OFFICIAL Community - Season 2 Thread

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Annie suggesting a "boob bounce" or whatever at the beginning of the last episode...left me quite distracted. I don't really remember what happened for the remaining 26 minutes, but what I do remember, was awesome.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Annie suggesting a "boob bounce" or whatever at the beginning of the last episode...left me quite distracted. I don't really remember what happened for the remaining 26 minutes, but what I do remember, was awesome.

When they gave her that "Oh no you didn't!?" look, I cried a little on the inside :|.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I'm a little behind, but the Apoloo 13 episode was freaking awesome. Loved that one. :awe:

I think I have two more episode to watch in order to catch-up.

KT

think you may be three behind, 4 as of later this week.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Nothing on the last two weeks of Community? I think they've managed to top, or at least equal, the paintball episode from season 1.

rcpratt

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
The last two weeks have been, I thought, awesome. The "bottle episode" was pretty hilarious (yay Annie's boobs!), and I thought the conspiracy episode last night was even better. Thought it would never end...haha.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
last night, was quite awesome.

fun fact: yesterday, Nov 18th, really was Latvian Independence day. So the bit with the Latvian parade going through the tent city celebrating their Independence was intentional for the air date. Kudos to the writers for looking up details like that and finding a way to put them in.

My GF is Latvian, so she was quite excited to see it--the only other time that I know of when American TV has referenced Latvia, was Seinfeld, when George wanted to convert to the Latvian Orthodox faith (which isn't real).

:D

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
fun fact: yesterday, Nov 18th, really was Latvian Independence day. So the bit with the Latvian parade going through the tent city celebrating their Independence was intentional for the air date. Kudos to the writers for looking up details like that and finding a way to put them in.

That is way cool. Community is on a different level than any other sitcom on TV, when it's at its best you can laugh constantly at an episode, go back and watch it again and laugh at the stuff you missed the first time around. No other show has that many layers.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Anyone get the reference with the garden?

I'm an English geek with relatively low pop culture knowledge, so I pinned that as Frances Hodgson Burnett but that is both too easy and too archaic. So what reference did you get from it?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I'm an English geek with relatively low pop culture knowledge, so I pinned that as Frances Hodgson Burnett but that is both too easy and too archaic. So what reference did you get from it?

You mean it's not The Secret Garden?

:hmm:

Lamont Burns

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2002
i haven't been watching them closely enough the past few weeks.. why was chevy chase in a quadriplegic chair in the beginning and nobody spoke to him and it wasn't referenced at all?

also, every community post i make has to include that annie is so gd hot

rcpratt

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
i haven't been watching them closely enough the past few weeks.. why was chevy chase in a quadriplegic chair in the beginning and nobody spoke to him and it wasn't referenced at all?

also, every community post i make has to include that annie is so gd hot
3 episodes ago:
Meanwhile, Jeff and Troy embrace a zen-like spirituality under the guidance of a groundskeeper (Matt Walsh) when they come across a secret trampoline on campus. Determined to uncover the source of their new bliss, Pierce ends up taking a disastrous turn on the trampoline and lands in the hospital.

Lamont Burns

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2002
ah yes! thanks for the update... i do remember that. don't see many sitcoms carry over a timeline like that.

i cackled at:

"want to make a cardboard submarine?"
"get out of my head."

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
ah yes! thanks for the update... i do remember that. don't see many sitcoms carry over a timeline like that.

i cackled at:

"want to make a cardboard submarine?"
"get out of my brain."

This! :D

fixed--I think he said "brain"

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
haha...good episode tonight. a little out of the ordinary for the show but I liked it.

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
oh dear lord, today's episode is HILARIOUS, I can't stop laughing.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
This well written review/article about the brilliant "The Paradigms of Human Memory" episode -- which is being re-run tonight kids! -- reminded me of how amazing and singularly creative this show became.

To the DVR! :p