**Official 2018-19 'Struck by the Beckham Bus' NFL Week 6 Thread**

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
You get the fuck out of here. They consistently call more favorably for the Pats. Even non-shithead Pats fans even admit that.

Show them then. They were calling penalties on the Chiefs (which absolutely were penalties) plenty. Did you even fucking look at what I posted? The Pats defender literally was wrapped around Kelce, its blatant clear holding and they ignored it. They called less blatant calls on the Chiefs (which they were often definitely penalties, but there's a big disparity in how they called each team).

What the fuck are you talking about? Just wow, seriously what the fuck can you read you moron? He threw a beer in the Chief's players face, I didn't say he stole anything, that was apparently other shitty Pats fans that stole someone else's radio equipment you dumbshit. But hey, why bother using your brain when you can just be a fucking dumbass instead?

Yeah, bullshit. They were not "letting them play" because they were calling it on the Chiefs (which I'm not claiming they weren't committing penalties, just that is obvious they were ignoring blatant ones by the Pats). Go and fucking look at the first link I posted. Tell me they were "just letting them play". That's about as blatant of a defensive holding penalty as you'll ever see.

I often call people out for getting pissed at the refs and I even said that if Andy had been more aggressive or the Chiefs player wrapped up Brady instead of letting him run it, that the Chiefs would've likely won the game, so its not like I'm saying they only lost because of the refs. But it makes it a hell of a lot easier to win if you get that favorable of penalty calls. Its not like they weren't committing them, they just weren't being called, and there's multiple times where the refs went out of their way to screw the calls. On the OPI call that got offset, Collinsworth even said "I guess the refs felt that was a hold" like he didn't see how it could've been a hold when they replayed it to see how they called holding on the Chiefs to offset the Pats flag.

Also, go look at the punt return where they picked up the flag. It was blatant holding too. They threw a flag for the Chiefs player hitting the returner though. They even fucking reviewed it - or at least they stopped while they reviewed video not sure if that counts a review in the typical sense. And it somewhat benefit the Chiefs since it got rid of the penalty against them, but with how blatant it was that the Pats blocker held the guy, I can't even fathom why they flagged the Chiefs in the first place. He literally dragged him by the jersey into the return guy.

Again, holding goes on in almost any NFL play if the fans wan't to load a game up and click through it frame by frame you will probably find some from any team. Suggesting NFL officials were 'in the bag" for the Pats is laughable, shit, in last years SB they had TWO controversial TD calls go against them yet I've never heard any Pat fan claim the Ref's cost them the game. KC played well, but a young QB made a few rookie mistakes that factored into the outcome, no biggie, his talent is quite obvious and KC will be fine. If they didn't wind up scoring on their last possession the Pats would not have had time to drive down for the winning FG. Brady said he wanted Hill to make it to the EZ once he caught it, he realized they would wind up scoring either way and wanted the time left on the clock.

woodman1999

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2003
I feel like I may have struck a bit of a nerve there. I really don't think it's as lopsided as you do, but I wouldn't even know where to start to find specific clips to prove my point. I am just tired of all the complaining other fans do about how the refs favor the Pats. Yes, Brady gets some pretty odd roughing the passer calls, but so does every other QB in this league. As for the holding calls on receivers, there are holds on every play and if you argue that, then you must be watching a different game. On the punt, they were both engaged with each other. It was good they picked up the flag for that.

For the stealing stuff, you did reference something about stealing in your post, which is why I mentioned it. Not sure what the fan could have stolen off of Hill at that point. As far as the punishment, I think he got what he deserved. Nothing ever happened to the guy who poured hot coffee on David Andrews in Pittsburgh, so at least it's some sort of progress to punish this guy.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
You get the fuck out of here. They consistently call more favorably for the Pats. Even non-shithead Pats fans even admit that.

