OFFICIAL 2012 NFL week 15 thread

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
Looks like the Falcons are mad at all of us making fun of them and are piling it on! No matter -- they'll still lose in the playoffs.

The only thing the first round bye will secure for Ryan is a guaranteed 2nd round exit instead of first. Lol

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
True, looks like the script has flipped. I don't think I've ever seen ATL this decent, and NY has definitely declined.

Actually ATL always looks this good in the regular season and the Giants looked this bad last year at this time too. They will still make the playoffs and play their beat when it matters most.

They were 9-7 last year and played every game away and atlanta had home field as usual.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
I think it is going to be Packers and Patriots in the SB. The Falcons and Texans will both get bounced fast.

I dont believe in the packers this year. I am anxious to see the pats vs sfran today as that could be a superbowl preview. We'll see a lot from both those teams i think.

Im not giving up on my broncos either

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Who is going to beat them in the 2nd round? The NFC looks like shit this year.

I'l agree that the NFC has faded fast from what looked like a dominant position earlier this year. That said, I think any of the NFC playoff field can beat the Falcons and they're dead if they have to play the Giants again.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
Who is going to beat them in the 2nd round? The NFC looks like shit this year.

Packers san fran Chicago. Giants? Basically whoever they play. Im sorry but until they prove otherwise the falcons blow in playoff games. Some people just cant get it done.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
I'l agree that the NFC has faded fast from what looked like a dominant position earlier this year. That said, I think any of the NFC playoff field can beat the Falcons and they're dead if they have to play the Giants again.

Are you watching this game? NY has no reason to dump this game, they have Washington and the Cowboys right on their butts in the NFC East, if they don't bump it up, they may not even make the playoffs.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Are you watching this game? NY has no reason to dump this game, they have Washington and the Cowboys right on their butts in the NFC East, if they don't bump it up, they may not even make the playoffs.

I'm not getting that game, but this is typical NY Giants -- fade down the stretch, back into the playoffs, and then win the SB.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
I'm not getting that game, but this is typical NY Giants -- fade down the stretch, back into the playoffs, and then win the SB.

In a game that they can't really afford to lose, they are playing INSANELY horribly, from top to bottom. I'm not sure how anyone who is seeing this game can believe in this team. The coaching is horrible as well. They've gone for it 4th down THREE times and been shut down all three times. I mean they're really stinking it up.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
Woooooooo. Broncos pwning. Look at that throw. Woooooo.

This is the kind of statement my team needed. Convincing victory on the road Against a "playoff contender"

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
In a game that they can't really afford to lose, they are playing INSANELY horribly, from top to bottom. I'm not sure how anyone who is seeing this game can believe in this team. The coaching is horrible as well. They've gone for it 4th down THREE times and been shut down all three times. I mean they're really stinking it up.

True enough but you have a short memory. They were doing this EXACT thing last year barely making the playoffs in the final weeks

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007

It is the same reason that no one believes in the Falcons -- past performance. The Giants have played like total shit late in the season in both of their recent SB win seasons and until they prove otherwise, I won't count them out because if you do, they surprise you.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
True enough but you have a short memory. They were doing this EXACT thing last year barely making the playoffs in the final weeks

I remember, but I consider that a fluke more than anything, along with heroics from the lesser Manning. Eli is no Peyton, not even with considerable luck. I'd be shocked if the Giants can withstand the superior AFC at all.

Nov 3, 2004

no one is going to be fooled until they're actually eliminated