OFFICIAL 2012 NFL week 11 thread

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Who was the guy the Dolphins cut in training camp? He was a pretty good experienced qb.

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Who was the guy the Dolphins cut in training camp? He was a pretty good experienced qb.

David Garrard but I believe he is still injured. I don't think there is any free agent QB out there that would be an upgrade to Leftwich or Batch

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
David Garrard but I believe he is still injured. I don't think there is any free agent QB out there that would be an upgrade to Leftwich or Batch

He's tan, rested and ready.
Brett Favre is coming back!
:whiste:

Jeffg010

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2008
The Steelers are going nowhere without Big Ben, does not matter which mediocre backup QB starts for them.

True that. Leftwich playing hurt was what killed it for them. He is a backup and always hurt time to cut him and look for a real backup QB. I'll tell you one thing Baltimore is not the same team I remember they almost lost this game to a weak QB.

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
Baltimore really had no business winning that one. Leftwich was absolutely terrible. The only passes he completed were the ones he sent up on a prayer and got lucky.

Steelers D played lights out. Without the special teams blunder and Wallace fumble the D held them to 3 points. Ravens should be shaking in their little boots if they have to play against the Steelers with Ben and Polamalu healthy.

Jeffg010

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2008
This:

PhiladelphiaEaglesThrowback.jpg

vs.

This:

2012-10-28-steelers-throwback-uniforms-1-4_3_rx512_c680x510.jpg

I think it is safe to say that if you're an NFL team in Pennsylvania, your throwback uniforms suck.

LOL I love it how every other hater bashes the uniforms. It like watching a team put on a pink bunny suit and then you get beat by that team, shameful.

Jeffg010

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2008
Robert Griffin III is the real deal 158 passer rating. Poor luck he had a tough time with a weak defense.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Robert Griffin III is the real deal 158 passer rating. Poor luck he had a tough time with a weak defense.

And we have the Steelers who lost to a weak (oops, I mean, "elite") QB like Flacco. It's OK, Rapelisburger will come back and everything will be all better. Or so you hope.

Luck will be fine. We'll see how RG3 does when (if) they take the training wheels off.

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
What was it that Mike Tomlin said about excuses being a tool for the incompetent?

Who said it was an excuse. The Steelers lost the game. That doesn't mean the Ravens aren't breathing a huge sigh of relief. I'm sure Harbaugh wasn't happy with that performance and will drill into the team for it. If they played like that against the Steelers in the playoffs they wouldn't be walking away with a 'W'.

Then again, I'm just pointing out the obvious.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
And we have the Steelers who lost to a weak (oops, I mean, "elite") QB like Flacco. It's OK, Rapelisburger will come back and everything will be all better. Or so you hope.

Luck will be fine. We'll see how RG3 does when (if) they take the training wheels off.

Compared to Leftwich, Flacco is beyond Elite.

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
While that is true, I had to laugh when I read a headline saying that Leftwich had a 31 yd TD run. How on earth do you let Byron Leftwich run for 31 yards?!?!

The Ravens D aint what it used to be. It was like watching a slow motion version of Michael Vick. The only reason he got there was because the one Ravens player tried to get the angle on the sideline to blow him up and leftwich just stayed in bounds and ran right by him. :D

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Meh, ugly game. Defense held fast but offense just couldn't produce to take advantage of it. Leftwich just didn't seem to have the necessary precision or power in his throws throughout the second half, and the blown timeouts and two/three bad snaps didn't help either.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
The Ravens D aint what it used to be. It was like watching a slow motion version of Michael Vick. The only reason he got there was because the one Ravens player tried to get the angle on the sideline to blow him up and leftwich just stayed in bounds and ran right by him. :D

That was amazing. Dumb defensive player right there.

Chess

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2001

as a Redskins fan and STH and have been wathcing RG3 for the past 2 1/2 years.... I will say this
Luck is a better PRO QB right now, and RG3 has more ceiling than Luck....
As a Skins fan I would have loved to have either..... Simple as that...
Luck has done a damn good job this year, the Patriots locked him down.... It happens in the NFL..

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Can't wait for tonight's Niners Vs. Bears game. It's 2 defense powerhouse playing each other, with backup QBs. I give the edge to the Niners because their backup QB was awesome last week with Smith out, and Campbell is a complete failure.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Can't wait for tonight's Niners Vs. Bears game. It's 2 defense powerhouse playing each other, with backup QBs. I give the edge to the Niners because their backup QB was awesome last week with Smith out, and Campbell is a complete failure.

Interesting to note that a Bears loss means the Packers take over the division and are in complete control of their destiny from here out.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
Interesting to note that a Bears loss means the Packers take over the division and are in complete control of their destiny from here out.

Well If packers win the rest of the season they win the divison (as the Packers still need to play the Bears 1 more time this season).