*OFFICIAL* 2012 NFL Playoffs thread

Page 100 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
That was hilarious. Pollard was going for a shoulder tackle, Ridley lowers his head to hit with his helmet and knocks himself the F out. Ravens get the ball, touchdown. Earlier Brady tried to take a cheap kick at Ed Reed, got the first down but had to settle for a field goal. I guess the post-Spygate Pats just can't leverage the little stuff like they used to.

I guess the rest of the winy fans who rattle off "spygate" or "cheatriots" comments because they need ANY excuse to explain why their team got hammered by the Pats who, despite being watched like a hawk the following season managed to rip off 18 straight wins before losing the SB. What was your excuse that year, BB launched a spy satellite over every team's mini-camp? no, your team (exception Giants) weren't worthy of the lint-balls off Wilfork's jockstrap..

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
I'm predicting the Pats will get back to the AFC championship game next season.
And they will win it.

Please, stop being a fake Pat's fan, they lost and played like shit in doing so, between this post and the entire Brady thread fake fans like you only serve to ratchet up the enormous hate that already exists against the Pats, you know nothing of the history of the team until they won some SB's..

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Uhhm as a die hard jets fan, I said in the beginning of the season that they would suck this year. Unlike stupid patriots fan who think that their team is unbeatable every year.

No YOU think I think that, I know much better, they had weakness in pass coverage plus the lost the last 2 SB's they were in, few teams are "unbeatable", even the 1985 Bears lost a game to a so called "finesse" team, one of the greatest victory's ever pulled off IMO.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
The two teams I dislike the most (Ravens/Pats) were playing and while I never imagined I would be pulling for the Ravens, I just can't stand that delicate flower QB the Pats have. Always whining for a flag. Won't take a hit (he could have gone OOB to stop the clock at the end of the half but since he figured there was a 5% chance of getting hit, he decided to slide instead of stopping the clock). And I don't think he was trying to injure Ed Reed by putting his leg up in the air. I think it was simply a reflex due to panic that he might get hit.

But more than that, I love when a tough defense wins. Too much passing any more. A defense can hardly defend against a 3-5 yard pass under the rules. So it was great to see a tough defense like the Ravens pull off the victory.

Gee I guess you were getting a snack the dozens of times Brady's done the QB sneak where 300+ lineman blast him in the turf or the sacks he's taken like every QB, oh wait, those were Brady sacks, his magic bubble prevented him from getting slammed to the ground. Maybe he put his leg up to prevent a Raven cheap-shot, they are the 2nd most penalized team in the league.. :whiste:

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
The pats never taped practices, the Boston Herald had to apologize to the Patriots for that story because it was false.

Exactly, it isn't like the NFL didn't investigate, find evidence and than penalized them at all. :rolleyes:

Add on top, unlike the current scandel, the patriots didn't fight it, they were guilty. And got caught. And accepted the punishment.

Last edited:

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Matt Ryan doesn't fumble that snap, 49ers don't win. Roddy White doesn't fall causing Matt's interception, 49ers probably don't win. Harry Douglas doesnt trip over his own feet on the catch that was reviewed, there was no one near him and he runs into the end zone, 49ers don't win. The refs actually decide to call the defensive holding on 4th down, 49ers don't win. The 49ers benefitted from mistakes the Falcons made that were flukes (and one bad call, we'll let the contested catch offset the roughing the passer that wasn't). Any one of those doesn't happen, the 49ers don't win. The only reason the 49ers are in the Super Bowl is because the Falcons couldn't stop shooting themselves in the foot.

If "would've, could've, and should've" meant a goddamn thing in the NFL, my Colts would have 3 or 4 more Super Bowl wins. The Falcons "shooting themselves in the foot" is a nice way of saying they folded and choked. Which is exactly what happened and they were EXTREMELY lucky to beat the Seahawks.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
Oh, I forgot, OJ didn't do it either...If the glove don't fit, you gotta acquit

There has ben evidence circulating for years OJ didn't do it. That it was a family friend, who committed other murders in other states.

Also, the case vs OJ was obvious that he was at least in the running to be guilty. Besides Ray lewis being in the area at the time, there is no evidence it was directly him.

Please, try to settle down, you seem upset about something that shouldn't matter to you.

