Discussion ***Official*** 2020 Stock Market Thread

Page 77 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Last day to place Tesla order with full self driving software today -- FSD goes up by $1000 tomorrow or 1 share of TSLA.
I already locked in FSD for my Cybertruck order. Can't wait til 2021/2022 when I get my Cybertruck Tri-motor!

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Tesla as a company is worth more than Exxon per Bloomberg.
This might be the quarter when TSLA joins the S&P 500 index. If TSLA can eke out even $1 profit this quarter, S&P committee will select TSLA to join the index. That's going to be major firework and fun to watch as all the S&P 500 tracking funds have to buy TSLA shares.

Reactions: Charmonium

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Norwegian Air is cancelling order from Boeing (97 jets for about $10.6 billion USD). Airbus is expecting to lose about 40% of production for the next year or two because of lower demand and will cut about 15,000 jobs.

Last edited:

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I keep seeing a future.......QQQs may see $298 by year end. Todays high was $248 as of 6/30/20.

Sadly, this bull refuses to die. And its the governments fault. :)

Last edited:

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Tesla Q2 vehicle production and delivery report out this morning. 82,272 vehicles produced and 90,650 vehicles delivered. Based on those numbers, I'm fairly confident Tesla will report profit for Q2 earnings later this month. And when they do, I expect S&P committee to quickly add TSLA to the S&P 500 index. Maybe in August. Based on some rough numbers, S&P tracking funds will need to buy around 25 million shares of TSLA. TSLA only has around 185 million shares outstanding. Musk owns around 20% or so. Big institutional investors own another 50%. That only leaves around 30% of the shares for retail and others. Many of the TSLA retail like myself are diehards and won't easily give up their shares for cheap. It will be very interesting to see the mad scramble to purchase TSLA shares this month and next as everyone tries to front run and dump their shares to S&P index funds. TSLA shares up around $250 since Monday because everyone was front-running this production and delivery report numbers. Yet, TSLA didn't sell off after the report was released this morning. So no sell on the news even after the massive run. Extremely bullish. Big money thinks TSLA is headed lot higher.

If you like fireworks, TSLA show is just getting started. Q2 earnings run now coming up and then S&P 500 index addition. Congrats to all TSLA shareholders and believers. We've taken lot of shit from clueless people and haters over the years. But people are slowly converting.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I said Tesla might see 2 or 3 thousand this year. Everyone wants to pile into the same stock these days. Go search this thread.

Im just waiting for Elon to throw a temper tantrum like he always does and say the stock is overvalued.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
I said Tesla might see 2 or 3 thousand this year. Everyone wants to pile into the same stock these days. Go search this thread.

Im just waiting for Elon to throw a temper tantrum like he always does and say the stock is overvalued.
You've been saying TSLA was overvalued from the mid $200. You're one of those clueless people who don't know how to value stock.

I told everyone TSLA was the next Apple and Amazon. I said don't look back in couple years and cry about missing it. TSLA market cap is still only barely over $200 billion. TSLA will hit $1 trillion before 2030. I said it many times. That's still 5x your money from the current level.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
It is overvalued. But that does not mean it cant become more overvalued. Shorts arent making a dime these days thanks to excessive government intervention and 20-30 sometimes chasing momentum like they did back in the year 2000.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
And another thing... Elon is jealous of Nickola and Nio. Its okay to criticize a technology like hydrogen fuel cells but to outright sht on a company because a competitor stock is rocketing is low class.

He needs to put down the bong and stay focused on running the company.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
And another thing... Elon is jealous of Nickola and Nio. Its okay to criticize a technology like hydrogen fuel cells but to outright sht on a company because a competitor stock is rocketing is low class.

He needs to put down the bong and stay focused on running the company.
See, this is why you're so clueless and don't know how to value stock. NKLA is total fraud. Trevor Milton is actually worse than Elizabeth Holmes and Nikola the company is total fraud. NKLA is the next Theranos.

Elon has nothing to prove. Elon is proven winner. Milton is a loser who's smart enough to con his way to taking his worthless company public and stealing people's money. NKLA will go to $0 in the next 10 years. I'm 100% sure the fraud won't last that long.

