Discussion ***Official*** 2021 Stock Market Thread

Page 44 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nisryus

Sep 11, 2007
She is wanting to sell them at $700 now, thinking it will keep dropping. I told her to wait a little.

Hope the tax credit would come through...

amy thomson

Feb 22, 2021
I watched Graham Stephen's new video today. I am not afraid of a crash. I am young enough to recover. This is the link, if you haven't seen it yet. I really like the way he explains the market and his research. I am fairly new to investing. Who do y'all follow for new information?

Link removed.

We don't allow the use of url shorteners, especially pay for views ones.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Bought 500 shares of CCIV at $38.20. Merger detail news with Lucid is out, and people are selling on the news. I think the selling is overdone and the stock will bounce back in couple of weeks. But I'm respecting the price action and cautious it could drop further. I plan to add more shares if it falls. It hit the low of $33.53 at around 5 am this morning. I was up at around 4 am and fell back asleep around 4:30 am and CCIV was around $37 then. So I paid up little since then but it's no big deal in the big picture.

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
Bought 500 shares of CCIV at $38.20. Merger detail news with Lucid is out, and people are selling on the news. I think the selling is overdone and the stock will bounce back in couple of weeks. But I'm respecting the price action and cautious it could drop further. I plan to add more shares if it falls. It hit the low of $33.53 at around 5 am this morning. I was up at around 4 am and fell back asleep around 4:30 am and CCIV was around $37 then. So I paid up little since then but it's no big deal in the big picture.

Supposedly valuation was much higher than what was expected, which slashed price forecasts. I'm glad I sold at $54 right after the pop, but I would like buy back in when the price stabilizes a bit.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Supposedly valuation was much higher than what was expected, which slashed price forecasts. I'm glad I sold at $54 right after the pop, but I would like buy back in when the price stabilizes a bit.
I looked through Lucid Investor Deck slides.

https://www.lucidmotors.com/files/lucid-investor-deck-february-2021.pdf

Lucid valuation is not bad in current market where everything is expensive. Compared to lot of companies with no working product and only MS Paint drawing valuation, Lucid could be valued much more. I don't think they have much of a chance against Tesla longterm but I don't believe anyone really does outside of Nio and Xpeng in China. Lucid will get some bids and they could ultimately carve out niche market for their cars.

Reactions: Roger Wilco

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Ugly day. People were asking when it was going to crash. Well, here we are. Let the games begin.

Back to work.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Free money over. :(
Nothing lasts forever! :)

I bought back TSLA Jan 21, 2022, $1,000 calls I sold. I sold those as hedge for my TSLA shares. The sold calls served its purpose, and I don't want to get too greedy and keep betting to the downside. I'm not buying back $1,400 calls I sold as I think those will ultimately expire worthless next year. But $1,000 is definitely possibility later this year.

And I sold pile of March 19, TSLA $600 and $500 CSP. I want to add to my TSLA position so I'm not scared.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
This is why cash is not trash. If you have pile of cash as position, you can put some of it to work on ugly day like today. While others are panicking, you stay calm and keep cool head because you have money you can use.

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Seems like all the money is going to bank stocks, at least here in Canada. I'm up 5% the past few trading days. BNS has been killing it for me since I bought them last summer.

Bought more AQN today, they dipped due to that Texas situation but that's a blip.

My top two positions currently are BNS and AQN aside from ETF.

Might get into more Microsoft if things start to really sink more.

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
ooooffff. im getting beaten down today. tilray... damn. i was in at 22. took out my principal over 50 luckily, so all my shares are basically free at this point. same with OGI, was in at 1.80 so still doing well. wondering if i should lower my next buy in for apha below 15.... ?

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
Started the day off with my portfolio down 6%. Now I'm trading even and pushing to green. Won't be surprised if I end the day down 6% or up 6%.

njdevilsfan87

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2007
It's interesting how the longer term options ignore these movements. I was trying to get some good deals on selling some OTM puts this morning with no bidders.

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
It's interesting how the longer term options ignore these movements. I was trying to get some good deals on selling some OTM puts this morning with no bidders.

I ocudn't get anyone to bite on anything either but I wasn't trying that hard. I was mostly scurrying around trying to avoid potential problems. It cost me almost 15 fricking grand to buy back my FUBO 30 puts. I'm not taking on $60,000 worth of FUBO right now. No way.

Luckily the FUBO options market is still hot so I was able to turn around and sell 25s down the road for a little over $13,000. So I only lost a little less than 2 grand on that deal.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
ooooffff. im getting beaten down today. tilray... damn. i was in at 22. took out my principal over 50 luckily, so all my shares are basically free at this point. same with OGI, was in at 1.80 so still doing well. wondering if i should lower my next buy in for apha below 15.... ?

Yup, Tilray cost me $1600. :(

Sold.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
In other news..my paper gain on SINO of $2800 turned into paper loss of $6500 today. At least I have $9k in realized gains on it so far.

Now I'm an "investor". :eek:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: IEC

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Some airline stocks going up lol. United, Southwest.

Zebra and Ulta, which had piqued my interest and I have a mere handful of shares, also weathering the storm.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Some airline stocks going up lol. United, Southwest.

Zebra and Ulta, which had piqued my interest and I have a mere handful of shares, also weathering the storm.

Lots of comparisons have been drawn between The Roaring 2020s and the Year 2000 crash.

I think we are in a natural correction at this point in overheated sectors, assets and names. I don't think this is the start of something bigger... yet.

Besides the market didn't really start to fall apart until April 2000, and it didn't have trillions of inflationary dollars backing it.

Back then the Fed was heartless and MEAN, like it was always meant to be. It would jack up rates 1.25% with no warning and tell the market to go f itself.

Now it's a blind, toothless animal with lots of bark and always afraid to bite.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
everyone: I want to buy TSLA but it's so high. When should I buy it?
me: If there is correction, buy it and never sell. TSLA is going to change the world and worth lot more in the future.

today: TSLA dropped over 30% from the high. People who were so eager to buy TSLA are no where to be found. They're scared. They want to buy when it's high yet don't want to buy when it's low. Funny how that works.

• Haha
Reactions: herm0016