Officer that pointed and threatened protestors at Ferguson protest resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Well, we knew there would be fallout.....well maybe not......because I could envision a coverup....

But I am glad that cooler heads prevailed and people are being held accountable.

Before we get the Police sympathizers saying what about the looters and people who threatened the Police?
I am sure some of those people will also be caught and held accountable, as they should be!

What I am going to say -- is all this did was point out the officers who should be selling shoes instead of protecting and serving.....

Thanks for the update!!

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
So he resigned after twenty years on the force. He'll get a fat pension and free medical for the rest of his life. Tough break.

The Merg

Golden Member
Feb 25, 2009
Well, we knew there would be fallout.....well maybe not......because I could envision a coverup....

But I am glad that cooler heads prevailed and people are being held accountable.

Before we get the Police sympathizers saying what about the looters and people who threatened the Police?
I am sure some of those people will also be caught and held accountable, as they should be!

What I am going to say -- is all this did was point out the officers who should be selling shoes instead of protecting and serving.....

Thanks for the update!!

Yes, the response by officers to the looting and protesting incidents in Ferguson definitely shows that some officers need a lot more training.

- Merg

The Merg

Golden Member
Feb 25, 2009
So he resigned after twenty years on the force. He'll get a fat pension and free medical for the rest of his life. Tough break.

Not so true. Most departments now require 25 years for retirement. If he actually resigned, he doesn't get his pension. Also, very few places offer lifetime medical. Many cops will try to get a Federal job after retirement as after 5 years they will get that elusive lifetime medical coverage. Just checked the prices for a locality near me... Approximately $600/month for the individual, over $1,100/month for two people, and over $1,700/month for a family. That's for a 90% co-insurance plan.

- Merg

Status
Not open for further replies.