Show them then. They were calling penalties on the Chiefs (which absolutely were penalties) plenty. Did you even fucking look at what I posted? The Pats defender literally was wrapped around Kelce, its blatant clear holding and they ignored it. They called less blatant calls on the Chiefs (which they were often definitely penalties, but there's a big disparity in how they called each team).

What the fuck are you talking about? Just wow, seriously what the fuck can you read you moron? He threw a beer in the Chief's players face, I didn't say he stole anything, that was apparently other shitty Pats fans that stole someone else's radio equipment you dumbshit. But hey, why bother using your brain when you can just be a fucking dumbass instead?

Yeah, bullshit. They were not "letting them play" because they were calling it on the Chiefs (which I'm not claiming they weren't committing penalties, just that is obvious they were ignoring blatant ones by the Pats). Go and fucking look at the first link I posted. Tell me they were "just letting them play". That's about as blatant of a defensive holding penalty as you'll ever see.

I often call people out for getting pissed at the refs and I even said that if Andy had been more aggressive or the Chiefs player wrapped up Brady instead of letting him run it, that the Chiefs would've likely won the game, so its not like I'm saying they only lost because of the refs. But it makes it a hell of a lot easier to win if you get that favorable of penalty calls. Its not like they weren't committing them, they just weren't being called, and there's multiple times where the refs went out of their way to screw the calls. On the OPI call that got offset, Collinsworth even said "I guess the refs felt that was a hold" like he didn't see how it could've been a hold when they replayed it to see how they called holding on the Chiefs to offset the Pats flag.

Also, go look at the punt return where they picked up the flag. It was blatant holding too. They threw a flag for the Chiefs player hitting the returner though. They even fucking reviewed it - or at least they stopped while they reviewed video not sure if that counts a review in the typical sense. And it somewhat benefit the Chiefs since it got rid of the penalty against them, but with how blatant it was that the Pats blocker held the guy, I can't even fathom why they flagged the Chiefs in the first place. He literally dragged him by the jersey into the return guy.

dude, it's just a sportsing game....and one that probably won't exist about 15 years from now, in any meaningful way.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
The Niners played so well last night that I turned the game off in the middle of the 3rd quarter (Packers fan). Fortunately I turned the game back on with 5:33 left on the clock. Extremely shocked with the outcome.
You don't sound like much of a fan if you turn games off in the middle of a game when you have Rodgers at QB.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
LOL @ blaming the Chiefs loss on the refs. Yeah, because it's the refs fault the Chiefs defense let the Packers score 43 points. It's also the refs fault they let the Chiefs score 40 points.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Again, holding goes on in almost any NFL play if the fans wan't to load a game up and click through it frame by frame you will probably find some from any team. Suggesting NFL officials were 'in the bag" for the Pats is laughable, shit, in last years SB they had TWO controversial TD calls go against them yet I've never heard any Pat fan claim the Ref's cost them the game. KC played well, but a young QB made a few rookie mistakes that factored into the outcome, no biggie, his talent is quite obvious and KC will be fine. If they didn't wind up scoring on their last possession the Pats would not have had time to drive down for the winning FG. Brady said he wanted Hill to make it to the EZ once he caught it, he realized they would wind up scoring either way and wanted the time left on the clock.
Ryan Kerrigan gets held pretty much every drive, and it's always right in front of the ref, with his arms up and being choke held, and the refs never blow the whistle. You gotta just deal with that shit.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Ryan Kerrigan gets held pretty much every drive, and it's always right in front of the ref, with his arms up and being choke held, and the refs never blow the whistle. You gotta just deal with that shit.
You should look closely at Packer games, they get away with a metric f*7kload of holding calls, doubly so when the game is on the line and Aaron has the ball.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
You should look closely at Packer games, they get away with a metric f*7kload of holding calls, doubly so when the game is on the line and Aaron has the ball.

The league isn't stupid, they won't call that penalty for the same reason the NBA would never call travelling on Michael Jordan. Penalty calls don't wind up on TV newscasts or posters.

Reactions: KMFJD