I'm more neutral on NIO. I was really bearish on them and thought they would go bankrupt. But now, I think they have a shot since they got some lifeline money from the Chinese government. I'm still not going to invest my money in NIO but rising tide lifts all boats and they can rise with TSLA. TSLA is going to become a monster in couple years as they continue to grow 50% YOY for the next 10 years.

I posted this chart of Amazon on another thread about Elon and Tesla. Here's link to my post in that thread.
https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...elony-yesterday.2552338/page-14#post-40053717

This chart is why I knew TSLA was super undervalued. I forecasted out TSLA future earnings and matched it with Amazon from 2015-2019.

g3FdLh5h.jpg

Not only is TSLA growing faster than Amazon ever did, but in the next 10 years, TSLA sales will be greater than Apple and Tesla will make more money than Apple or Amazon. Wait until Tesla start selling >20 million cars a year in 2030 with FSD.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001

20yr old commits suicide because he thought he lost $750k in options.
he actually had $16k in his acct. :eek:

how the hell can you be down $750k in options when you dont have much $ in your acct?!
arent there equivalent of Margin Calls in the options world?

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I dont believe anyone more than rich groupies will ever want a car that that runs on batteries. Call me a Luddite but dont call me clueless. Its common sense, so I dont buy any of these stocks.

Its fascinating that you have already passed judgement on Nickola to the point you expect it to be the next Luckin Coffee. Tesla set the bar for selling things they did not even have. If Nickola can deliver hydrogen powered semis to big business more power to them. Elon can use the competition. Are they a fraud? Hell if I know. If I see blood in the water, I might look at some cheap puts.

But I do agree with your argument that Tesla is a richly valued growth story. And they may sell enough cars and trucks to enough people to justify a $2-3k stock price.

I may have to hold my nose and buy one share for the fun of it. The $900 range might make a nice entry point. ;)

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000

20yr old commits suicide because he thought he lost $750k in options.
he actually had $16k in his acct. :eek:

how the hell can you be down $750k in options when you dont have much $ in your acct?!
arent there equivalent of Margin Calls in the options world?

Option spreads.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Tesla is worth more than Toyota and other well know companies?

I do like Elon a lot. I want the US to have more legal immigrants like him but I will wait and see a bit more.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
LOL. I fucking love Elon! This is why I can't stay mad at him for tweeting stupid stuff even though I lost over $80k in my trading account back in end of May when he tweeted "Tesla stock price is too high." during Friday option expiration day and caused TSLA stock to drop close to $100 in an instant. I was so mad at him I sold all my TSLA trading shares and options the next trading day locking in over $80,000 loss. I have since bought back some of those trading shares at much higher prices and easily made back that loss and much more. With Elon, you get the good and bad with him on Twitter.

He tweeted this gem yesterday. "SEC, three letter acronym, middle word is Elon’s"

"Tesla will make fabulous short shorts in radiant red satin with gold trim"

Elon continued to tweet. "Will send some to the Shortseller Enrichment Commission to comfort them through these difficult times"

"Who wears short shorts?"

Which someone replied to Elon with this picture,
Eb8XfDpUcAAYd4X

And Elon replied back,
"Not bad"

This why WSB on Reddit loves Elon and worships him. It's also why I also love him and have no problem betting my family's life savings on him and Tesla. Elon is a legend and don't give a fuck what you think. Nobody has the balls or is crazy enough to taunt and go after SEC and shortsellers like him. But at the same time, Elon takes no bullshit and always delivers. He might be little late on his super aggressive schedule but Elon eventually delivers.

Never change Elon! Never change.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Tesla is worth more than Toyota and other well know companies?

I do like Elon a lot. I want the US to have more legal immigrants like him but I will wait and see a bit more.
Yep. Just like Apple is worth more than Nokia and Amazon is worth more than Barnes and Noble and Netflix is worth more than Blockbuster Videos, Tesla is now worth more than Toyota and all other automakers. Who would've guessed the stock market is forward looking?

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Nio is absurdly valued compared to Tesla. Gee, I hope they are not the next Luckin Coffee. :eek:

It would be a shame to see Nio crash.

Last edited: