Official Avail. Nov 13th - Android 4.2 - LG Nexus 4 - Asus Nexus 7 - Samsung Nexus 10

Page 42 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thisjustin

Aug 16, 2010
I've had the same thing with my nexus 4, pending for 3 days with a hold on my back account. But just got a shipping notice and tracking number! Woot!

I thought for sure my order was on backorder this morning when my bank balance wasn't showing any hold change from Google. But now they have shipped apparently, without charging me yet? Strange.

It's shipping from Kentucky with an estimated Monday delivery via Ups.

A5

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2000
Mine got delivered today. Waiting for the internal delivery people at work to bring it to my office now.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
Worst launch and worst retail in history.

I was part of Touchpad fire sale and iPhone 5 launch. HP and Apple both get an A. Google gets F. HP took millions in additional losses by producing extra units to fill backorders. That's customer service.

No way. Rasp Pi blows this away by miles.

One thing you can't knock Apple on is their order fulfillment, that's for sure. They are spot on with their shipping windows.

Oct 25, 2006
Worst launch and worst retail in history.

I was part of Touchpad fire sale and iPhone 5 launch. HP and Apple both get an A. Google gets F. HP took millions in additional losses by producing extra units to fill backorders. That's customer service.

I don't know how HP gets an A. I had 3 separate touchpad orders outright canceled 2 days after I ordered them and was fully charged for them and took them another 2 weeks to remove that charge from my card.

Last edited:

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
No way. Rasp Pi blows this away by miles.

One thing you can't knock Apple on is their order fulfillment, that's for sure. They are spot on with their shipping windows.

lol oh Rasp Pi. I ordered mine and then literally 4 months later it randomly shows up at my door.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
FU Google again!!!

No reply back from Ray via email.

Called and spoke to someone named Mark who told me that he couldn't do anything and that I could do a partial cancel online and he was going to email instructions but never did.

Called again and spoke to Krista who told me that she can't cancel or ship part of an order. And my only option was to place a new order for a Nexus 10 then when I get the Nexus 4 and 10 three weeks from now, file a buyer's remorse thing on the Nexus 10 then call in to RMA it and get a shipping label to return it.

What an assbackwards company.

Headcase_Fargone

Nov 20, 2009
All you guys getting shipment notifications, did you receive the backordered three weeks email like the rest of us or just no word at all until it shipped?

mosco

Sep 24, 2002
Just got our nexus 10 at work. Kind of under whelming. This thing is also awkward as hell to hold.

pm

Elite Member Mobile Devices
Jan 25, 2000
All you guys getting shipment notifications, did you receive the backordered three weeks email like the rest of us or just no word at all until it shipped?

The latter. Nothing at all - no email at all since I ordered - and then a shipping notification.

Elganja

Platinum Member
May 21, 2007
so i got my nexus 10... i normally do the backup with google and so forth... really weird but it's restoring my nexus 10 as if it is my galaxy nexus (so it's restoring all the apps on my phone, onto my nexus 10.. however it's not restoring the keyboard/wifi/etc settings)

anyone experience something similar?

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
the rattle is the autofocus. nexus one did the same thing.

can't see any yellow tint on mine after the screen's been on for ~30 mins. maybe i'm lucky.

Feb 19, 2001

can't see any yellow tint on mine after the screen's been on for ~30 mins. maybe i'm lucky.

what do you mean it's the autofocus? It's the lens physically moving? My iPhone 5 rattles too. My SGS2 rattles too. I think there's just something loose in the phone.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
what do you mean it's the autofocus? It's the lens physically moving? My iPhone 5 rattles too. My SGS2 rattles too. I think there's just something loose in the phone.

Yeah thats not the autofocus. Somethings slightly loose inside, going by that video it looks like a non issue.

Your SGS2 rattles? I dont remember mine doing it, I'll check out the wifes in the morning. My S3 makes no sound no matter how hard I shake it.

Skurge

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2009
My Lumia 800 does that, sounds like it's from the upper end of the phone. Near the camera.

pm

Elite Member Mobile Devices
Jan 25, 2000

My iPhone 5 doesn't rattle at all. You mean you shake it and it makes noise? Really? And the SGS2 that I used to own would rattle a tiny bit - the battery could move a bit - but it was pretty much a non-issue. I wouldn't say that either my former SGS2 nor my iPhone 5 rattle at all and I'm kind of surprised that you think that they do. My iPhone 5 feels like an absolute dense brick of metal and glass in my hand.

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000

These are fixed lenses. There are no moving parts.

basslover1

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2004
Still nothing from Google about my N4 order :/

No back-order email, no shipping email, nothing. This is just sad. I ordered literally 10 minutes after it was available and I haven't heard a damn thing except for the initial "order complete" email 25 minutes after purchase.