***OFFICIAL*** Canadians: Federal Election Thread

Page 14 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by: SickBeast
Originally posted by: RichardE
Originally posted by: desy
Yep Rae would bring his commie roots to the Libs carving up lefty votes but moving small c Libs to the conservatives

Harper screwing our country is party BS, of the G7 we are the only country expected to grow in the coming year, not bad in an eco shitstorm.
Hopefully they grow an environmental platform some though as a move to the center , they need to improve

Rae would be a disaster, absolute, disaster.
I didn't vote for Rae because he doesn't know his own political stripes.

I voted Green and I'm glad that I did. I hope they use the $1.50 well.

The Afghanistan war is now on the rest of your consciences, fellow Canadians who voted Conservative. :light:

I suppose I can say the same thing regarding the stock market reaction today. Conservative voters are selfish and short-sighted with minds clouded by the elite-owned media.

The greens are irrelevant.
I am happy with what we are doing in Afghanistan. SO ARE MOST CANADIANS as demonstrated by the way they voted.

Keep in mind that only 59% of the population voted so there are a lot of Canadians that simply don't give a fuck about Afghanistan or politic.

You're the elitist douche in the minority here. Just like the rest of the liberals fucktards.

You should read their comments on the CBC comments sections. They sound just like you.

As they say in a popular TV show= The tribe has spoken!

LOL

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Number1
Yep Rae would bring his commie roots to the Libs carving up lefty votes but moving small c Libs to the conservatives

Harper screwing our country is party BS, of the G7 we are the only country expected to grow in the coming year, not bad in an eco shitstorm.
Hopefully they grow an environmental platform some though as a move to the center , they need to improve

The Afghanistan war is now on the rest of your consciences, fellow Canadians who voted Conservative. :light:

I suppose I can say the same thing regarding the stock market reaction today. Conservative voters are selfish and short-sighted with minds clouded by the elite-owned media.

I am happy with what we are doing in Afghanistan. SO ARE MOST CANADIANS as demonstrated by the way they voted.

Keep in mind that only 59% of the population voted so there are a lot of Canadians that simply don't give a fuck about Afghanistan or politic.

You're the elitist douche in the minority here. Just like the rest of the liberals fucktards.

You should read their comments on the CBC comments sections. They sound just like you.

LOL
Call me what you wish; it's a reflection of yourself.

The fact remains that the only party to gain votes was the Green party.

The Conservatives wasted $300 million on an election that effectively changed nothing. The disgusting aspect of this is that they actually gained power by not conserving our tax dollars. Remember, that's why they want to govern to begin with: power.

As a taxpaying Canadian, unless you earn more than $90,000 or so, it is not in your best interest to vote Conservative.

IMO the main reason why the Conservatives are doing so well is because of the baby boomers retiring. They have what they have, want to keep it, and could care less if the rest of us become educated or not. These people are also the biggest drain on our economy right now.

As I said: Conservative voters, you have made your beds. I hope you can sleep in good conscience. Stupid is as stupid does, and greed gets you nowhere in the end.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
wrong thread

I don't know jack about our neighbors to the north unlike what they claim they know about us down here.

When it comes time I will associate myself with those that are experts on our Canuck friends.

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
wrong thread

I don't know jack about our neighbors to the north unlike what they claim they know about us down here.

When it comes time I will associate myself with those that are experts on our Canuck friends.
:Q

Are you referring to Manifest Destiny, or are you moving north?

Firebot

Golden Member
Jul 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Number1

LOL
Call me what you wish; it's a reflection of yourself.

The fact remains that the only party to gain votes was the Green party.

The Conservatives wasted $300 million on an election that effectively changed nothing. The disgusting aspect of this is that they actually gained power by not conserving our tax dollars. Remember, that's why they want to govern to begin with: power.

As a taxpaying Canadian, unless you earn more than $90,000 or so, it is not in your best interest to vote Conservative.

IMO the main reason why the Conservatives are doing so well is because of the baby boomers retiring. They have what they have, want to keep it, and could care less if the rest of us become educated or not. These people are also the biggest drain on our economy right now.

As I said: Conservative voters, you have made your beds. I hope you can sleep in good conscience. Stupid is as stupid does, and greed gets you nowhere in the end.

We get it already. You want Canada to become a welfare state where money is printed to everyone but the rich. In other words, you think you are owed money for doing nothing. The greedy ones are the people who can't think past their nose, and their only political argument is that 'Harper is evil, has a hidden agenda and will eat your babies':roll:.

Once you are out of college and in the real world you will understand. Claiming 37% of the voting population and the majority of the Canadians who did vote are selfish is a joke.

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Firebot
Once you are out of college and in the real world you will understand. Claiming 37% of the voting population and the majority of the Canadians who did vote are selfish is a joke.
What else would you call it?

Perhaps the poor should starve and die while the 20,000 or so elite rich monopolize the country. That is the inevitable end to Conservative means.

Fortune tell all that you want about my future thoughts. When I'm old and about to retire I plan to share nice. I don't believe in pillaging the earth then dying and leaving a mess in my wake.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
McKenna eyeing Liberal leadership

OTTAWA -- Frank McKenna, the former premier of New Brunswick, is said to be seriously considering a bid for the Liberal leadership should Stephane Dion step down.

"Frank still has the bug and is open to lobbying from some of Canada's most senior businessmen that the party needs him and the country needs him," said a Liberal source who is understood to have been in contact with the former Canadian ambassador to Washington.

Mr. McKenna's name is frequently mentioned as a potential leadership candidate, but he decided not to run in the 2006 contest because of health issues facing his wife, Julie. Those issues are said to have been resolved.

Supporters of a McKenna candidacy argue that the notion of uniting the left is a losing strategy for the Liberal party and that only a move back to the political centre will unseat Stephen Harper's Conservatives. Liberals not aligned with either the Rae or Ignatieff camps say the two men are "on a collision course -- they can hardly stand being in the same room."

Is Mr. McKenna re-entering the arena? I don't know very much about the guy.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: yllus
McKenna eyeing Liberal leadership

OTTAWA -- Frank McKenna, the former premier of New Brunswick, is said to be seriously considering a bid for the Liberal leadership should Stephane Dion step down.

"Frank still has the bug and is open to lobbying from some of Canada's most senior businessmen that the party needs him and the country needs him," said a Liberal source who is understood to have been in contact with the former Canadian ambassador to Washington.

Mr. McKenna's name is frequently mentioned as a potential leadership candidate, but he decided not to run in the 2006 contest because of health issues facing his wife, Julie. Those issues are said to have been resolved.

Supporters of a McKenna candidacy argue that the notion of uniting the left is a losing strategy for the Liberal party and that only a move back to the political centre will unseat Stephen Harper's Conservatives. Liberals not aligned with either the Rae or Ignatieff camps say the two men are "on a collision course -- they can hardly stand being in the same room."

Is Mr. McKenna re-entering the arena? I don't know very much about the guy.

I hope not. I'm praying the Liberals don't make the same mistake again in choosing another Dion (poor guy, his name will be used to describe absolute failure of leadership.). I am hoping Gerard Kennedy gets it myself, though I have yet to hear whether hes considering another run.