* * * Official 2012 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread * * *

Page 67 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
If it's PPR, then keeping Sproles is a no-brainer. Regardless, I would probably keep Sproles over Jones even though theoretically Jones may be a better fit with the scheme in Oakland, he will be splitting carries with Reece for the short time McFadden and Goodson are out and when either one of them comes back, those Jones' carries will drop significantly.

KT

Jun 19, 2004
It is a PPR league, forgot to mention that. Thanks for the advice. My gut was saying keep Sproles and just eat the loss this week.

Our waiver wire is so pathetically thin (16 team league) that I was really surprised to see Sproles pop up on it. I don't think I'd get a second stab at him if I were to drop him now.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Keep Sproles. Gonna bet Reece gets 90% of the carries anyways.

What makes you think that? I'm trying to decide between Reece and Gresham in my flex (Cobb on bye) and am really torn. I like Reece to get some catches, but that everything I am seeing indicates Jones will be the getting most of the carries; almost feels like Gresham is the safer play. :hmm:

KT

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
What makes you think that? I'm trying to decide between Reece and Gresham in my flex (Cobb on bye) and am really torn. I like Reece to get some catches, but that everything I am seeing indicates Jones will be the getting most of the carries; almost feels like Gresham is the safer play. :hmm:

KT

An analyst I follow on Twitter.. but he's since changed his mind. Reports are saying it'll be Jones on running downs, Reece on passing downs.

Caesar

Golden Member
Nov 5, 1999
What do you guys think?

Bold: Planning to start
Italics: Bye

QB: Peyton Manning, Micahel Vick
WR: Marques Colston, Brandon Lloyd, Mario Manningham, Danny Amendola, Brian Hartline, Andre Robers, Josh Gordon
RB: Lesean McCoy, Frank Gore, Vick Ballard, Alfred Morris
TE: Jimmy Graham
K: Lawrence Tynes
D/ST: Houston, San Diego

Any tips?

Bibble

Golden Member
Feb 20, 2006
Need to pick one: Nate Washington vs Miami, Lance Moore vs Atlanta, or Anquan Boldin vs Oakland. Thoughts?

Also, Rivers vs Tampa or Alex Smith vs StL?

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
yeah down for me too. I need to pick up a defense too. Maybe time to move to ESPN next year.

saratoga172

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2009
Down for me as well. I've also been doing an nfl.com league. Doesn't seem as well thought out but I'm starting to pick it up.

How does ESPN's compare to Yahoo and NFL.com?

saratoga172

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2009
Thanks good to know. I'll give ESPN a go next year. Until today never really had a problem with Yahoo.

NFL...kinda sucks imo. Their app is terribad. And the interface is a little iffy.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Thanks good to know. I'll give ESPN a go next year. Until today never really had a problem with Yahoo.

NFL...kinda sucks imo. Their app is terribad. And the interface is a little iffy.

In particular ESPN is good for doing Drop/Adds and displaying injury/news reports for players.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
I already admitted i was wrong on Ivory but the Saints are clearly the culprit. They should have been playing this kid all year long instead of Ingram. They just dont want to admit they wasted such a high draft pick. Not that its wasted per se, but that they didnt need to take him and should clearly be playing the hot hand and giving Ivory more touches

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
ESPN is so much better than the rest, AINEC. Yahoo blows, NFL is even worse, and CBS is a complete cluster fuck

T2urtle

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2004
Owen Daniels.... what's the deal. It doesn't look good at the moment for him. But I love the match up!

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Just like I said, Chris Ivory is a stud and he will get more touches. Also, Flacco is going off this week, like I said. He's money at home. Also, like I said, Rivers was gonna involve Gates more because he realized he can't win without him.

Pissed that I trusted Eli this week rather than going with my gut and starting Rivers.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
Hope you guys picked up Broncos DST like i've been saying for a few weeks. Its going to be like this for the rest of the season.