Official AFC Championship Thread: Pittsburgh Steelers vs. New England Patriots

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rsd

Platinum Member
Dec 30, 2003
Originally posted by: PBiddy412
I think the factor was Dieon Branch ... burned our defenders!

Yeah Branch is nasty...he missed though half the season people forget.

PBiddy412

Dec 22, 2004
Originally posted by: rsd
Originally posted by: PBiddy412
I think the factor was Dieon Branch ... burned our defenders!

Yeah Branch is nasty...he missed though half the season people forget.

He wasn't their when Steelers beat the Pats last time. Pats, they finally earned my respect, winning with people while all being hurt. Still hate them though but they do deserve respect.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Ben lost the game for the Steelers. Flat out, he played like a rookie and clearly can't handle the pressure of playoff games yet.

RaynorWolfcastle

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: BlinderBomber
Ben lost the game for the Steelers. Flat out, he played like a rookie and clearly can't handle the pressure of playoff games yet.
Yep. He had flashes of how good he will be though; give him another year or two and he'll be dominant like Brady is right now.

gflores

Jul 10, 2003
Originally posted by: RaynorWolfcastle
Yep. He had flashes of how good he will be though; give him another year or two and he'll be dominant like Brady is right now.

Honestly, I don't think he will be, especially if Bettis retires.

RaynorWolfcastle

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: gflores
Honestly, I don't think he will be, especially if Bettis retires.
I love the bus, but Staley is a better RB than Bettis at this point. Bettis is good in the role they gave him at the beginning of the season (running people over for short gains).

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
This game came down to the interceptions, plain and simple. Both teams played well otherwise, and the Steelers could easily have won if not for the turnover. Roeth looked like Neil O'Donnell in the Steeler's last SB, but the difference being O'Donnell was a seasoned QB. So although it is Roeth's fault, I don't blame him. :)

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001

I don't think so. Next season will probably be pretty rough for him. Teams began to figure him out and the end of this season (look at his stats for the last 6 games).

RaynorWolfcastle

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
I don't think so. Next season will probably be pretty rough for him. Teams began to figure him out and the end of this season (look at his stats for the last 6 games).
Fair enough, but look at today's game. Add a little experience and he throws maybe one of the 3 INTs he had; his stats weren't bad on the day apart from the INTs. I think he'll be good.

Reckoner

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Fair enough, but look at today's game. Add a little experience and he throws maybe one of the 3 INTs he had; his stats weren't bad on the day apart from the INTs. I think he'll be good.

That's like saying the Steelers played a decent game apart from giving up 41 points on the night.

RaynorWolfcastle

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: PaulNEPats
That's like saying the Steelers played a decent game apart from giving up 41 points on the night.
ummm... the Steelers DID play a decent game,the Pats just played a much better game. Also, you're missing the point entirely if that's your view of the situation. Give the kid some time to mature.

bjc112

Lifer
Dec 23, 2000
Can't win a damn game when you throw 3 INT's.

Don't want to point fingers but Roethlisburger blew the game for them.

:(

15-1 to waste.