**OFFICIAL & CONFIRMED** Just got back from T3: RISE OF THE MACHINES advanced screening.

LOLyourFace

Banned
Jun 1, 2002
I went in expecting very little, because two was just phenominal.

And I was right. Exactly same pattern Matrix 2 followed: Lots of shallow action and blow-ups, very anti climatic ending...

A surprise was that it tried to be funny on many occassoins.. esp, Arnold making fun of himself from the previous sequel...

"She'll be back.."
"I'm back.."

rolleye.gif

plus u know movies suck when it becomes 2-hr commercials: ALL the computers in the movie was DELL. Even the govt pentagon computers. Dell LCDs, Dell PCs.. even DELL cardboard boxes when characters moved into the empty airbase...

whatever.

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Great, I'll see it tomorrow.

And Matrix Reloaded was awesome.

LOLyourFace

Banned
Jun 1, 2002
i was hella surprised Claire Danes was in the movie!

Last time I saw her was from MTV days... "My So-Called Life" "Romeo and Juliet"

She looks sooooooooo old now!!!! She looks like she could pass for mid-late 20s.

brunswickite

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
i was reading that it was pretty good from other places....

the problem alot of these sequels have are they have so much anticipation built from the first movies in the series, that they can NEVER live up to the hype no matter how good they are. e.g. phantom menace, matrix reloaded, t3. hardcore fans alaways b1tch and moan and put these movies under the microscope.

T3C

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2003
i dont think im gonna waste my time going and seeing this one

T3C

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2003
i dont think im gonna waste my time going and seeing this one

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: LOLyourFace

She looks sooooooooo old now!!!! She looks like she could pass for mid-late 20s.
My friend ran into Claire Danes... literally. Somewhere in NYC Chinatown a couple of years back. He apologized and she just went on her way with some guy friend.

LOLyourFace

Banned
Jun 1, 2002
Originally posted by: brunswickite
i was reading that it was pretty good from other places....

the problem alot of these sequels have are they have so much anticipation built from the first movies in the series, that they can NEVER live up to the hype no matter how good they are. e.g. phantom menace, matrix reloaded, t3. hardcore fans alaways b1tch and moan and put these movies under the microscope.

right. but it's so true. Two was just phenominal.. Had great actions, portrayed beuatiful human relationships (kid john o'connor and his attachment with the committed robot), etc...

3? wtf.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: rh71

My friend ran into Claire Danes... literally. Somewhere in NYC Chinatown a couple of years back. He apologized and she just went on her way with some guy friend.

Is she as flat in person as she appears in TV/movies? :D

cyclistca

Platinum Member
Dec 5, 2000

Born April 12, 1979. Pretty close to mid twenties.

brunswickite

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
Hey Janelle, Hows Wolfy? I can hear him barking from here.

Wolfys just fine honey... wolfy's just fine. Where are you?

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: NFS4

Put it this way... she's making a career out of skill and not looks. I personally find her as an attractive girl - just not for me.

theNEOone

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
Exactly same pattern Matrix 2 followed: Lots of shallow action and blow-ups, very anti climatic ending

i don't know how that follows matrix 2. matrix 2 didn't even have an ending. and exactly how is something being blown up, "shallow"???
rolleye.gif

=|

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002

/me thinks nfs4 has a weird fixation on bewbies.. :D

LOLyourFace

Banned
Jun 1, 2002
Originally posted by: theNEOone
Exactly same pattern Matrix 2 followed: Lots of shallow action and blow-ups, very anti climatic ending

i don't know how that follows matrix 2. matrix 2 didn't even have an ending. and exactly how is something being blown up, "shallow"???
rolleye.gif

=|

you've got to be kidding me. The action from T3 compared to T2 is totally different. Same as Matrix 1 vs 2. Matrix 1 was so damn cool and made me awe. Reloaded's action just made me sit there and yawn. You know what I'm talking about. When things blow up wayy out of realism and too much blatant fake graphics, it's just blah...

I miss the T2 action.. nothing was computer fake (except the liquid terminator of course, which was supposed to be). I shoud use the word, 'setting' to give you a better grasp of what I'm trying to say.... Remember in 2, the helicopter chasing the car scene.... the truck chasing the bike scene.. how Terminator went to the skynet building and blew everything up with 0 casualities.. those actions made me so excited.. and still does..

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

Are you as shallow and superficial in real life as you are in these forums?

LOLyourFace

Banned
Jun 1, 2002
Originally posted by: Syringer

Are you as shallow and superficial in real life as you are in these forums?

and I gotta admit, she was GREAT in the movie.. her dramatic acting was the ONLY saving grace from the stiff Arnold & idiotic john o'connor (not the same person as the kid in 2... he was very good!)

and that made her very very attractive...

theNEOone

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001

rolleye.gif

=|

you've got to be kidding me. The action from T3 compared to T2 is totally different. Same as Matrix 1 vs 2. Matrix 1 was so damn cool and made me awe. Reloaded's action just made me sit there and yawn. You know what I'm talking about. When things blow up wayy out of realism and too much blatant fake graphics, it's just blah...

I miss the T2 action.. nothing was computer fake (except the liquid terminator of course, which was supposed to be). I shoud use the word, 'setting' to give you a better grasp of what I'm trying to say.... Remember in 2, the helicopter chasing the car scene.... the truck chasing the bike scene.. how Terminator went to the skynet building and blew everything up with 0 casualities.. those actions made me so excited.. and still does..
um, go watch matrix 1 buddy. tell me if you're still in awe. matrix 1 has nothing over matrix 2 in terms of action and graphics. NOTHING.

the first time i saw matrix 2 i did have some of that "yawn" attitude that you're talking about - but it wasn't because of the action sequences. it had to do w/ the overall feel of the movie - the expectations i had gave me a wierd perspective when i watched the movie. but when i went to watch it again (to better understand plot details), i left my expectations at the door. i was absolutely floored by matrix 2 the second time i saw it. it's a work of art. leaps and bounds beyond the original matrix in every aspect.

=|

LOLyourFace

Banned
Jun 1, 2002
um, go watch matrix 1 buddy. tell me if you're still in awe. matrix 1 has nothing over matrix 2 in terms of action and graphics. NOTHING.

the first time i saw matrix 2 i did have some of that "yawn" attitude that you're talking about - but it wasn't because of the action sequences. it had to do w/ the overall feel of the movie - the expectations i had gave me a wierd perspective when i watched the movie. but when i went to watch it again (to better understand plot details), i left my expectations at the door. i

=|

wow. just. wow. you actually liked the scene when neo flew up in the air like superman above all the clouds as the moonlight shined on him? that was so fn sad... so wrong. you could actually see the polygons of his grpahically drawn Neo.

I was absolutely floored by matrix 2 the second time i saw it. it's a work of art. leaps and bounds beyond the original matrix in every aspect.

sorry but you're very easily amused with pure shallow eye candy.

theNEOone

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
Originally posted by: LOLyourFacesorry but you're very easily amused with pure shallow eye candy.
um yah, it's a good thing you know what i like about the movie
rolleye.gif

=|