*OFFICIAL* 2012 NFL Playoffs thread

Page 30 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
I disagree and I've lived in the area since the late 80s. We've got a real rival in the Steelers, the Redskins have been irrelevant since the 90s. But whatever, it's all anecdotal anyways.

I know some older people are bitter towards the skins because of Jack Kent Cooke trying to block Baltimore from getting a team, but other than that most of us really don't care about the Redskins.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
Murder indictment being reduced to a misdemeanor plea. Then you have people that will defend you to the end of the earth. Damn these football guys are treated as Gods.

I never said Ray Lewis was a saint but it pisses me off that prosecutors can fuck up a person's life just by filing charges that they have absolutely nothing to support.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
having worked in columbia (dead between DC and Baltimore) for over 7 years i disagree strongly. 99% of ravens fans care about the redskins like they are a division rival, where 99% of redskins fans don't give a shit about the ravens because other than once every 4 years, they only chance of even meeting them is in the superbowl.

I also work in Columbia and my experience has been the exact opposite. People either follow the Redskins or the Ravens and as you pointed out they hardly ever play each other.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
having worked in columbia (dead between DC and Baltimore) for over 7 years i disagree strongly. 99% of ravens fans care about the redskins like they are a division rival, where 99% of redskins fans don't give a shit about the ravens because other than once every 4 years, they only chance of even meeting them is in the superbowl.

Raven fans mainly care about the Redskins because they care more about football in general. beloved patriot fans barely care about their own team b/c it's never done anything worth a dam in their lifetime, so you're right, why should they care about the Ravens to boot? That's been my experience of the two groups.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
Raven fans mainly care about the Redskins because they care more about football in general. beloved patriot fans barely care about their own team b/c it's never done anything worth a dam in their lifetime, so you're right, why should they care about the Ravens to boot? That's been my experience of the two groups.

The Redskins are a reminder of how good Ravens fans have it. People here are bitching about Harbaugh/Flacco even though they've taken the team to the playoffs and one at least one playoff game for five years in a row. For Redskins fans being one and done in the playoffs makes for a "good" year.

hclarkjr

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Statement From Dr. Andrews On Griffin III

"Robert Griffin III had successful knee surgery early this morning. He had a direct repair of his LCL and a re-do of his previous ACL reconstruction. We expect a full recovery and it is everybody's hope and belief that due to Robert's high motivation, he will be ready for the 2013 season.
"The goal of his treatment is to give him the best opportunity for a long professional career."

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-ev...ffin-III/60be728d-6d13-4e88-a995-36eadf3da0f9

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I went to most of the Badger games last year so I got to see Wilson play a bit. He's not running as much in the NFL as he did here at Wisco. Wilson is also built like a tank; he and RG3 weigh about the same, but Wilson is at least 3", possibly 4" shorter.

Watched him for 3 years at NCSU--damn you Wisconsin!

--Actually, I was happy to see him get a shot at a final year, and in a much bigger market where people would finally recognize his talent. He lit up the ACC for 3 years, but barely anyone gave a shit. 1 year in Wisconsin, and suddenly he's the phenom that no one ever heard of? right....anyway, the way that was handled pretty much led to T O'Brien's firing this year :D--

Wilson definitely ran a lot more in college than he does now. That's why I will forever maintain concerns about RG3 and many peoples' rather unfounded assertions that he will adjust. He hasn't done it yet. This year, he has already suffered a concussion, re-injured his knee, more or less forced himself back onto the field too early, re-injured it again and refused to leave that game at the obvious detriment to his team, then the final injury at the end of the game.

For all the talk of how smart this guy is at the position--and I believe that--he sure seems to act like an uncompromising idiot when it comes to long term success. People say this will be the moment where he learns from his mistake....really? it's his third opportunity this season to learn. Why did it take 3?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I've watched the last 2 or 3 Redskins game and I have not seen any evidence that their offensive line is atrocious. The last ranking I saw had them #12 overall IIRC.

Want to see a bad line? Watch a replay of the Colts against the Ravens.

Have you watched any Bears games over the last ~3 seasons?

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
I never said Ray Lewis was a saint but it pisses me off that prosecutors can fuck up a person's life just by filing charges that they have absolutely nothing to support.

Just like how if a teacher is accused of inappropriate conduct with a student, and later vindicated, that teacher's life is pretty much fucked.

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
Roger Goodell needs to force Washington to get a playable field. Two players (RGIII and Chris Clemons) tore up their knees on that horrible field. And last year...guess where Adrian Peterson tore his ACL and MCL last year? You guessed it! Washington's FedEx field.

I don't know why the field conditions weren't/aren't a bigger story. Players were slipping the whole game and big chunks of dirt/grass popped up wherever the players went. Pittsburgh used to have a really shitty field like that too, but they took some action to correct it. The Commissioner's gotta step in...but carefully, so he doesn't tear up his knees.

Last edited:

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
I laughed.

xzqpza.jpg

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
I would rank their line as atrocious as well. Cutler is a tool, though.

You did see the link I provided?

Just wanting to know you seen it thus i didnt waste my time providing it.

Chicago was higher rated than the packers and colts Oline (#14 in the reg season)

For those that cannot press link... Oline ranking of the 2012 season

1) NYG
2) DEN
3) NO
4) HST
5) NE
6) SF
7) TEN
8) OAK
9) MIA
10) BUF
11) CIN
12) MIN
13) SD
14) CHI
15) GB
16) CAR
17) TB
18) IND
19) ATL
20) BLT
21) SL
22) KC
23) JAX
24) DAL
25) ARZ
26) SEA
27) CLV
28) NYJ
29) DET
30) WAS
31) PHI
32) PIT
[Bolded = Playoff teams]

***Now this is purly on stats like QB being hit, sacked, and having runs for loss/no gain and how bad those runs were. This isn't a major factor in a team win/loss factor, as it is compared to number of snaps. And because a few bad runs for loss can make a bigger impact on the rating than 1 good run.

Last edited:

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Weather report:

Ravens at Broncos
High 23 Low 14 Partly Sunny

Packers at 49'ers
High 51 Low 39 Sunny

Seahawks at Falcons
High 72 Low 58 Cloudy

Texans at Patriots
High 54 Low 47 Partly Cloudy

wtf? Its going to be springtime for the Patriots game.

Last edited:

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
Weather report:

Ravens at Broncos

Packers at 49'ers
High 51 Low 39 Sunny

Seahawks at Falcons
High 72 Low 58 Cloudy

Texans at Patriots

wtf? Its going to springtime for the Patriots game.

Broncos will be the only game that seems weather will be an actual pressence in the game.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Weather report:

Ravens at Broncos

Packers at 49'ers
High 51 Low 39 Sunny

Seahawks at Falcons
High 72 Low 58 Cloudy

Texans at Patriots

pretty sure the afc games are a lock, the nfc games i could see going either way in all honesty, but those bolded are who i think will win.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Manning says he will wear gloves for the first time ever.

Welcome to real football, pal.