OFFICIAL 2012 NFL week 15 thread

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
It is the same reason that no one believes in the Falcons -- past performance. The Giants have played like total shit late in the season in both of their recent SB win seasons and until they prove otherwise, I won't count them out because if you do, they surprise you.

Giants had the shitty Cowboys twice in the last four games last season, along with shitty Redskins and shitty Jets. I'm not sure winning 3/4 of them is impressive.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Giants do look like a joke though. Kind of like Kansas City usually looks.

Yeah that's what I'm saying, I never expected that. Look at their last season, they never were this horrendous, not in any single game even. And the blame is on all sides, from coaching to QB to special teams. It's not even that the Falcons look that great, the Giants just look like utter garbage. Who knows, maybe they'll reset.

If the game didn't mean anything, I could dismiss it more easily. Their remaining schedule doesn't give them any breathing room really. The Ravens and Eagles are also unpredictable and can play spoiler easily.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Well, if by some idiotic miracle the NYG makes it to the SB, they're going to be absolutely murdered by either the Broncos, Texans, or Patriots. I don't think they'll make it there though. I'm pulling for the Broncs this year.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Well, if by some idiotic miracle the NYG makes it to the SB, they're going to be absolutely murdered by either the Broncos, Texans, or Patriots. I don't think they'll make it there though. I'm pulling for the Broncs this year.

You can cross the Texans off that list and regarding the Pats -- well, that's what they said in Super Bowl 42.

The Texans are EXTREMELY lucky they're ahead in this game. Colts mistakes will cost them this game.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004

Hell ya, I agree with you on all facets and namely the last sentence.

Welcome to my new BFF club :D

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
You can cross the Texans off that list and regarding the Pats -- well, that's what they said in Super Bowl 42.

The Texans are EXTREMELY lucky they're ahead in this game. Colts mistakes will cost them this game.

GO BRONCOS!

You need to be rooting for PFM any way ICF, lets get 'er done

Nov 3, 2004

Eli would shred that Texans secondary.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006

I dunno, do the Texans really have much of anything on the line in this game? They're already well in the playoffs already right? More important to coast and minimize injuries, and look ahead to the extremely touch AFC playoff picture, which they probably won't make it too far in anyway.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
This is the first time the Giants have been held scoreless for the first 3 qtrs. of a game since 2009.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
The Giants haven't lost a game against ATL in ATL since 1978 (lol announcer just said this).

And that changes today. I don't see NY coming back from 34 down with 5 min left in the 4th quarter.

This is a different Falcons team this year. I'm hoping they finally get back to the SB. Gonzalez deserves it if nothing else.