* * * Official 2012 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread * * *

Page 30 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
With Revis out the rest of the year, is there any point in keeping the Jets D?

With holmes out they basically lost their only worthwhile offensive threat. I'd be more worried about the offense being able to stay on the field than revis being out. Two of SF's touchdowns came from turnovers yesterday.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Back to back crappy weeks. After two weeks of 3-1, I follow up with two 1-3. Damn people having these career games against me. 2 of the games they've got 3 guys coming in at 75-90 points alone which pretty much makes that an instant loss barring a miracle. In the other I've got guys that must be in a challenge to see who can be most unproductive on the stats.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
I'd much rather lose a close matchup where the other guy lucks out and gets tons of points than get shellacked. At least you have hope for the future. One of my teams is now 0-4 (or will be unless Romo throws like 5 picks and Michael Bush has a career game). That team has been destroyed by injuries and fantasy duds and I wouldn't have been able to win more than one of the matchups so far even if I had done everything perfectly. So I've basically resigned myself to losing every week with that one.

My other teams are at least hopeful. They all lost this week but they should be in a position to get some wins going forward.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Think I have any chance in hell of covering 32 points between Brandon Marshall, Robbie Gould, and Bears Def?

Cuz that's what I need to win :D

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Think I have any chance in hell of covering 32 points between Brandon Marshall, Robbie Gould, and Bears Def?

Cuz that's what I need to win :D

I need Brandon Marshall and Robbie Gould to get 15 points or less to win. Marshall is projected at 9 and Gould is at 8 so I will have my fingers crossed. I made a bad decision to start Bennett over Dez Bryant this week.

Even if I lose Im not too worried at 2-2, I have a solid team that should get me to the playoffs. It would be surprising if Drew Brees, Adrian Peterson, MJD, Julio Jones, Brandon Lloyd and the Cardinals D/ST don't get me there

Last edited:

The_Dude8

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2000
Steve Smith, but it's close. Can't really go wrong.

I'm super torn between NYG WR Barden and Bears RB Michael Bush in my flex spot. Forte is likely to play, but Bush gets the end zone carries (that's why I drafted him). Barden is a risk and when you compare WR to RB, you normally go with RB because of consistency. I'm looking for which one has a better chance of getting 10 points, which is all I ask for in that position.

FU barden, you're a one game wonder, no catches and no point in ppr.

shocksyde

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2001
Dwayne Bowe for DeSean Jackson is a small upgrade at best and Green-Ellis is slipping in points, a flex/backup now.

Darren Sproles has been a #1 rb in ppr league but unless you already have another really good running back on your roster I say no way. Arian Foster is much too rock solid right now.

I should've just mentioned in my original post that I have Murray as my RB2. We start 2 RBs and a flex and i have NOBODY that I can plug in as a bye week fill-in. My RB3 was Wells. So I really need to do something.

chitwood

Golden Member
Aug 21, 2008
what are the chances the Bears DEF only scores 4 pts and I eeek out a win?

Also I dropped Alex Henery and started Lawrence Tynes this week... that was real smart.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999

Also I dropped Alex Henery and started Lawrence Tynes this week... that was real smart.

Really depends on which Cutler shows up. This feels like the Grossman years all over again. Do we get good Jay who throws for 250 yards, 2 TD's, 1INT, and a sack or two...or bad Jay with 170 yards, 0TD's, 3INTs of which one is run back for a score, 7 sacks, and 3 fumbles. Weeeeeeee!

The health of the Def is heavily tied to the production, or lack there of from Cutler.

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004

Eh dont beat yourself up over a kicker pick. As far as the bears defense, have your fingers crossed.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Bears defense will dominate.
Romo is a joke and will be sacked 5 times tonight, along with 2 INTs.

T2urtle

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2004
Why didn't they let Dan bailey try that 53 yard fg? I thought he hit some 60+ before

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Eh dont beat yourself up over a kicker pick. As far as the bears defense, have your fingers crossed.

Yeah kickers are almost totally random. You never know if their offense will be in a touchdown mood and they'll only get extra points, or what. I don't think you can KICK yourself for starting one guy over another as long as he's healthy and on a team where he'll get some chances.

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
so..

any fantasy owners get negative points from Romo?

Unless you have screwed up scoring, I'm not sure how you would.

Standard:
300 yards / 20 yards per point = 15 points
1 touchdown = 4 points
5 interceptions = -5 points

That'll be 14 points total. :)

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Unless you have screwed up scoring, I'm not sure how you would.

Standard:
300 yards / 20 yards per point = 15 points
1 touchdown = 4 points
5 interceptions = -5 points

That'll be 14 points total. :)

I've been in leagues where a pick-6 was -7 points for the QB. Romo had one, maybe 2 depending on whether that one was considered a fumble of a shovel pass.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Well alrighty then...

Went into the night down 30. With the help of Bears Def, Marshall, and Gould I finished up by 30 points. 60 point swing with three players. Wowzers.