OFFICIAL 2012 NFL week 15 thread

Page 22 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I've got to disagree about the Ravens offensive line. Matt Birk is showing his age, Michael Oher sucks at LT and Bryant McKinnie is a lazy fat ass. Marshal Yanda was a good pick up but of course he went off & broke his ankle. Look at how beat to shit Joe Flacco was after the game against the Broncos.

Sorry I'm used to watching Bears games. A couple lawn chairs would provide more protection than Cutlers O-Line.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...chez-new-york-jets-benched-greg-mcelroy-start

Jets bench Sanchez

Rex Ryan has seen enough of Mark Sanchez.

The New York Jets coach made the dramatic but expected decision Tuesday, benching the only starting quarterback he's had in four years. Ryan will give Greg McElroy his first career start Sunday at home against the San Diego Chargers

Ryan is expected to address the media at 4:45 p.m. ET.

The decision is a stunning blow to Tim Tebow, the No. 2 quarterback. The organization is concerned about the potential fallout from passing over one of the most popular players in the league, and Ryan may try to find a way to incorporate Tebow into the game plan, a source said.

what? so early in the season??

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
wasn't there a coin toss to determine wildcard order within last couple of years?

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
at least alex smith can scramble like Aaron rodgers, but not flacco; maybe Jim H will trade Alex smith to the ravens since John is his brother;

i don't think the 49ers trade Alex to the cards thought.

The only way Alex Smith goes to the Cards is if he gets cut.. which could very well happen since he's due a $7-8million roster bonus early on.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
wasn't there a coin toss to determine wildcard order within last couple of years?

No. There was a coin toss for draft order amongst ties/new teams entering the NFL before.

No schedule "strength" will rarly if ever be the same.

Along with the odds of 2 teams scoring teh same exact amount of points throughout a season. On top of the basic same record, same record in the conference and so on.

And thus it has never ever happened yet for playoff seeds.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
what happens if the vagiants and the redskins win the rest of their games and have the same record? they have both beaten each other this season. does it go with who has the better division record?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
what happens if the vagiants and the redskins win the rest of their games and have the same record? they have both beaten each other this season. does it go with who has the better division record?
Post 495 has your tie breaker info, but yes.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
100% sure.

Steve Young is probably another bad example -- he would've been a high NFL draft pick but teams stayed away from him due to his USFL commitment. Tampa was smart to use a supplemental pick on him, which was pretty low risk.

Warner is probably the best example possible though.

Warner is a good example.

as for Favre--also consider that he was a Josh Hamilton character for his first season or so in Atlanta. Dude was yucking it up and basically "playing redneck," possibly on his way to jail a few times considering his antics, before being traded away. IIRC, he was largely considered a burden by Atlanta, who was happy to send him away, and most considered them to be getting a steal in that deal.

...oh well.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Warner is a good example.

as for Favre--also consider that he was a Josh Hamilton character for his first season or so in Atlanta. Dude was yucking it up and basically "playing redneck," possibly on his way to jail a few times considering his antics, before being traded away. IIRC, he was largely considered a burden by Atlanta, who was happy to send him away, and most considered them to be getting a steal in that deal.

...oh well.

If I remember correctly (I could be mistaken), that reputation was what cost Favre being selected in the first round.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Kurt Warner is one of the best stories from nothing to a QB with some NFL records, and 2 Super bowl trips (1 win, 1 loss). Even helped the cardinals make it to their first ever superbowl. Something I was certain I would never see in my lifetime.

One correction -- don't forget, Kurt Warner played in 3 SBs and lost twice (he beat the Titans and lost to the Patriots and Steelers).

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
One correction -- don't forget, Kurt Warner played in 3 SBs and lost twice (he beat the Titans and lost to the Patriots and Steelers).

Very well could (should) have one those other 2 games, though. Patriots was a last second FG, correct? And then the awesome finish against the Steelers that would have given them the game if the Cards defense hadn't choked. ...or I think that's what happened.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Very well could (should) have one those other 2 games, though. Patriots was a last second FG, correct? And then the awesome finish against the Steelers that would have given them the game if the Cards defense hadn't choked. ...or I think that's what happened.

Yeah, Warner didn't lose those games and definitely did his part. For all the talk of the Patriots "shutting down" the Greatest Show on Turf, I believe the Rams had well over 400 yards of total offense and if their D held one more time, I think they would've won.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
i would be willing to bet that he will be a skin till his rookie contract is up

I'm waiting to see, and wonder if we'll see a couple of very different plays during the playoffs (provided the skins make the playoffs) that most teams have never seen.

With two outstanding quarterbacks, both of whom possess quite a bit of running speed, as a defense, what do you do when Cousins lines up under center, and RGIII is in the backfield?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yeah, Warner didn't lose those games and definitely did his part. For all the talk of the Patriots "shutting down" the Greatest Show on Turf, I believe the Rams had well over 400 yards of total offense and if their D held one more time, I think they would've won.

wtf? Did anyone ever say that? really? D:

:D

Nov 3, 2004
I'm waiting to see, and wonder if we'll see a couple of very different plays during the playoffs (provided the skins make the playoffs) that most teams have never seen.

With two outstanding quarterbacks, both of whom possess quite a bit of running speed, as a defense, what do you do when Cousins lines up under center, and RGIII is in the backfield?

I would assume you just treat Cousins as another RB...