**Official ATOT "I don't work in IT" club**

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Controller here.

Do we get a cool sig with our club membership?

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
Originally posted by: CPA
Controller here.

Do we get a cool sig with our club membership?

Yes, we have the coolest sig out of all the clubs. Everyone in this thread is allowed to write this in their sig:

Elite member of the "I Don't Work in IT" club

imported_DocHolliday

Nov 19, 2004
Originally posted by: dquan97
Originally posted by: vital
Auditing here

what do you audit?

State Auditor, auditing nonprofits, cities, and counties for compliance.

YAY at least you say that you're auditing compliance.... Doing a GAGAS audit following a compliance auditor who claims his financial statements are GAAP = lots of PPAs which is a PITA!

Needless to say... I'm an auditor too haha

Rike

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2004
Originally posted by: GuitarDaddy
I guess we are geek wannabe's

No IT for me. Education.

<-- Definitely a wannbe geek.

People who know nothing about computers think I'm a genius, while I know the truth: I've reached a higher level of ignorance. :D

vital

Platinum Member
Sep 28, 2000
Originally posted by: DocHolliday
Originally posted by: vital
Auditing here

what do you audit?

State Auditor, auditing nonprofits, cities, and counties for compliance.

YAY at least you say that you're auditing compliance.... Doing a GAGAS audit following a compliance auditor who claims his financial statements are GAAP = lots of PPAs which is a PITA!

Needless to say... I'm an auditor too haha

lolz I'm an IT auditor.. am I excluded?

mav451

Jan 31, 2006
Civil Engineer. I had a Phenom die on my desktop for the longest time and people had a hard time telling what it was. I got 27-35 year olds next to me getting confused about frozen layers in AutoCAD. Sigh. Maybe I should be using this for my advantage?

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Originally posted by: zinfamous
Finally....

I don't even know how to set up a pint server :p

...I work in genetics, btw.

What is a pint server?

imported_Smurf

Mar 4, 2007
www.irsmurf.com
I'm non-IT. Represent! <.<

It's funny I saw this topic, today. I'm a waiter at Red Lobster. However, I went to Best Buy yesterday in my uniform (white shirt, black pants/belt/shoes), and an Best Buy employee (blue shirt) came up and started filling me on a problem a customer had. She described the users computer (two year old HP) to me and asked rather or not different hardware would work with her computer. Then she said "You're Geek Squad, right?" And I responded, "No, I'm a server at Red Lobster, but I am a dork, so I know exactly what you're talking about."

She was terribly embarassed, but I told her I'd talk to the lady. I explained USB 1.1 and 2.0, helped her pick out a printer, and answered a lot of questions. Sheesh... I didn't make a dime off that commission.

I really need to get out of waiting tables... I have no idea what kind of tech job I want.

Sprint is looking for phone techs that start at 11/hr. Not a bad job for a college student. Anyone work in Geek Squad that would recommend the job?