* * * Official 2012 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread * * *

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HNNstyle

Oct 6, 2011
I'd put Amendola in at WR2. Other than that, I like your lineup.

Thanks! I'm a N.O. Fan though and I really want Lance to have a breakout game. Ahh... I really don't know. Lance had 18 points week 1 but 3 points week two. Maybe I'll just flip a coin and see how it goes. heh

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
I am getting a little shallow on WR with Nicks being hurt and am thinking of picking up a WR off of waivers. Danny Amendola is available. Should I drop Kenny Britt to pick him up? I am holding onto a backup tight end just in case Antonio Gates does not play.

http://i50.tinypic.com/sc95qx.jpg

Last edited:

HNNstyle

Oct 6, 2011
I am getting a little shallow on WR with Nicks being hurt and am thinking of picking up a WR off of waivers. Danny Amendola is available. Should I drop Kenny Britt to pick him up? I am holding onto a backup tight end just in case Antonio Gates does not play.

This is my very first time playing FF but looking at the fantasy points of Kenny Britt in your league, I definitely would. The .50pts is like you don't have a WR playing at all. :)

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
This is my very first time playing FF but looking at the fantasy points of Kenny Britt in your league, I definitely would. The .50pts is like you don't have a WR playing at all. :)

Kenny Britt has been injured and has the potential upside to become a solid WR later in the season. Don't let the .5 points fool you

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001

Amendola is a good pickup. He's got some skill and Bradford trusts him. He's particularly good in a PPR league, but I'd snatch him up quick in a standard league, too.

HNNstyle

Oct 6, 2011
I'm thinking about dropping Jermichael Finlely for Scott Chandler at the TE position. What do you guys think? Finley has a total of 11 fantasy points while Scott Chandler has 20 from the first two games.

Edit: Nevermind, I don't think I'm going to do it. :)

Last edited:

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
I might be slightly crazy, but I'm almost thinking of starting Martellus Bennett over Rob Gronkowski. Can't believe no one picked him off waivers. Someone please stop me.

EDIT: Scratch that, forgot the flex allows for TEs. How's my lineup look this week (PPR league)?

cronoffweek3.jpg

Last edited:

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
Avery against Jacksonville is kind of tempting.

Yeah, I'm contemplating sitting Vincent Jackson, he tends not to be a reliable option. But whether to go for DeSean Jackson or Avery is the question... DeSean is starting to look like his old self now (must be the money).

leeland

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2000
Yeah, I'm contemplating sitting Vincent Jackson, he tends not to be a reliable option. But whether to go for DeSean Jackson or Avery is the question... DeSean is starting to look like his old self now (must be the money).

I am a betting man...I would start DeSean over Jackson...but that is me...

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
I'm thinking about dropping Jermichael Finlely for Scott Chandler at the TE position. What do you guys think? Finley has a total of 11 fantasy points while Scott Chandler has 20 from the first two games.

Edit: Nevermind, I don't think I'm going to do it. :)

I have Finley too and have benched him in place of Martellus Bennett this week. We'll see what happens.

I also have Rashard Mendenhall sitting as I picked him up in the 10th round. I'm really hoping he ends up coming back full force later this year.

oznerol

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2002
www.lorenzoisawesome.com
Ryan Matthews supposed to start this week. Worth throwing in or waiting and seeing?

I have Murray (DAL) and McFadden (OAK) as well. Might throw Matthews in as my flex position, but evan that is pretty solid, too (Amendola, Brandon Marshall, Gronk are my current WR,WR,Flex).

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
was just moving players around on my team because i have bradshaw and realized the giants game is tonight ... and holy shit i just realized how awful my team is.

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
was just moving players around on my team because i have bradshaw and realized the giants game is tonight ... and holy shit i just realized how awful my team is.

lol I have bradshaw too.. i can't believe he's not playing. I saw him dancing on the sidelines after he left in the last game! I got Hakeem Nicks too! dumaaaaaaa

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
In one of my leagues I have Bradshaw, Nicks and Aaron Hernandez. I'm starting Andre Brown who I picked up, Brent Celek who was somehow also available on waivers and Dez Bryant since I am stacked at WR in that league any way.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Ryan Matthews supposed to start this week. Worth throwing in or waiting and seeing?

I have Murray (DAL) and McFadden (OAK) as well. Might throw Matthews in as my flex position, but evan that is pretty solid, too (Amendola, Brandon Marshall, Gronk are my current WR,WR,Flex).

I don't have much faith in McFadden right now. He's been shut down two times so far and his matchup this week (Pittsburgh) is strong against the run. Then again you never know with him, or with the Raiders in general.

If Gronk is your flex I don't see how you can't start him, especially with Hernandez out and Welker possibly getting reduced attention for whatever reason. So it comes down to Mathews or McFadden for that RB slot. I think I'd pick Mathews myself.

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
This is my lineup so far:

QB - Tom Brady (@Bal)
RB - Frank Gore (@Min)
RB - DeMarco Murray (TB)
WR - Steve Smith (NYG)
WR - Kevin Ogletree (TB)
TE - Martellus Bennett (@Car)
FLEX (WRT) - Tony Gonzalez (@SD)
D/ST - Patriots (@Bal)
K - Billy Cundiff
BE - Michael Turner (@SD)
BE - Jay Cutler (StL)
BE - Donald Brown (Jac)
BE - Torrey Smith (NE)
BE - Donnie Avery (Jac)

Part of me is thinking I need to put Avery in place for Ogletree, mostly because of how bad the Jac secondary is. I'd drop Turner, but for some reason he's on the DNC list. I think my starting lineup is fine except for the one secondary WR slot, which I think Smith, Ogletree or Avery would all do fine.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I'm waivering a bit on which of these RB's to start....

Doug Martin vs Dallas
DeAngelo Williams vs NYG
Andre Brown vs Carolina
Hillis vs NO

Pick 2

:\

Thinking Brown & Martin

ghost recon88

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2005
Biggest thing I'm debating is whether I start Martin, or Peterson. I get the feeling that Peterson won't be able to run against the SF defense, but all reports this week say he's back to normal and expected to get his regular amount of carries.

week3_zps1149451c.png