

Are you serious? Anti war candidates will be showing up at 2/1 this time around just like in the primaries and caucuses over the past weeks. Republicans are going to get slaughtered.

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: SSSnail

Freaking bitter bigots.

Ahem - the thread is about the Republican primary, and in any case, Hillary won no delegates tonight.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Perry404

Are you serious? Anti war candidates will be showing up at 2/1 this time around just like in the primaries and caucuses over the past weeks. Republicans are going to get slaughtered.

just like they did in '04?

I just love watching Romney outspend his competitors by huge margins and still get creamed :laugh:

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004

just like they did in '04?

Couldn't be more different. There was very little anti war sentiment at the time. Hell even I was rooting for Bush in 04.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004

I just love watching Romney outspend his competitors by huge margins and still get creamed :laugh:

We all love to see that.:D

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Florida just called for McCain.

woot :thumbsup:

now GTFO, Romney ;)

in-fucking-credible comeback for a guy who was broke and DOA just a few months ago.

Why you are so happy I have no idea. McCain would be utterly smashed by Hillary or Obama. Hell I know many conservative republicans who will vote Hitlery before they Vote McCain.:D

I think you're wrong there. If it's McCain and Hillary in the general election (and it looks like that's the way it's going), I think McCain wins. I think pretty much every Republican candidate could beat Hillary, to be honest.

I guess we'll see soon enough.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
For the record Rudy is officially out and he will be endorsing McCain tomorrow. In the meantime Romney is on national television crying like a baby(seriously). Huckabee will drop out after he bombs on super Tuesday and for the remaining 25+ states we'll get to see Ron Paul at every single debate taking up his fair share of time(finally) until the bloody end.

And then there were three...

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
Looking good for McCain so far, I really hope he wins the republican side, then if Obama wins the democrat side at least we won't have any TERRIBLE president, these days its too much to ask for to expect the presidential candidates to actually be good, so I just try to settle for not sucking too bad, and I think Obama vs McCain would be OK for me either way.

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Originally posted by: BrownTown
Looking good for McCain so far, I really hope he wins the republican side, then if Obama wins the democrat side at least we won't have any TERRIBLE president, these days its too much to ask for to expect the presidential candidates to actually be good, so I just try to settle for not sucking too bad, and I think Obama vs McCain would be OK for me either way.

If it comes down to McCain and Billary then I am just not going to bother voting...really don't want either of them in the office. Hopefully it will be Obama vs McCain as then I will cross party lines to vote for Obama...

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Balt

I think you're wrong there. If it's McCain and Hillary in the general election (and it looks like that's the way it's going), I think McCain wins. I think pretty much every Republican candidate could beat Hillary, to be honest.

I guess we'll see soon enough.

Reminds me of a Simpsons episode with the two aliens...no matter who you vote for you get screwed.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
Originally posted by: bozack

Reminds me of a Simpsons episode with the two aliens...no matter who you vote for you get screwed.

yes, that is correct, McLame vs. HildeBeast, it doesn't matter who wins, we all lose

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: FoBoT

yes, that is correct, McAwesome vs. Hildawin, it doesn't matter who wins, we all win

fixed! :p

Dec 10, 2005
Originally posted by: FoBoT

yes, that is correct, McAwesome vs. Hildawin, it doesn't matter who wins, we all win

broken! :p

It was good to see Guilianni flop. What a complete jerk he was...

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
It's hilarious that's there's so much outrage on the conservative blogosphere over McCain's victory... i mean come on, he isn't THAT far off the party line. Plus Romney is basically the GOP's version of John Kerry. After lambasting Kerry for so long over flip flopping, these morons actually WANT Romney?

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: Phokus
It's hilarious that's there's so much outrage on the conservative blogosphere over McCain's victory... i mean come on, he isn't THAT far off the party line. Plus Romney is basically the GOP's version of John Kerry. After lambasting Kerry for so long over flip flopping, these morons actually WANT Romney?

Good point about Romney; it seems like all the right wing talking heads are pulling for him; downplaying all the McCain stuff and trying to hype Romney. While I'm not happy with some of the stances McCain has taken, I don't trust Romney at all.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

No Conservatives don't want him. Some seem to have settled for him though. I sure haven't and won't.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
For the record Rudy is officially out and he will be endorsing McCain tomorrow. In the meantime Romney is on national television crying like a baby(seriously). Huckabee will drop out after he bombs on super Tuesday and for the remaining 25+ states we'll get to see Ron Paul at every single debate taking up his fair share of time(finally) until the bloody end.

And then there were three...
There is nothing 'official' about what Rudy is doing. It is all 'reports' nothing else.

I am sure he will be leaving soon, but don't talk about it like it has already happened.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

welcome to post-Bush republicanism.

you're either 100% with them or 100% against them.

the big tent party has become the country club party, and there's no room for dissenting views anymore.

I hope Rush is right -- I hope McCain does destroy that republican party.

sunzt

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2003
This year's general election will be the first one in a long time where there has been decent choices on both sides. Obama, Clinton, McCain.... all interesting choices. I would think the Clinton vs McCain would be the hardest to decide on.

However I'd like to note that compared to the '04 and '00 candidates, I'd pick a retarded monkey over them. I just got lucky this year that the major candidates can beat the monkey.

randym431

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2003
Tonight in Florida:
This just again tells me Obama simply is not elect able. Not this time 2008 at least.
If this were a national election tonight, Obama would have lost Florida and
McCain would have been the next president.

Strong Obama supporters remind me of the hard core Ron Paul supporters.
As loyal as they are, its just not enough.

And I still feel Kennedy's support was actually a negative for Obama, not a plus.
Many cross over Republicans that were able to go Obama, were just killed off
by old Ted. Could politics be so shady that Kennedy knew his snake oil
sale to Obama would do in Obama???? And help Hillary, a long time close friend????

Hillary is elect able.
Too many democrats remember the "good years" of Bill Clinton.
Many democrats now see that national health care is the right answer.
Not tying health care to employment is the only way to get everyone
covered. Because too many employers like wally world think they can
take a pass, when it comes to responsible health care to their employees.

Yes, wally world offers healthcare, but only after you have been employed
for a year. What happens in the mean time? Or if you come onboard
with a pre existing condition, or a family member with a pre existing?

Employer healthcare just will not cut it anymore. Hillary knows that.

Too many loyal democrats want the Clinton ?good times? back.
It was this era when many, that are in fore closure now, were able to
even buy a house in the first place.
They want those good times back.

That is why, as good as Obama is, he just is not elect able.
He is becoming the democrats Ron Paul.

But, super Tuesday will spell this out more clearly, if anyone doubts.
And like with Ron Paul supporters, it will be a bitter pill to swallow.