May 13, 2009
There has ben evidence circulating for years OJ didn't do it. That it was a family friend, who committed other murders in other states.

Also, the case vs OJ was obvious that he was at least in the running to be guilty. Besides Ray lewis being in the area at the time, there is no evidence it was directly him.

Please, try to settle down, you seem upset about something that shouldn't matter to you.

Except for the limo driver first admitting he saw Lewis fighting with the men then later on the stand he can't remember much and claims to be deaf. You do understand that him being involved in the altercation makes him guilty of murder? Just like a getaway driver in a bank robbery is just as guilty as the robbers themselves

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
Except for the limo driver first admitting he saw Lewis fighting with the men then later on the stand he can't remember much and claims to be deaf. You do understand that him being involved in the altercation makes him guilty of murder? Just like a getaway driver in a bank robbery is just as guilty as the robbers themselves

Yes but the getaway driver is not guilty for robbery. He would be guilty for an accessory to robbery. Not roberry. There is a difference in the charge.

Secondly, yes. Let us use 1 eye witness account on what happened. I mean with so many people at the school shooting obviously enough people would have seen things that would put the story together iron clad. Oh wait... There are many questions in everyone story what happened and beyond the people dead and where it happened no one is certain of anything anymore.

I am not saying the man is a saint, I am saying however the evidence is minimal at best. And could be wrong by a mile or spot on. Anyone who just up and believes it was his fault because they hate the ravens, hate him, or hate football is a sad person. If there was enough evidence or even some he wouldve been taken to court (he wasn't but the 2 firends with him were) add on top of that his 2 friends who were, could not be convicted because the evidence was extremely weak at best.

Also, people change. He was younger and stupider back then. Go ahead and throw away any good accomplishments he has/will do because of a possibility. I mean once a bad person must always be bad right?

May 13, 2009
Yes but the getaway driver is not guilty for robbery. He would be guilty for an accessory to robbery. Not roberry. There is a difference in the charge.

Secondly, yes. Let us use 1 eye witness account on what happened. I mean with so many people at the school shooting obviously enough people would have seen things that would put the story together iron clad. Oh wait... There are many questions in everyone story what happened and beyond the people dead and where it happened no one is certain of anything anymore.

I am not saying the man is a saint, I am saying however the evidence is minimal at best. And could be wrong by a mile or spot on. Anyone who just up and believes it was his fault because they hate the ravens, hate him, or hate football is a sad person. If there was enough evidence or even some he wouldve been taken to court (he wasn't but the 2 firends with him were) add on top of that his 2 friends who were, could not be convicted because the evidence was extremely weak at best.

Also, people change. He was younger and stupider back then. Go ahead and throw away any good accomplishments he has/will do because of a possibility. I mean once a bad person must always be bad right?

Forgive and forget. I agree. Exceptions are murderers, rapists, pedos.

Im almost certain that the getaway driver is guilty of robbery just the same. I do know that if the robbers killed someone the driver would be charged with murder. I've watched many episodes of The First 48.

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
stfq7f.jpg

Last edited:

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
Forgive and forget. I agree. Exceptions are murderers, rapists, pedos.

Im almost certain that the getaway driver is guilty of robbery just the same. I do know that if the robbers killed someone the driver would be charged with murder. I've watched many episodes of The First 48.

It would depend.

If he gets a cut of the money, he is a robber also. (not a getaway driver) thus can be charged for robbery.

If he is just driving friends who robbed a bank get away and not get a cut, he is just an accessory to robbery, as the get a way driver.

If the robbers, convince someone at the bank they just robbed them to drive them somewhere, they become an accessory to robbery after the fact.

All 3 are different charges.

And you can still forgive murders. If it isn't done in coldblood. As in if someone starts a fight with me, and I happen to kill him in the struggle, can you really blame me? Maybe I went too far, but adrenaline makes people not think just act, especially when the body kicks in the extra "life/death" bit when fighting.

However I would like to point out not a single thing was said about ray lewis in any NFL thread this season until they beat the colts in teh wildcard. More or less. So again, it is just people pointing out this stuff that hate the ravens/NFl/ray lewis, and thus is disgraceful.

Last edited:

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
You do understand that him being involved in the altercation makes him guilty of murder? Just like a getaway driver in a bank robbery is just as guilty as the robbers themselves

Um no, that's not how the felony murder rule works (especially since the stabbing victims were the ones who started the fight.)

