OFFICIAL 2012 NFL week 15 thread

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
Denver at Baltimore 1:00 PM CBS

CK Flacco couldn't beat Charlie Batch in his own crib, what makes you think he can beat Peyton Flippin' Manning?

(CK stands for Coach killer)

They have lost 2 in a row which should have been 3 because of a lucky play by Ray Rice on a 4th and 29 or something otherwise they would have even lost to Phillis CryMeA

/Broncos fans are not worried

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
CK Flacco couldn't beat Charlie Batch in his own crib, what makes you think he can beat Peyton Flippin' Manning?

Flacco is inconsistent and plays very well some days. IMO the Broncos have the upper hand but if you act like it's certain that Flacco will play like crap you might be in for a very rude surprise.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
Flacco is inconsistent and plays very well some days. IMO the Broncos have the upper hand but if you act like it's certain that Flacco will play like crap you might be in for a very rude surprise.

Whats he gonna do? He just got his offensive coordinator fired, is he really going to be able to make so much happen in one week with a new guy writing new plays? Doubt it

/Not worried

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
flacco is an average at best qb in the nfl.

it's hilarious that they fired cam cameron when they are 9-4 and replaced him with someone who is just as bad as he is if not worse. stupid to replace coaches mid season imo.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
I think too many teams get to the playoffs in basketball (hockey as well). Having 16 out of the 30 teams in the post season is just plain dumb. I like the new MLB postseason changeup as of last year but they really need to cut down on some of their games and start the post season earlier.

Yea. I like how the NFL handles that too.

the 8 divison winners go, with 2 wildcards from each conference. However there is 1 change I would like to see with that is the divison winner should only be able to go if 0.500 or more.

Granted the 7-9 seahawks did take out teh saints in the playoffs with one of the most spectacular runs from marshawn lynch I have ever seen breaking 10 tackles for a 50+yard td.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
I think a division winner should still go regardless of their record. Otherwise they should just make it so the top 6 teams in the conference go to the playoffs since there would be no benefit of winning the division besides getting a home-field game.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
flacco is an average at best qb in the nfl.

it's hilarious that they fired cam cameron when they are 9-4 and replaced him with someone who is just as bad as he is if not worse. stupid to replace coaches mid season imo.

I don't think they fired Cameron because they expect any great offensive improvements for this season. The real issue is that Flacco's rookie contract is coming to an end after this season. The Ravens have to decide whether to franchise him, offer him a long term deal or let him walk, and seeing how he performs under a new OC is probably part of that.

Their real long-term plan at OC may be to try to get Norv Turner when he is inevitably fired from his current job.

American Gunner

Platinum Member
Aug 26, 2010
I think the division leaders should go to, but that the seeding should just be a result of your record. No more 10-6 or 11-5 teams going on the road to a 8-8 or 9-7 team just because they won their division.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004

The truth is this will be a really good litmus test for both teams. The Broncos are on a large winning streak but mostly against teams with a losing record. IT will be interesting to see how they react when traveling to the east coast and playing a division leader. Ray Lewis is back and even if he isn't 100%, the leadership he brings is second to none.

Will be a very good game I'm sure, although I hope the Broncos win it convincingly. I think it will tell a lot about each team when all is said and done.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
I predict the Broncos will win but it'll be a close call, possibly going into overtime. I suspect the Ravens' offense will perform well. They're at home and Flacco is usually pretty good when he's playing in Baltimore. Unfortunately the defense is too old & has had too many injuries. Ray Lewis may be one hell of a leader but he can't run from father time forever. Ngata has been banged up and hasn't been spectacular, and Suggs is coming back from his second injury. I suspect that defense will cost Baltimore the game, but if they can snag an early lead and use Ray Rice to burn up the clock you never know.

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
Denver @ Baltimore is clearly the game of the week. We aren't positioning ourselves on who we would play, we are going for the first round buy and home field advantage.

Also, MNF and TNF both suck.

The only way you're playing for a first round bye is if the Broncos end up with a better record than the Pats, which I'm not expecting given the schedules remaining.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
The only way you're playing for a first round bye is if the Broncos end up with a better record than the Pats, which I'm not expecting given the schedules remaining.

Pats could lose to SFran

That is more likely then Broncos losing to Baltimore, IMO

SFran is a much better team

Broncos then have Cleveland and Kansas City both at home.

NE has Jacksonville and Miami

So yea, its going to come down to this weekend. Because both teams will be winning their last two games.

Texans could also lose a couple, they have Luck twice, so don't discount them giving up one of those spots and the Broncos and NE filling the 2 byes.

The fact is, that is what we are playing for - your opinion on whether that is going to happen is irrelevant - that is what the team has as their goal.

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
Pats could lose to SFran

That is more likely then Broncos losing to Baltimore, IMO

SFran is a much better team

Broncos then have Cleveland and Kansas City both at home.

NE has Jacksonville and Miami

So yea, its going to come down to this weekend. Because both teams will be winning their last two games.

Texans could also lose a couple, they have Luck twice, so don't discount them giving up one of those spots and the Broncos and NE filling the 2 byes.

The fact is, that is what we are playing for - your opinion on whether that is going to happen is irrelevant - that is what the team has as their goal.

Even a broken clock is right once a day.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Steelers need to fire Todd Haley and their special teams coach ASAP. The running backs and receivers need to stop fumbling and dropping the ball. Ben can't do it all by himself. The offensive line is terrible, yet Haley insists on wasting 2 downs every time trying to run the ball when it's obvious it's not working.

lol it's always the OC fault in Pittsburgh

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Looks like another week of streaming a low-def Broncos game... bleh

For some reason I saw the first half of the season on the local stations around here and I got spoiled.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
262769_449186311806194_703063942_n.jpg

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Ugh, I sure hope this does not come true; 16 teams?? D:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8743130/nfl-discuss-expanding-playoff-field-roger-goodell-says

"Of course, something that we discussed in the past is expanded playoffs. That is something that we teed up (at the meeting Wednesday)," he said. "We will probably be looking at it with the committee over the next several months. Right now, we are at 12 teams, obviously. We will look at probably 14 or 16. The committee will be looking at that."

KT

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Everyone (but niners fans) should be rooting for a Seattle win @BUF and a Niners loss @NE.. sets up a sick Sunday Night game next week

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
Holy crap Andy Dalton puts the retarded redhead kid in the retarded redhead kid.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
As I'm pondering the wonders and mysteries of the Universe, Life and the cosmos, there's one mystery that leaves me completely flabbergasted. I just can't fathom how the Bengals have won the games that they did. I mean, can someone explain it to me?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
man Cin is trying to lose the game. a few fucking stupid flags.

Dalton is doing ok. considering his team is fucking stupid. the recievers can't catch and the O-line is worse then even teh bears.