* * * Official 2012 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread * * *

Page 68 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

T2urtle

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2004
I gotta check on Denver. Yahoo is too slow right now. I got 20 points off Indy this week but that was all LUCK. Lol

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
I gotta check on Denver. Yahoo is too slow right now. I got 20 points off Indy this week but that was all LUCK. Lol

If my Broncs DST is still availalbe in your league, I want to join that one next year. They must be a bunch of n00bs. :p

Well actually nevermind, playing on Yahoo isn't worth it :p

But yea, if they aren't gone already I'd be surprised, you needed to pick them up a couple weeks ago.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
Thats seriously not cool, I've been playing on ESPN for 5 years now and its never been down on a game day, never

T2urtle

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2004
Its up now via web. Oh and Denver was not out there. I need a defense for the remaining weeks as I'll take over as #1 pending Marshall and foster have a monster game

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Almost worthy of a drop.

Or at least a trade for someone like Ponder or Palmer...

Can't believe how bad he has sucked the past three weeks. I still have a chance this week... He has Dwyer, Sanders, Miller, and Gould. I have Andre Johnson and Suisham left to play. I am leading by 3 points.

I think I'm gonna lose...

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Or at least a trade for someone like Ponder or Palmer...

Can't believe how bad he has sucked the past three weeks. I still have a chance this week... He has Dwyer, Sanders, Miller, and Gould. I have Andre Johnson and Suisham left to play. I am leading by 3 points.

I think I'm gonna lose...

One be a fool to make that trade.

T2urtle

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2004
I have luck/Eli sadly everyone grabbed all the QB to fill in for the byes and poor performance guys. Vick and Alex smith got smashed today so even more qb will be gone.

T2urtle

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2004
I dunno. I could see someone doing it in a package, especially if those QBs weren't a team's starters.

A package yes. Eli alone... only an idiot would. He has a bye next week. Plays falcons and ravens in week 15/16. (Playoff weeks). Worthless to everyone.

I'm trying to find a qb with a decent schedule and maybe offer him Brandon Lloyd for. But I think LUCK is my key to winning.

shurato

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2000
I'm a commissioner in a Yahoo league and I have a few angry people right now due to the outage. I can't really think of a fair solution to this problem.

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
In the league I'm commish I moved us to ESPN this year. Last season for the first half of the year Yahoo's mobile app was unusable. Not sure why anyone would still use them after that nonsense.

T2urtle

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2004
How is ESPN's mobile app? And commish tools.

I think I'll make the move to ESPN next year.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
I'm a commissioner in a Yahoo league and I have a few angry people right now due to the outage. I can't really think of a fair solution to this problem.

If you do anything, I think the only fair solution is the following:

Offer to change out their lineups, but with limitations. No hindsight crap. Any player that was on bye or announced as being out before the start of the early game can be replaced with the highest-ranked active player on that person's roster according to an aggregate ranking site. I often use FantasyPros.com, which combines the rankings of a whole bunch of different fantasy writers, but I'm not sure how easy it is to find previous weeks' rankings.

But yeah, if some guy had, say, Darren McFadden still in his lineup, and his other RBs are Mikel Leshoure and Chris Ivory, you'd slot in Leshoure because he's ranked higher even though Ivory got more points. The key is to just find an impartial way of calculating how to go back and change the lineups.

EDIT: And oh yeah, definitely going to ESPN next year. NFL.com's fantasy app is total shit (it's just a bad web browser that pulls up the mobile version of their website, and works more slowly than accessing the exact same site from a real mobile browser).

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
How is ESPN's mobile app? And commish tools.

I think I'll make the move to ESPN next year.

Don't know about the commish tools. On the iPhone the app is crap IMHO. If you have to manage anything close to the bottom of the screen you can't. If you leave the app and come back it's either locked up or takes at least 45 seconds or more before it will refresh again. 50/50 on if it will refresh vs. crash.

Plus one thing I *HATE* about ESPN is that there is no way that I can set forward schedules. Usually I'll plug and play a few players a few weeks out to check matchups and byes. Can't do that on ESPN. Bleh.

And don't get me started on the cluster of a mess that is ESPN's full site.

I will say their iPad app is slick. That's a good product.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Oakland RB Marcel Reese still available in most leagues if you're in a deep league you'll want him, gave me 12 points.

Played him instead of Hakeen Nicks...LOL, it was the right call. I benched Nicks for a nobody. I don't know what the hell is going on with Manning.