***OFFICIAL*** BF2 DEMO Review Thread

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: KMDupont64
I feel like 1/2 the games I play in are filled with team killers and the other half are filled with people that don't grasp the concept of commander/squad play.

I see potential, but damn does it suck to play with retards.

the voice chat system in the full game will help alleviate that immensely.

imported_FishTaco

Golden Member
Apr 28, 2004
Originally posted by: Acanthus
Originally posted by: KMDupont64
I feel like 1/2 the games I play in are filled with team killers and the other half are filled with people that don't grasp the concept of commander/squad play.

I see potential, but damn does it suck to play with retards.

the voice chat system in the full game will help alleviate that immensely.

There's voice chat in the demo.

royaldank

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2001
Originally posted by: FishTaco

Anything I need to do to get this running? I've select the "Voip" option under audio and have a mic and headset working. Still, I've never heard anyone else. I don't think anyone has heard me, either. What button is it to talk? I was sort of confused by all the choices in the menu (Radio, Sec. Radio, etc.).

imported_FishTaco

Golden Member
Apr 28, 2004
Originally posted by: royaldank
Originally posted by: FishTaco

Anything I need to do to get this running? I've select the "Voip" option under audio and have a mic and headset working. Still, I've never heard anyone else. I don't think anyone has heard me, either. What button is it to talk? I was sort of confused by all the choices in the menu (Radio, Sec. Radio, etc.).

You have to be in a squad, then you can only talk to your squad, or you can be the commander then you can talk to your squad leaders.

EDIT: Also the server must support VOIP. It's the little headphone icon in the server list.

royaldank

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2001
Thanks. I thought it might just be squad only. The last few servers I've been in haven't really done the squad thing...everyone is just running around on their own.

supastar1568

Apr 6, 2005
Originally posted by: royaldank
Thanks. I thought it might just be squad only. The last few servers I've been in haven't really done the squad thing...everyone is just running around on their own.

good way to get killed. haha

this game is good stuff

akubi

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
best thing about squads is that you can choose to respawn next to your squad leader. :laugh:

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by: supastar1568
Originally posted by: ^Sniper^
Anyone with 1gb,3000+@3200+,6600GT,ect running it? What settings and any slowdown?

i have a amd 64 3200+, 6600gt , 1GB Memory. Shadows off (do this for every game i play), lighting medium, texture medium, everything else High including 4xAA. I ran fraps and pulled an average of 55 fps after playing for 20 minutes.

Perfectly smooth, great game, i reserved my copy today

That does not sound like online play, and definately not 32 or 64 players.

That is ONLINE play and a FULL 64 player server. No joke.

Unless Fraps is wrong or something. Every time i play i take my average FPS. The lowest average I have ever got was 54 fps. AND i make sure to look at fps killing stuff (like when there is an artillary strike and a lot of action). Never averaged lower than 54fps. If I have been flying for a while my average fps is usually higher, around 60s. keep in mind, these are with the settings i posted above with shadows completly OFF.

Why would I make that up?

i didnt say you made it up, im saying that is very high performance for a large online server. and simply *AMAZING* for a 6600GT since my 6800GT can barely match it.

Im on almost the same system he is...
im runnign 1600x1200 4x AA everything on high inc shadows....

and its smooth as glass...
on full 64 man servers...

your rig is sick if you got issues...

A64 3200 2 gig Kingston value ram 6800 GT not Oced ASUS K8N-E mb
A2 ZS sound... and the game is installed on a 200G SATA drive..

no issues at all..
great game already reserved it.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: CVSiN
Anyone with 1gb,3000+@3200+,6600GT,ect running it? What settings and any slowdown?

i have a amd 64 3200+, 6600gt , 1GB Memory. Shadows off (do this for every game i play), lighting medium, texture medium, everything else High including 4xAA. I ran fraps and pulled an average of 55 fps after playing for 20 minutes.

Unless Fraps is wrong or something. Every time i play i take my average FPS. The lowest average I have ever got was 54 fps. AND i make sure to look at fps killing stuff (like when there is an artillary strike and a lot of action). Never averaged lower than 54fps. If I have been flying for a while my average fps is usually higher, around 60s. keep in mind, these are with the settings i posted above with shadows completly OFF.

i didnt say you made it up, im saying that is very high performance for a large online server. and simply *AMAZING* for a 6600GT since my 6800GT can barely match it.

no issues at all..

its because you have 2 gigs of ram. he doesnt, its not the same system. He would be well over the 1GB threshold at 1600x1200 with 4XAA.

supastar1568

Apr 6, 2005
Originally posted by: CVSiN

yea, i play at 1024x768. Any higher and id have to def drop down the settings a bunch. Just gonna stay at 1024x768

no issues at all..

its because you have 2 gigs of ram. he doesnt, its not the same system. He would be well over the 1GB threshold at 1600x1200 with 4XAA.