Discussion ***Official*** 2023 Stock Market Thread 💰

Page 47 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 17, 2019
My TSP (Feds and former Feds will know what that is) shows a meager 15.46% rise for the year. Not great but not as terrible as some years.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
70-something percent here thanks to a 100.8% gain in RSUs. Ignore the fact that they started 2023 worth a third of the 2021 peak.

turtile

Aug 19, 2014
My TSP (Feds and former Feds will know what that is) shows a meager 15.46% rise for the year. Not great but not as terrible as some years.

I have almost all of my contributions in the C fund. The default L funds seem like a bad deal when you consider that part of the diversification is foreign stocks with little to no growth combined with bonds.

Nov 17, 2019
C is too volatile for later on. Same with S and some of the others. Ls aren't intended for much growth. They're more for stability so you don't lose too much in the last few years before you start drawing. I should have been drawing for the last few years, but I haven't really needed it ... yet.

turtile

Aug 19, 2014
C is too volatile for later on. Same with S and some of the others. Ls aren't intended for much growth. They're more for stability so you don't lose too much in the last few years before you start drawing. I should have been drawing for the last few years, but I haven't really needed it ... yet.
It makes sense at that age but for me, it doesn't. I still have 30 years left to retire and the L fund for my age group already goes into less risky assets. I haven't been in the government for 10 years, but if I had left it in L, I would have doubled my returns, whereas C would have tripled my returns. Even if C dropped in half, I'd still be ahead.