* * * Official 2012 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread * * *

Page 95 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

leeland

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2000
Out of these two who to start

A. Bradshaw vs N.O.
A. Morris vs Bal.

Same here

T.Y. Hilton Ten
M. Floyd @pit

Both the match ups seem even to me and I don't want to over think it!

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Pit still doesn't give up much on d. Luck at home against woefull ten

My vote is Ty Hilton. I'm biased. I'm starting him.

AmdEmAll

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2000
Out of these two who to start

A. Bradshaw vs N.O.
A. Morris vs Bal.

Same here

T.Y. Hilton Ten
M. Floyd @pit

Both the match ups seem even to me and I don't want to over think it!

Im putting T.Y. Hilton and Bradshaw in.

Should I start Danario Alexander, Garcon, or Moore?

Last edited:

T2urtle

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2004
Sign up for fantasy football? Nope too late. Its normally open about 1.5 months before the season and closes around week 2-3. I would say when u see they getting ready for training camp to start looking around.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
At this point your options are one week deals like fan duel, and all the major fantasy sites also offer fantasy playoff games where you pick a lineup of players once the playoffs start in January.

Just remember to get stuff sorted during the preseason next year!

Caesar

Golden Member
Nov 5, 1999
I guess I like Colston and Jennings out of those guys, including the ones on waivers. Bad news on Shorts, he passed his concussion test but is still having symptoms. They appear to hate Lloyd in New England.

I'd definitely pick up one of the WRs you mentioned but only as a backup. Maybe Hilton, Luck throws a lot. Jennings is as much of a dice roll as any of them, but I think he has better upside given his QB.

Yep kindda bummed about Shorts. He was doing ok consistently for me. I will keep Colston for sure and then start Jennings (hopefully with Nelson out). Still picked up TY Hilton for later.

Jun 19, 2004
Do I start Bears @Minnesota or St. Louis @Buffalo?

I've ridden the Bears all season, but their performance these last few weeks...well, it's not the same D line. Ulracher's out now too. But I don't know much about the Rams, other than I've heard they've had a couple good weeks these last weeks.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Yep kindda bummed about Shorts. He was doing ok consistently for me. I will keep Colston for sure and then start Jennings (hopefully with Nelson out). Still picked up TY Hilton for later.

I'm hearing Shorts will play.

KT

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005

I've ridden the Bears all season, but their performance these last few weeks...well, it's not the same D line. Ulracher's out now too. But I don't know much about the Rams, other than I've heard they've had a couple good weeks these last weeks.

Bears no contest and this is coming from a Vikings fan. :(

KT

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999

I'm sitting on both d's and playing Chicago. Buffalo has a decent offense and I'm scared about them dropping 30 points on STL.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
I love how my team is so strong, I see Percy Harvin is out for the rest of the year and I'm like: "Sweet, now I can grab someone off the bench now"

Probably the strongest FF team I've ever had, it went 10-3 in the reg season. I think it will come down to me and another guy for the win, so I should be in the money

Jun 19, 2004
@ vi edit and KeithTalent. That wasn't the advice I was expecting, but I'll take it. If a Vikings fan is saying Bears, haha, well then, who am I to argue.

Do either of you think Rams will be a better option week 15 or 16 over Bears? (Assuming I progress to those weeks.)

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Yeh I grabbed STL to match them up against AZ and Seattle when Chicago has GB and Detroit. Assuming I even make it that far to worry about it.

:D

Caesar

Golden Member
Nov 5, 1999
Need help deciding D/ST for this week.

I have Hou (vs NE) and SD (vs Pit). Can also pick:

1. Cin vs Dallas
2. St. L vs Buf

What do you think? Don't think Hou is a good choice. So I can start SD (vs Pit) or pick one of the two above. Final week of regular season for me.

MrScott81

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2001
Help on flex in a PPR league:
McFadden (Den), Crabtree (Mia), Bowe (Cle), TY Hilton (Ten). I also have Brandon Myers (OAK TE vs Den), and even though he's done well, I'm having trouble imagining starting him over the others.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Help on flex in a PPR league:
McFadden (Den), Crabtree (Mia), Bowe (Cle), TY Hilton (Ten). I also have Brandon Myers (OAK TE vs Den), and even though he's done well, I'm having trouble imagining starting him over the others.

Myers is very tempting. He has been very good and the Broncos are by far the worst team against the Tight End. McFaddeb would normally be first choice, but I am terrified of that entire Raiders backfield now that all of them are back, plus I expect them to be behind and chucking it.

Crabtree has diminished a bit since Kaepernick has taken over (I have him in a PPR league too), can't trust Bowe with that QB and the Browns D has been relatively stout. Hilton is intriguing, but I think I actually like Myers over him this week.

Just my $0.02.

KT

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Not to open a can of worms, but I don't understand how Watt/Houston could be credited with another sack (a full point in our scoring) yesterday (it's not showing as being taken away from another Houston player), yet my score did not change. I'm sure I'm missing something? :confused: Is it only changed for IDP? That does not really make sense to me.

KT

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Ah ok, so it only gives the point for the individual player. Fair enough.

KT

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Need help deciding D/ST for this week.

I have Hou (vs NE) and SD (vs Pit). Can also pick:

1. Cin vs Dallas
2. St. L vs Buf

What do you think? Don't think Hou is a good choice. So I can start SD (vs Pit) or pick one of the two above. Final week of regular season for me.

all crappy. i guess i'd go with cinci. they've been hot recently... i could see a pick 6, 3 sacks, and maybe a fumble recovery.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Swapped out Sproles for Moreno last minute for my wife's team tonight. I think that turned out to be a solid choice.

great choice. i put him in, too. on one team, i was a little cautious and didn't do it. decided to leave in adrian peterson, chris johnson, and bryce brown (on bench, i have alfred morris, frank gore, knowshon moreno, and benjarvis green-ellis). no one would trade me, so i just held onto all these stud running backs...

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Glad I picked up Knowshon Moreno, I did not start him this week but our playoffs don't being till next week and he will be good to have in my back pocket. I might even start him over Benjarvus Green-Ellis next week in my #2 rb slot.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Swapped out Sproles for Moreno last minute for my wife's team tonight. I think that turned out to be a solid choice.
Heh, I made literally the same choice before the game as well. Solid 25 points from Moreno in my PPR league.