* * * Official 2012 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread * * *

Page 66 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
I wouldn't count on it. Everyone's saying Marcel Reece will get the start.

Vick Ballard seems like a great option this week (he plays tonight against the Jaguars and Donald Brown is out again), but he's probably already taken. If you do have him, though, you should probably play him, depending on your situation.

Ballard is gone. My only options are Taiwan Jones, David Wilson, or Danny Woodhead...lol. Oh well, damn bye week

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
My only options are Taiwan Jones, David Wilson, or Danny Woodhead...lol

Woodhead is vs Buffalo. Anyone in a skill position is worth a start vs Buffalo. He's pretty consistently put up 8-10 points in a PPR league. Not going to win you any championships, but at least it's something for a bye week or injury filler.

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
Woodhead is vs Buffalo. Anyone in a skill position is worth a start vs Buffalo. He's pretty consistently put up 8-10 points in a PPR league. Not going to win you any championships, but at least it's something for a bye week or injury filler.

So either go for broke with Taiwan (i watched him in the preseason, dude is blazing fast) or be conservative with Woodhead...hmmm

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
So either go for broke with Taiwan (i watched him in the preseason, dude is blazing fast) or be conservative with Woodhead...hmmm

I have a Woodhead for Taiwan.

Sorry, I had to say that.

I watched Taiwan Jones I think what, two preseasons now? I am really, REALLY impressed. He's fast AND slippery. Kid just needs to get touches.

(Note: This is NOT a fantasy football endorsement in any way, just saying he's GOING to be a good RB some day)

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Should I start BenJarvus Green-Ellis or Pierre Thomas in my #2 RB spot this week? Right now I am sticking with Green-Ellis, Thomas has done nothing fantastic fantasy wise this season. Its a PPR league

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
I feel like you have to go Pierre Thomas in PPR, he catches a lot of passes and Brees throws a lot to his RBs (and everyone else).

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Should I start BenJarvus Green-Ellis or Pierre Thomas in my #2 RB spot this week? Right now I am sticking with Green-Ellis, Thomas has done nothing fantastic fantasy wise this season. Its a PPR league

just looked up what a ppr league is... go pierre thomas. he's got 171 reception yards so far, versus green-ellis, who has only 53.

man, ppr leagues sound dumb as shit... it's like playing counterstrike with the world of warcraft mod or something...

Last edited:

T2urtle

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2004
just looked up what a ppr league is... go pierre thomas. he's got 171 reception yards so far, versus green-ellis, who has only 53.

man, ppr leagues sound dumb as shit... it's like playing counterstrike with the world of warcraft mod or something...

Ppr leagues makes players that do the dirty work valuable. Like players who grab those first downs. Not just touchdowns. It evens the playing field more because a lot of players don't see the end zone much. Kickers and def/st are pointless because there just random.

tontod

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Should I start Brandon Myers or Antonio Gates? Starting Gates makes more sense, but he's had maybe 2 good games.

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005

:|

baoytl

Aug 14, 2000
Anybody know how long Mcfadden will be back at near 100%? I got an offer for him along with Goodson and Sparks for CJ Spiller. I'm in 5th place, 2 games back of 1st. He's facing 4 of the top 5 teams the next 4 weeks including me in Week 11. So it benefits me somewhat to improve his team.

Oakland has great RB matchups the rest of the way but I don't know how bad McFadden's high ankle sprain is.

He also has McGahee with very good matchups the rest of the way. I have Forte and Bush with poor matchups the rest of the way. I was thinking of counter offering McGahee, McFadden, and Goodson for Forte and Spiller. Maybe also toss in Michael Bush or Alex Green in there since I have to drop someone anyways.

I also have Peyton Manning and Demaryius Thomas. I don't know if it would be wise to add McGahee on to my team. Am I complicating this too much? I know I'll be giving up the best player in Forte, but like I say he's got tough matchups the rest of the way. While McFadden is out, I have Chris Johnson to fill in but not in Week 11.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Anybody know how long Mcfadden will be back at near 100%? I got an offer for him along with Goodson and Sparks for CJ Spiller. I'm in 5th place, 2 games back of 1st. He's facing 4 of the top 5 teams the next 4 weeks including me in Week 11. So it benefits me somewhat to improve his team.

Oakland has great RB matchups the rest of the way but I don't know how bad McFadden's high ankle sprain is.

He also has McGahee with very good matchups the rest of the way. I have Forte and Bush with poor matchups the rest of the way. I was thinking of counter offering McGahee, McFadden, and Goodson for Forte and Spiller. Maybe also toss in Michael Bush or Alex Green in there since I have to drop someone anyways.

I also have Peyton Manning and Demaryius Thomas. I don't know if it would be wise to add McGahee on to my team. Am I complicating this too much? I know I'll be giving up the best player in Forte, but like I say he's got tough matchups the rest of the way. While McFadden is out, I have Chris Johnson to fill in but not in Week 11.

he's probably looking at anywhere between 3 to 5 more weeks.

Connoisseur

Platinum Member
Sep 14, 2002
Got offered Heath Miller for Run DMC. DMC is probably not going to play this week and my only other TE option is Kyle Rudolph. My other RB's are Lynch, Richardson and Marcel Reece. Thoughts on if it's a good offer?

Nov 3, 2004
Got offered Heath Miller for Run DMC. DMC is probably not going to play this week and my only other TE option is Kyle Rudolph. My other RB's are Lynch, Richardson and Marcel Reece. Thoughts on if it's a good offer?

Can't you get more for DMC than Heath Miller from some other team?

VoteQuimby

Jan 27, 2005
Was offered the follow trade in a 12 team ppr.

I would receive Roddy White & Joique Bell for Willis McGahee & Titus Young.

I have Marshawn Lynch, BJGE, D. Brown, D. Thomas, & Turbin (Lynch backup) & Harvin, Maclin, K. Wright., E. Sanders

I'm hurting for WRs the next two weeks(Harvin hurt and on bye next week), and Maclin has been sucking it up for most of the year. McGahee has only really had three really good games all year. Titus was a waiver pickup a few weeks back.

Thoughts? My record is 6-3, top of my division.

Jun 19, 2004
I'm in a tight spot and need some opinions quickly:

I am short a running back for this week. I've got Murray (out), Morris (bye), I had Jennings play last night (fucking 2 points)

But here's my situation. I had Ivory, but Sproles came up on Waiver. I took a gamble and dropped Ivory for Sproles (maybe a bad call, but that's not what I need advice on)

I'm looking at dropping Sproles (who they now say won't play after saying this week he could likely play) and adding Taiwan Jones.

The thing is, I'm first in my division (7-2), but there seriously doesn't look to be a way I'll win this week, no matter what I do. All of my good players are either on bye or not playing till next week due to injury.

So, do I sit on Sproles and bet that he'll be a good keep in the coming weeks, or drop him for Taiwan and have a slim to none chance of winning this week anyway?

What say you ffl experts?

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
is it a ppr league? if so I'm pretty sure you'd start sproles over murray when healthy, though it might be close. non-ppr probably murray?

I think I'd hold sproles if I were you. or if you're eits, drop sproles for chris cooley

T2urtle

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2004
So glad I went all in on Indy. I took luck over Eli and picked up Indy's def/st

Almost 40 point from those two. But my guy has brees and bears.

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
Its smart to play whomever is playing Jax or KC. Those two teams give a whole new meaning to the term bad.

Can't wait to see what Steelers do against KC Monday night, their DST is due for a huge game and I picked them up in nearly all my leagues, its like everyone forgot about them