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
Oh, I forgot, OJ didn't do it either...If the glove don't fit, you gotta acquit

Except unlike in the OJ Simpson case the prosecution's evidence against Lewis was so weak that they let him plead out to a misdemeanor. No prosecutor does that unless he knows the case he's bringing to the jury is garbage.

And just to repeat it for the billionth time I don't think Ray Lewis was a saint. It's pretty clear that one of his low-life friends was responsible for the stabbing. I do wonder why the prosecutors charged them with first-degree murder though. From what I recall one of the "victims" started the fight by whacking someone else over the head with a champagne bottle.

May 13, 2009
Except unlike in the OJ Simpson case the prosecution's evidence against Lewis was so weak that they let him plead out to a misdemeanor. No prosecutor does that unless he knows the case he's bringing to the jury is garbage.

And just to repeat it for the billionth time I don't think Ray Lewis was a saint. It's pretty clear that one of his low-life friends was responsible for the stabbing. I do wonder why the prosecutors charged them with first-degree murder though. From what I recall one of the "victims" started the fight by whacking someone else over the head with a champagne bottle.

The case was weak because no one would testify. No shocker there, that's the way of the street. If someone had a backbone your idol and his buddies would be doing time. So I suppose those 140lb kids stabbed themselves in the heart with the weapons that Ray Ray had bought earlier?

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Meh, I was hoping for a Patriots v Falcons super bowl. Mostly just because I wanted the 49ers and Ravens to both lose the conference championships. Oh well.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
I guess the rest of the winy fans who rattle off "spygate" or "cheatriots" comments because they need ANY excuse to explain why their team got hammered by the Pats who, despite being watched like a hawk the following season managed to rip off 18 straight wins before losing the SB. What was your excuse that year, BB launched a spy satellite over every team's mini-camp? no, your team (exception Giants) weren't worthy of the lint-balls off Wilfork's jockstrap..

My team didn't get hammered by the Patriots that year -- they were actually ahead and then collapsed at the end and lost 24-20.

It is a common misconception that the Giants had a new gameplan that took the Patriots by surprise. On the contrary, both the Colts and Ravens (and I believe the Eagles as well) employed exactly the same strategy in the regular season and both teams nearly beat the Patriots. The Colts, for example, were up 10-0. The difference was that the Colts and Ravens couldn't keep the defensive intensity up long enough to win, whereas the Giants did and also had better personnel to do it with.

I'd venture to say that most NFL fans hate the Patriots because of their fan base. Seriously, any time the Colts lost (for example), the Indy Star message boards were flooded with Patriot fans doing their usual gloating ("HAHA! Manning choked!"). I later learned that this was not unique to the Indy message boards but seemed to happen to any team that played the Patriots. So, guess what happened when the Patriots lost SB 42? The Boston newspaper message boards were flooded by fans of the other 31 teams who took the opportunity to publicly berate the Pats (and their fans) after one of the biggest debacles in NFL history. I don't think most Pats fans appreciate how much their team is reviled around the country. Fans like the ones I mention above are the reason.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001

nah, I just find it funny that people seem to suck lewis off when he's nothing more than a thug.

Now lets talk about aaron rodgers. He seems like a class A asshole. I saw a show that had him on it, sixty minutes or something like that. Somebody that was getting a picture taken with him said that he basically expecedt aaron to be bigger. And Aaron said he didn't appreciate it like a little bitch.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
The case was weak because no one would testify. No shocker there, that's the way of the street. If someone had a backbone your idol and his buddies would be doing time. So I suppose those 140lb kids stabbed themselves in the heart with the weapons that Ray Ray had bought earlier?

Idol? Lol.

Contrary to what you're implying I'm no mindless Ray Lewis fanboy. I do hate this attitude that someone is guilty just because prosecutors charged him with a crime. Who cares about pointless details like the burden of proof :rolleyes:

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Matt Ryan doesn't fumble that snap, 49ers don't win. Roddy White doesn't fall causing Matt's interception, 49ers probably don't win. Harry Douglas doesnt trip over his own feet on the catch that was reviewed, there was no one near him and he runs into the end zone, 49ers don't win. The refs actually decide to call the defensive holding on 4th down, 49ers don't win. The 49ers benefitted from mistakes the Falcons made that were flukes (and one bad call, we'll let the contested catch offset the roughing the passer that wasn't). Any one of those doesn't happen, the 49ers don't win. The only reason the 49ers are in the Super Bowl is because the Falcons couldn't stop shooting themselves in the foot.

