*OFFICIAL DALLAS/FT. WORTH TEXAS ATOT MEET*

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RedCOMET

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2002
If work isn't too demanding, i might be able to drive up from Lafayette, LA for the meet and greet. It will give me a good excuse to go back to Texas.

Count me as a tentative.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003

snuffers sounds good as well...either Addison or Dallas works...

there is a thread about the worst food in the world which was a basket of cheddar fries from Outback that looks just like Snuffer's cheddar fries...only 2900 calories :Q....mmmmm...

WingZero94

Golden Member
Mar 20, 2002
Not a Dallas / Fort Worth dweller, however i'd ask a favor of those that are (can PM if you want as not to thread hijack):

How do you like living down in Fort Worth?
Are there plenty of jobs?
How is the climate?
How is the local government?
What are the values like?

My wife and I have been contemplating a move for some time now. I've always heard that Fort Worth is a great place to live. Any insight is appreciated!

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Might be a bad night for me, I have a bday party to go to. I might stop by for an hour or so.

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Originally posted by: RedCOMET
If work isn't too demanding, i might be able to drive up from Lafayette, LA for the meet and greet. It will give me a good excuse to go back to Texas.

Count me as a tentative.

I am from Lafayette and live in dallas now. What part of lafayette you from/live in?

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
I'm in.

Did someone say strip club?

I did. We could go there after the regular meet. Don't they have the $5 charge to get in now? (new state law).

Do you still have contacts from the attendees at the last meet in DFW? If you do, please PM them and let them know about this meet. TIA.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I am in Dallas now...any fun places around ? strip club anyone ? :)

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Originally posted by: Svnla

Baby dolls? I like the strip clubs in Houston and South Texas better personally, they will do crazy things down in the valley.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: MetalMat

Baby dolls? I like the strip clubs in Houston and South Texas better personally, they will do crazy things down in the valley.

The one in Dallas? Wanna go? I am game after 5 p.m.

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
I'd much rather eat in Dallas rather than Addison. Addison is just so far away!

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Safeway

Come on, it is not that far. I drove for 3 hrs to get to DFW. Hope you can make it.

BTW, thanks the mod <whoever you are> for sticky this thread.

:cookie: for she mod and :beer: for he mod....I know, sounds kinda kinky :)

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004

Come on, it is not that far. I drove for 3 hrs to get to DFW. Hope you can make it.

BTW, thanks the mod <whoever you are> for sticky this thread.

:cookie: for she mod and :beer: for he mod....I know, sounds kinda kinky :)

I have to work around my girlfriend's schedule, too. We aren't getting in from Austin until Saturday at some point.

pmoa

Platinum Member
Dec 24, 2001
dang. I was just in DFW...I like it there...saw the galleria and the Gaylord Texan...

Maybe worth moving down there to work sometime.

TonyG

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2000
I might be able to make it, depends on work though. I just moved to Carrollton for a job, so yeah meeting a few people would be cool.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Ok, look like we are going to have a good turn out. Hopefully, we will have a great weather in the Metroplex this weekend.

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
I take that back, no one has their image posted except me and MetalMat. Good job guys. :(

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I take that back, no one has their image posted except me and MetalMat. Good job guys. :(

<<------ Butt-ugly