* * * Official 2012 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread * * *

Page 61 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

T2urtle

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2004
I normally play daniels. Same situation, the star receiver gets double and the TE snags the simple catches.

The kicker is ranked 3rd in points and I don't want to drop him cause most people are kicker hungry some reason in my league.

Eli and luck has been pissing me off, cause I start the wrong one.

I'm 5-3 and in second place, only 4 go into playoffs.

chitwood

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2008
Hard to say. SSmith has been crappy this year, Fitz and Johnson are about the same in terms of stats so far.

but Dre Johnson plays on a team that:
1. runs the ball
2. throws to Daniels
3. runs the ball
4. scores on a pick 6
5. runs the ball

The guy is a great talent but you get the feeling his best years are behind him.

Cobb is arguably the best wideout on the Packers right now

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Hard to say. SSmith has been crappy this year, Fitz and Johnson are about the same in terms of stats so far.

but Dre Johnson plays on a team that:
1. runs the ball
2. throws to Daniels
3. runs the ball
4. scores on a pick 6
5. runs the ball

The guy is a great talent but you get the feeling his best years are behind him.

Cobb is arguably the best wideout on the Packers right now

good luck to you

Yeah I stayed very far away from Johnson this year. That team is just too much of a running team to get him enough balls.

I actually just traded for Cobb in one league. Absolutely love him, with or without Jennings.

KT

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Fitz has no one to throw to him. Smith has Can Newton, so he won't get too many good passes. I didn't want to get rid of Heath Miller, but oh well. I have Owen Daniels. I wanted to trade away Kyle Rudolph, but he already played on Thursday before the trade was accepted. So, peace out, Heath.

Cobb is awesome and Jennings is out. He actually has someone who can throw to him. Andre, I think, will get more passes, now that the Texans bye week is up. I think they figured out ways to get him more open.

Jun 19, 2004
So I want RG3. The girl in our league who has him IS a Carolina fan, but I couldn't convince her on a straight trade of Cam for RG3 (which means she's not stupid, but she does pick Carolina players if she can).

I'm thinking of offering Cam and Calvin Johnson for RG3...thoughts?

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
So I want RG3. The girl in our league who has him IS a Carolina fan, but I couldn't convince her on a straight trade of Cam for RG3 (which means she's not stupid, but she does pick Carolina players if she can).

Too much in my opinion, but it depends on the rest of your team. Of course I've not really been lining up at the BG3 glory hole, so I may be the wrong person to evaluate.

KT

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
You don't want RG3 that bad, Cam will have a better second half of the season and get 90% of the points RG3 gets week in and week out

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com

if she takes it, she's a moron.

cam newton is a backup qb on most fantasy lineups because he sucks. calvin johnson can't replace the amount of points she'd lose by giving up rg3.

rg3 is far more valuable than newton and calvin johnson together.

Last edited:

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005

cam newton is a backup qb on most fantasy lineups because he sucks. calvin johnson can't replace the amount of points she'd lose by giving up rg3.

You are insane! Holy Christ

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
I'm on slayer's side this time around. She would probably take that deal but I wouldn't make it unless I had 4 other WR's that were studs and didn't need Calvin Johnson at all

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005

You crazy.

KT

Garming

Aug 31, 2012
Just got offered the choice of Leshoure, Mendenhall, Shone Greene for Witten. Can't decide which back I want, suggestions?

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Just got offered the choice of Leshoure, Mendenhall, Shone Greene for Witten. Can't decide which back I want, suggestions?

Unlike SOME batshit crazy people around here...

Greene is pretty much the only trustworthy one of the bunch in that grouping.

#1 - I expect Mendenhall to land on IR sooner rather than later. Achilles issue + THREE starting caliber RB's (Redman, Dwyer and Batch + Rainey as COP) on the roster already, there's no reason for the Steelers to risk further injury to Mendenhall if his injury doesn't improve soon. You're risking a player that has played only two games this season, and may not play another game at all for the rest of the season for a top tier TE?

#2 - LeShoure had a fabulous starting week when he came back, but honestly every week Detroit falls behind, they abandon the run game which means LeShoure comes out and Joique Bell comes in for their no-huddle attack. It's been fucking KILLING me for the last three weeks. LeShoure is good for maybe 60 yards worth of rushing and MAYBE a TD every other game at best, plus possibly a matchup-based breakout game through the rest of the season. Hell, last week I was yelling as Jim Schwartz because it was 1st and Goal and he had Bell in for 2 downs and put LeShoure back in on 3rd down but had Stafford throw it somewhere else anyway.

