Discussion ***Official*** 2021 Stock Market Thread

Page 42 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
jesus folks...it was a dumb joke, terribly planned. lol.

You want to know something really funny? I bought a whole bunch of long term puts on Palantir today. I noticed lots of willing sellers so I jumped in and bought a boatload! **

giphy.gif

** Hopefully this made someone laugh, because I did not actually buy any.

manlymatt83

Lifer
Oct 14, 2005
I decided to exit PSLDX today and enter the HFEA. Trading up 2x leverage for 3x leverage on a balanced portfolio. It’s only in my play account though, which I don’t intend to add any more money to ever, hence the 3x change.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
I looked at Disney's results. Did you know that the average revenue Disney is actually getting per paying subscriber of D+ is only about 4 bucks a month? Disney+ may not end up being that profitable given the massive costs of creating content, but it's going to be so worth it for Disney to push it if people are going to treat it like a Tech Stock.

manlymatt83

Lifer
Oct 14, 2005
I looked at Disney's results. Did you know that the average revenue Disney is actually getting per paying subscriber of D+ is only about 4 bucks a month? Disney+ may not end up being that profitable given the massive costs of creating content, but it's going to be so worth it for Disney to push it if people are going to treat it like a Tech Stock.

Agreed! I think good ol’ Disney is positioning itself to be valued differently moving forward, while having the cushion of their traditional revenue sources. I think that’ll bode well for them long term.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Before it went live, they offered a deal to Disney club members (free to join) the opportunity to buy 3yrs worth of subscription for $120 (~$3.25/mo). I know myself and a lot of other friends with kids took advantage of that one.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
I bought small starter position in Bumble today. Been watching the price action the past couple of days looking to buy in. Bumble is kind of expensive but growing pretty fast and cheaper than Match which is valued at $43 billion. 60% of Match revenues comes from Tinder. And according to this Sept 2019 stat, Bumble had 5 million app users compared to little under 8 million for Tinder.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/826778/most-popular-dating-apps-by-audience-size-usa/

Reactions: manlymatt83

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
I'm starting to feel overexposed to FUBO. I think on Monday I'm going to buy back half of my $30 March puts (they're up like $50 lol) and sell some Aug $20 puts to replace them. It looks like I'll get the same price.

I don't think I mind waiting an extra few months for the added security.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Okay, heres my next stab at what GameStop is going to do. They have all these stores sitting around doing nothing, so I thought - what about fitness?

Introducing GameShape! Where gamers come in to get into shape!

They will gut the stores, put in fitness equipment and allow people to come in and jump on a Peloton, etc. They can also sell all those stupid "As Seen on TV" fitness products you see advertised, so there will still be a retail element. They can even have bars that sell energy drinks, protein shakes and vitamin waters.

To the moon!!

(I have no shares).

• Haha
Reactions: Torn Mind

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Okay, heres my next stab at what GameStop is going to do. They have all these stores sitting around doing nothing, so I thought - what about fitness?

They will gut the stores, put in fitness equipment and allow people to come in and jump on a Peloton, etc. They can also sell all those stupid "As Seen on TV" fitness products you see advertised, so there will still be a retail element. They can even have bars that sell energy drinks, protein shakes and vitamin waters.

To the moon!!

(I have no shares).
Covid-19 mutation 1337 enters the chat.

"Ya missed me? This is my final form and my power level is 1 million"

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
^^^^ Gamers + "in shape" = do not compute/404 not found.

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca

To the moon!!

(I have no shares).

They could convert into a movie studio, since that's legal right now, and when you go in you are auditioning as a character that is always at the gym and also likes to game. It would be a gym setup where you work out and play video games at same time! There's actually a hair salon that did that, they converted to a movie studio, and when you go for your "haircut" it's actually an audition for a movie. They have cameras, lights, and everything.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Covid-19 mutation 1337 enters the chat.

"Ya missed me? This is my final form and my power level is 1 million"

Didnt we cure that already? ;)

^^^^ Gamers + "in shape" = do no compute/404 not found.

Which makes it so ironic.

They could convert into a movie studio, since that's legal right now, and when you go in you are auditioning as a character that is always at the gym and also likes to game. It would be a gym setup where you work out and play video games at same time! There's actually a hair salon that did that, they converted to a movie studio, and when you go for your "haircut" it's actually an audition for a movie. They have cameras, lights, and everything.

Thats not a bad idea - but what about this one - merge GME & AMC and now you can have mini theatres and workout centers nationwide!

manlymatt83

Lifer
Oct 14, 2005
I'm starting to feel overexposed to FUBO. I think on Monday I'm going to buy back half of my $30 March puts (they're up like $50 lol) and sell some Aug $20 puts to replace them. It looks like I'll get the same price.

I don't think I mind waiting an extra few months for the added security.

In this case you could try to just roll it for a $0 credit and keep it in one transaction.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Anyone still in GBTC or MSTR?

I watch those as a proxy for cryptos. I was trading SINO the last two weeks. They are sketchy Chinese /American shipping company getting into bitcoin mining. I had to buy and sell it back and forth to make money since it was so volatile.

Last edited:

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
In this case you could try to just roll it for a $0 credit and keep it in one transaction.

Buy back the May puts (I mistyped, they're not March) and sell Aug all in one transaction? How do I do that?

The situation is:

FUBO sits at 43.20 as of now.

I sold 20 contracts for May at $30. Very lucrative. Fubo EC is March 2nd. If they shit the bed the stock could definitely crater. It's not a certainty, because Fubo is seen as a long play. Hedge funds have been adding to their positions. The hysterics say "FUBO WILL BE AS BIG AS NETFLIX". Last I checked I could sell 15 $20 contacts for Aug and make basically the same money I made selling 10 $30 contacts for May.

I think the GME saga helps FUBO. People are much more wary about shorting stocks the WSB crowd is watching, and I believe FUBO is one of those.

manlymatt83

Lifer
Oct 14, 2005
Buy back the May puts (I mistyped, they're not March) and sell Aug all in one transaction? How do I do that?

The situation is:

FUBO sits at 43.20 as of now.

I sold 20 contracts for May at $30. Very lucrative. Fubo EC is March 2nd. If they shit the bed the stock could definitely crater. It's not a certainty, because Fubo is seen as a long play. Hedge funds have been adding to their positions. The hysterics say "FUBO WILL BE AS BIG AS NETFLIX". Last I checked I could sell 15 $20 contacts for Aug and make basically the same money I made selling 10 $30 contacts for May.

I think the GME saga helps FUBO. People are much more wary about shorting stocks the WSB crowd is watching, and I believe FUBO is one of those.

You can do a multi-leg transaction, often used for buying or selling spreads, strangles, and other more complicated trades.

On one leg, you would BTC (buy to close) the current puts May you are short, and you would STO (sell to open) the August puts. When it asks for a price, you’d say $0 or something close to it (though you should definitely take the net price your broker suggests as a starting point). Make sure you choose credit so you are a net seller (IE: receiving money) vs the other way around (debit / paying money)

I am not an expert, this is not advice, etc., etc., so please do your own due diligence etc. :) but I regularly use this strategy to roll calls and puts I sell.

c3aeb91a65ce1ef45b1c5096e97f5274.jpg

Reactions: dasherHampton