Had the refs ruled correctly on that Harry Douglas non-catch (the ball obviously moved as it hit the ground), the Falcons would have lost sooner.

Had the Falcons been able to score just one touchdown in the second half, they would have won. But they didn't because their coach is too conservative and constantly allows other teams to come back. All those close games they won in the regular season could have gone the other way if just one or two things changed. If they had average luck they'd have been 10-6 and lost in the first round again.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs didn't hold back after his team's 28-13 victory in the AFC Championship Game on Sunday, shouting as he ran through the Gillette Stadium tunnel that the New England Patriots were "arrogant f------!"

"(We) shut them out in the second half! Tell them to have fun at the Pro Bowl!" he shouted as he exchanged congratulatory hugs and high-fives with teammates as they walked into the locker room. Seven Patriots were selected to play in the Pro Bowl, which is slated to be played Sunday. Players on teams that reach the Super Bowl do not play in the Pro Bowl the weekend before.

and

"These are the most arrogant [expletive] in the world, starting with [coach Bill] Belichick on down," Suggs declared after leaving the field, according to Yahoo! Sports. "Tell them to have fun at the Pro Bowl. Arrogant [expletive]."

Suggs continued to lay into the Patriots, saying, "That's funny, ever since Spygate, they can't seem to get it done. I don't know what it is."

Just as Belichick came across as a sore loser when he refused to do a postgame interview, Suggs looked like a sore winner in taking shots at the Patriots after ending their championship hopes. He just can't help himself when it comes to playing the Patriots and the Steelers. I understand that Suggs was emotional after the biggest win of his 10-year career, and there will be plenty of people who agree with Suggs' highly charged comments.

Still, Suggs showed no class with these remarks, which will irritate Harbaugh undoubtedly. Harbaugh wants the Ravens to be known for respecting their opponents, and Suggs couldn't have disrespected the Patriots more. What this shows is that the Ravens have more bad boy in them than they'd like to admit.
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/64109/ravens-terrell-suggs-is-one-sore-winner

T-Sizzle doesn't mince words! Hell yes

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
nah, I just find it funny that people seem to suck lewis off when he's nothing more than a thug.

Now lets talk about aaron rodgers. He seems like a class A asshole. I saw a show that had him on it, sixty minutes or something like that. Somebody that was getting a picture taken with him said that he basically expecedt aaron to be bigger. And Aaron said he didn't appreciate it like a little bitch.

Yes, Lewis is no more than a thug but just got lucky in leading every player on the field (both teams) in tackles in the past 3 postseason games. That couldn't have anything to do with why people love him. /snicker

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012

So you are the asshole troll of this thread. Makes sense now.

Sidenote - (if you happen to actually be serious...)

Nothing more than a thug... right. No evidence against him, other than misdemeanor charges. Has run some of the top NFL charities run. In interviews of rookies and other newer players to the NFL in the past decade talk about how Ray lewis would talk to them and help them through on figuring out finances or family issues. Even 3 receivers one year called him early in the morning because they had family issues and wanted his advice.

2006 award for somekind of charity thing. Or whatever.

YEP real thug. Almost MS13 style right? :rolleyes: (again not saying he is a saint. But choosing to ignore legal facts and what good he has done is ignorant.)

If you know anything about rodgers, is that he is one of the most humble players you can find with the success he has. He does not care for the limelight. In an interview he stated one of his favorite things about being in a town like Green Bay, is he can go to a grocery store, people will say hello calling him Aaron, and not Rodgers, or Mr. Rodgers. etc.

Secondly, it is disrespectful to tell someone in an interview that they thought that they would look/be different then they are. So can you blame him for not being happy with that comment?

Last edited:

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Secondly, it is disrespectful to tell someone in an interview that they thought that they would look/be different then they are. So can you blame him for not being happy with that comment?

Thing is, is that it wasn't an interview, just some fan getting his picture taken with Mr. Rodgers. I dunno, it just casted him as being very insecure.