* * * Official 2012 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread * * *

Page 60 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
You can hope - Davis has has back to back horrible games and he's going into a game against a team who has given up the LEAST points to TE's this season. Unlikely, but possible.

Yeah, fingers crossed for another goose egg. :whiste:

KT

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
I am up by 7 points and still have the Cardinals defense and my oppenent has nobody else starting. Should I bench the defense? The D/ST scoring is standard and the worst I could get would be -4 points

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
waiting for mendenhall to get back to being healthy so i can laugh at slayer for trying to ridicule me on the trade...

refresher:
i gave up nicks and graham
i got mendenhall, rudolph, and decker

i desperately needed another starting running back on my team.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
waiting for mendenhall to get back to being healthy so i can laugh at slayer for trying to ridicule me on the trade...

refresher:

You know what, when I criticized that trade earlier, I think I was confusing Eric Decker with Brandon Stokley. It's fairly even, basically downgrading your TE while upgrading your WR and getting a throw-in RB.

It's hard to know what Nicks will do going forward but Decker is definitely hot now.

tontod

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Should I bother to start Antonio Gates for the rest of the season? He's had, what, 1 good game this season? I have Tony Gonzalez in my TE spot, Gates is in my flex TE/WR slot. My flex options for WRs are Andre Roberts, Josh Gordon, Brandon LaFell.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Should I bother to start Antonio Gates for the rest of the season? He's had, what, 1 good game this season? I have Tony Gonzalez in my TE spot, Gates is in my flex TE/WR slot. My flex options for WRs are Andre Roberts, Josh Gordon, Brandon LaFell.

At this point I would probably start Gordon over Gates. Gordon has been far more consistent over the past several weeks, Gates and The Chargers look done. I had Gates in one league and dropped him a couple of weeks ago; I have Rivers in that same league and I am dropping him for Weeden.

KT

tHa ShIzNiT

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2000
wow, rivers for weeden. thats how low its gotten. I dont know if thats gonna be a good move long term but I sure dont blame you for doing it.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
wow, rivers for weeden. thats how low its gotten. I dont know if thats gonna be a good move long term but I sure dont blame you for doing it.

Temporary, I just made a trade to get Brady and Newton (it's a 2 QB league), but yeah, it has gotten that bad with Rivers and Gates. I just can't trust him in any week, so I'd rather just get rid of him.

KT

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005

refresher:

horrible trade :)

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004

I would not start him but it is probably worth holding onto him. The game was a debacle for the Chargers whole offense but if he can't get a good game going against the Chiefs next week its dumpsville for Antonio Gates

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004

Rivers has been such a disappointment this season, he has only had 2 good games and those were against terrible opponents.

At this point anyone starting Rivers would be better off just playing matchups with QBs on the WW though I do think Rivers will have some decent production in his next game against the Chiefs.

If anyone needs a QB for week 9 you might want to pick up Nick Foles. The Eagles may start him over Michael Vick on MNF and The Saints are bound to make whatever QB starts look like Joe Montana.

Last edited:

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
going down this week MetalMat, despite being projected to win by .8

And I squeak by with the win thanks to McGahee & Demayrius Thomas digging me out of a huge hole. Honorable mention goes to the 49ers who forgot about Vernon Davis :p

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com

josh gordon.

gates should remain on bench for, probably, the rest of the season. i'd only start him over lafell and roberts. josh gordon should get the start over gates except for week 9 and 10... week 9, gates is against the chiefs and week 10, josh gordon has a bye.

until gates starts to blow up and josh gordon starts sucking bigtime, that's what i'd to.

Nov 29, 2006
J. Freeman vs. Oakland
or
J. Flacco vs. Cleveland?

They have Freeman projected higher but ive been using Flacco other than this past bye week?

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Freeman! Flacco sucks. He always comes up short against bad opponents, and he's been extra bad on the road this year (and his week 9 game is a road game).

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
J. Freeman vs. Oakland
or
J. Flacco vs. Cleveland?

They have Freeman projected higher but ive been using Flacco other than this past bye week?

Both Pass Defenses are bad. I would go with Freeman, he has been playing well and has been much more consistent than Flacco. Joe has been bad on the road averaging 7.6 pts a game

At this point there are a bunch of starting quarterbacks I would take Freeman over, he will be a hot WW pickup this week.

Last edited:

tontod

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Should I start Cam or Big Ben? Normally I would start Cam against WAS, but makes me hesitate seeing as how he has been sucking recently.

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Should I start Cam or Big Ben? Normally I would start Cam against WAS, but makes me hesitate seeing as how he has been sucking recently.

I would start Big Ben, its a much safer bet. Cam Newton *should* have a field day against the Redskins terrible defense but with the way that whole organization has been looking the past month who knows whats gonna happen.

Last edited:

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
do i drop malcolm floyd for cecil shorts?

i'm this close to pulling that trigger...

edit: i'm doing this... let's see if i get him in an hour or so when the waivers clear...

edit: nevermind, decided to drop philip rivers instead, just in case floyd has a good game and i can use him in a trade with a team who has worse receivers...

Last edited:

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
I would start Big Ben, its a much safer bet. Cam Newton *should* have a field day against the Redskins terrible defense but with the way that whole organization has been looking the past month who knows whats gonna happen.

skins defense isn't as bad as it was on sunday... it must have been the rainy weather or something... the skins completely sucked it up bigtime that game...

skins play at home this week... unless the forecast calls for rain, i'd start ben roethlisberger.

T2urtle

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2004
meow.jpg

I need a kicker for my PPR league. Luck or pettigrew. I like pettigrew because i think he is the #1 option in passing on that team because megatron is double covered 99% of the time.

Eli bad game last week was just a bad game i hope.

Who would you drop?

Also Greg Jennings just got dropped, any idea if he can make it back in time?

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
meow.jpg

I need a kicker for my PPR league. Luck or pettigrew. I like pettigrew because i think he is the #1 option in passing on that team because megatron is double covered 99% of the time.

Eli bad game last week was just a bad game i hope.

Who would you drop?

Also Greg Jennings just got dropped, any idea if he can make it back in time?

Pettigrew vs. Daniels is kinda tough, thing is I can't see myself ever benching Daniels for Pettigrew, but you're in a PPR. The Lions throw a lot more than the Texans and Pettigrew does have a few more receptions and targets than Daniels (but fewer yards and TDs).

You can't drop Luck because Eli still hasn't had his bye week yet and Luck is a premium bye week fill in, and actually pretty decent as a starter.

What about just dropping Gostkowski for a different kicker? I don't normally keep kickers over their bye weeks.

As for Greg Jennings, there's a chance he's back in time for the fantasy playoffs, but I doubt he'll rush to start playing again. If you're playoff bound, it might be worth stashing him. If you're 4-4, probably not. I traded him to the undefeated guy in my league for Mikel Leshoure (he was stacked at RB).