**OFFICIAL** FFXIV:ARR Thread

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
tank. So Pld/Gld, and Ranger second whenever that comes out. I'll be leveling all my crafts though, its too damn fun.

Which is also why i have like 5 different kinds of chisels and hammers and saws cluttering up my inventory...

robvp

Aug 7, 2013
tank. So Pld/Gld, and Ranger second whenever that comes out. I'll be leveling all my crafts though, its too damn fun.

Which is also why i have like 5 different kinds of chisels and hammers and saws cluttering up my inventory...

put them in your armory crate :p

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
put them in your armory crate :p

I have about 40 weapons, including a bunch of spears, wands, staves, bows and such. This is not counting the various hammers and whatnot. Armory crate holds 25 tops, the rest goes into bag 4 of my inventory. :p

I need to get myself a retainer and shove every single low level gear in there.

robvp

Aug 7, 2013
In any MMO, I spend way too much time crafting, so I'm excited for the time sink haha.

Crafting in 1.0 was pretty nice, i liked that i could make a few hq low level rings for my mage jobs without much problem, i even sold a couple of crafted stuffs while levelin and made a bit of cash, too bad they took a 0 out of it and now all i have is 70k lol, good thing i saved a ton of ores from leveling mining

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I tend to prefer the up close and personal melee DPS classes, so I'll probably be a monk. I'll probably try and work on just about every class though, as I tend to like playing different roles from time to time.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
I'm in, on ultros, though I haven't been able to stay interested in any MMO since WoW so I might only be playing for a month or two.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I'll be a WHM as my main. Secondary either BLM or GLD. I enjoyed GLD more than I thought I would in the last phase. BLM is a lot of fun, but man DPS queues SUCK. On my CNJ I was getting 30-50 sec queues, on the GLD I was getting instant to 10 sec queues. I asked the DPS in most groups I had how long their wait was and it ranged from 10-20 mins. Not sure I can go back to long queues like that haha.

I play on Leviathan also.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I'm on midgardsormr. My old server from FF11...

Started up the launcher and it updated, asked for my password... I was like "omg servers up early!?"

Then...

"Please wait until the start of the early access period or official launch to access the game"

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Phobic9

Golden Member
Apr 6, 2001
I'll be a WHM as my main. Secondary either BLM or GLD. I enjoyed GLD more than I thought I would in the last phase. BLM is a lot of fun, but man DPS queues SUCK. On my CNJ I was getting 30-50 sec queues, on the GLD I was getting instant to 10 sec queues. I asked the DPS in most groups I had how long their wait was and it ranged from 10-20 mins. Not sure I can go back to long queues like that haha.

I play on Leviathan also.

Yeah I leveled up a ACN first and the 30+ minute queues I had were insane. After I got that to 20, I switched to CNJ and instead of me doing a few FATEs first, I was in a dungeon almost immediately. I'll probably rush to SCH first before doing some DPS classes hoping it'll thin out a bit. It probably won't. :(

I'll be playing on Behemoth.

pathos

Aug 12, 2009
I'll be playing pugilist, then whatever other class I have to level to unlock monk, then monk.

Well, I'm sure I'll play quite a few different classes when it's all said and done. But, monk is the plan for now.

Currently my character is on Marlboro. Can't decide if I want to stay on that server, or move to another one though. Guess I should decide before tomorrow :p

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
What's everyone's race going to be? I got to level...10 or 11 as a Mi'qote but I'm really considering re-rolling as a lalafell...I just think they look awesome and the one I created looks great.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I'm going to be a basic human (Hyur) like I am in most games. I was reading up on some of the classes, and ugh... I gotta try 'em all. :$

pathos

Aug 12, 2009
What's everyone's race going to be? I got to level...10 or 11 as a Mi'qote but I'm really considering re-rolling as a lalafell...I just think they look awesome and the one I created looks great.

I've tried out midlander and highlander. Current character is Mi'qote though. Probably stick with that, although I did like the highlander.

TidusZ

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2007
wow the website/purchase system is like trying to get customer service from india... its actually worse than EA

Last edited:

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
wow the website/purchase system is like trying to get customer service from india... its actually worse than EA

Yeah their website/account portal is abysmal. Leaves a terrible impression and makes it feel amateurish/lazy.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Yeah their website/account portal is abysmal. Leaves a terrible impression and makes it feel amateurish/lazy.

not so much amateurish, just incredibly poorly designed and filled with red tape.

I managed to get through tamtara before the servers went down, nabbed myself a nice new shield for my gladiator... :D

but servers down... D:

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Heh...logged in, "unable to load world characters". Only option is to create a new char :(

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Sums it up currently lol
7x7l8Ii.gif

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Well it's been up most the day..just that nothing works. Ugh...thinking about selling off my copy. Whats the point of early access if it works worse than the beta? ;p