#3 - Greene is pretty much the only bright spot left on the Jets roster, and he's playing like he means it. Feature back, no time share, and Rex finally realized that he has to pound the ball with Greene 30 times a game to stay in the thick of it. Greene will get you SOLID points every game, no questions asked.

There you go. Take it for what you will. Greene, LeShoure, Mendenhall - in that order.

Newton will have "average" QB stats with maybe one or two breakout games. RG3's stat line will be better over the course of the season. Megatron is getting shut down this year - he'll still have solid PPR numbers, but he's not putting up last season's numbers by any stretch of the imagination. If you have solid WR depth and you want RG3 and your trade partner is willing, go for it. Maybe see if you can get her to package in a little backup depth you need in the process just to even things out (maybe a RB2 or WR2 or WR3 maybe?).

Last edited:

NoCreativity

Golden Member
Feb 28, 2008
Lol how so?

Because Cam Newton is in the top 10 for QB scoring, so hardly a backup unless you are in a league with less than 10 teams.

But I agree I wouldn't trade RG3 for newton and johnson unless I was extremely thin at WR.

Last edited:

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
traded heath miller, steve smith, and larry fitzgerald for randall cobb and andre johnson. hope i made the right call.

Heath Miller is a top 5 tight end and with the log jam of mediocre tight end production so far this year he is valuable. Both Steve Smith and Larry have more points than Andre Johnson (at least in ppr) so far this year.

I don't understand the trade Eits, you are giving up 2 good receivers and a good TE for 2 other good receivers. I guess you are banking on Randall Cobb's value right now but keep in mind his production will go down when Jordy Nelson and Greg Jennings come back.

I have both Cobb and Johnson in a league and would have gladly taken that trade.

Last edited:

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004

Nooooo wayyyy. You are much better off playing matchups with Cam Newton and waiver wire quarterbacks week to week than making that trade. Calvin Johnson will have a better second half, now that Titus Young has shown up defenses will make adjustments that will allow him better production.

Nov 3, 2004
Fitz has no one to throw to him. Smith has Can Newton, so he won't get too many good passes. I didn't want to get rid of Heath Miller, but oh well. I have Owen Daniels. I wanted to trade away Kyle Rudolph, but he already played on Thursday before the trade was accepted. So, peace out, Heath.

Cobb is awesome and Jennings is out. He actually has someone who can throw to him. Andre, I think, will get more passes, now that the Texans bye week is up. I think they figured out ways to get him more open.

You're basically banking on Andre being an absolute fantasy stud, but the fact is that the Texans play in the garbage AFC where they won't need to throw the ball much, and Johnson isn't the same great player he once was.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Heath Miller is a top 5 tight end and with the log jam of mediocre tight end production so far this year he is valuable. Both Steve Smith and Larry have more points than Andre Johnson (at least in ppr) so far this year.

I don't understand the trade Eits, you are giving up 2 good receivers and a good TE for 2 other good receivers. I guess you are banking on Randall Cobb's value right now but keep in mind his production will go down when Jordy Nelson and Greg Jennings come back.

I have both Cobb and Johnson in a league and would have gladly taken that trade.

i didn't want to get rid of heath miller, but i was kinda forced to. i have a winning team, but score the fewest amount of points, which doesn't bode well. fitzgerald won't put up anything because he doesn't have anyone to throw to him. steve smith needs to be traded to a team with a good quarterback so he can put up points. i had to get rid of them because my receiving core is mediocre at best. i needed some better players.

cobb will put up good points, even when jennings comes back. andre johnson will start getting more passes, i can almost guarantee it. cobb and johnson put up more points and have a better chance of putting up more points in the future than smith and fitz combined.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Which one should I sit out of these four?

Titus Young @ JAC
Stevie Johnson @ HOU
Lance Moore vs. PHI
Pierre Thomas vs. PHI

I'm wavering between Stevie (because of the matchup) and Lance (because Jimmy Graham is back). I also have Andre Roberts, Alex Green, and Joique Bell, but I'm not sure any of them are worth starting.