**Official 2018-19 NFL Post Season Thread Part Deux: The Divisionals!**

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 11, 2008
Much as I hate them, the Saints are awesome. They made the plays on both offense and defense when they had to in the second half. Hope the Rams can beat them, but I would say the Saints are the clear favorites. As for the Patriots and Chiefs, I think the difference comes down to home field, thus the Chiefs will probably win. That freak play at the end of the Miami game is coming back to haunt the pats.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I didn't watch the game, but I'm assuming the Saints did what they usually always do - forget how to play football then slowly figure it out and have to fight back to barely win. I don't think that will work against the Rams and certainly won't work against whichever AFC team goes to the Super Bowl.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Yep. Exactly what happened. The Saints are are great team they just forget it until halfway through the game.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
I didn't watch the game, but I'm assuming the Saints did what they usually always do - forget how to play football then slowly figure it out and have to fight back to barely win. I don't think that will work against the Rams and certainly won't work against whichever AFC team goes to the Super Bowl.

Philly came out fired up but New Orleans made adjustments after the first quarter...during the 3rd and 4th quarters, they should several stats that showed Philly didn't do much after the 1st quarter...the momentum of the game shifted when NO faked a punt when the ball was on their own 30 yard line. They drove down the field and on 4th and goal, they went for it instead of kicking a FG and they got a touch down...

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Much as I hate them, the Saints are awesome. They made the plays on both offense and defense when they had to in the second half. Hope the Rams can beat them, but I would say the Saints are the clear favorites. As for the Patriots and Chiefs, I think the difference comes down to home field, thus the Chiefs will probably win. That freak play at the end of the Miami game is coming back to haunt the pats.
Yup, it is, if anyone has to face that kind of dynamic offense like KC has you damm sure want home field to make communication, snap count as difficult as possible. Arrowhead was loud as hell today and surely will be louder next Sunday and like the Pats KC's defense is much better playing at home.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
That's the thing. They have had "the better team" for like the entire time Rivers has been there (every year "the Chargers are the most complete team" seems like gets said) and yet he's 0-7 against Brady and often do little to nothing in the playoffs (when they don't miss the playoffs because they stalled out of the gate). I don't know that Rivers is playing that much better than Brady either (pretty similar TD/INT and Brady threw for more yards - granted he threw quite a bit more and had lower completion percentage and more fumbles which is why he is like 8 points lower in QBRating). Pats ran better and average more points per game too.

People are sleeping hard on the Pats and Brady. I don't know what to do but laugh. A "down" year for Brady and he's not far from "if it wasn't for Mahomes, Luck and Rivers would be serious MVP candidates", but people act like well its clear Brady is in decline and Pats reign is over. That's not a knock on Luck or Rivers, but Brady has not been playing bad (maybe he's had a bad game or two this year, I didn't pay attention to every game).

Well, you were right. But I wasn't "sleeping" on the Pats, either... I picked whom I thought was the better team. That's what people do.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
One down one to go.

Dak sucks ass as expected. Dude can't do shit but hit wide open receivers. Glad Zeke got like 2.3 yds per carry and we didn't have to see him do that stupid fucking "keep feeding me" shit all game. Eat a dick instead.

It made my day, actually. Yeah, I can't stand Zeke either.

Reactions: purbeast0