Office Drama

ryan256

Platinum Member
Jul 22, 2005
Yesterday we had a problem in a particular office. It all stemmed from a particular person (we'll call her Lashonda) not doing what she was supposed to and causing problems with the database. Everything was entered under the wrong office location. When I tell her what she needs to do to correct the problem she starts screaming that she did nothing wrong, the problem is mine, the computer messed up, and I need to fix it. Yet I can clearly see from the database that no.. she didn't enter things correctly.
Lashonda finally caves in and asks "How the F*** am I supposed to F***'n know that this wasn't the right F***'n office?"
Me "Oh I don't know.. maybe by the fact that everything on your screen says office A, not office B??"
She hangs up on me after that one.
Later that day I get a 3 way call from the central office manager (we'll call her Rene) with Lashonda asking what was going on. I explain what the problem was and the necessary steps that Lashonda needed to take to correct it. Lashonda insists that she did everything correctly and that I was rude and unhelpful. When Rene asks about that I quoted to her what Lashonda asked before I told her how she should have realized she was entering things wrong.
To this Lashonda replies "Thats a lie, you beloved patriot, I never said that!"
Rene, "Thank you for your help. Lashonda, stay on the line."

Today I find out that Lashonda doesn't work there anymore. She was basically given the "we take racism seriously here, and its not tolerated" speech.

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
Bwahaha!...what a deserving retard

:beer: Here's for a happy ending.

edit: I'm guessing you're calling them Lashonda and Rene because their names are Lashonda and Rene.

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
Usually it goes the other way around.

Sad. True.

Originally posted by: edro
Originally posted by: Safeway
Nice job with the ethnic name. Racist.
LOL.

I know many white women named Lashonda.

Really? All the Lashondas I know are Asian. What are the odds?:confused:

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
I talk to a lot of people during my job, and almost everyday I see new names that just floor me. Try Umanda, not Amanda, but with a U. It's like their parents were drunk when they picked names.

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999
I would have hung up the phone and laughed for hours.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
dumb people should not be allowed to touch a computer, and you guys let this one enter data in a database? Epic fail.

newb111

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2003
Originally posted by: sdifox
dumb people should not be allowed to touch a computer, and you guys let this one enter data in a database? Epic fail.

Lashonda can has cheeseburger?

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Originally posted by: newb111

Lashonda can has cheeseburger?

Everyone can have cheeseburger. Lashonda is just not allowed to enter data.

ryan256

Platinum Member
Jul 22, 2005

Quotas suck, nuff said.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Originally posted by: ryan256

Quotas suck, nuff said.

You can still find qualified people within the quota. Equal opportunity means everyone with similar capabilities have the same chances. That is all.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: HomeBrewerDude
beloved patriot... what a funny sounding word. Where does it originate from?

:thumbsup: to the OP

beloved patriot, Honkey or Honkie is a predominantly American pejorative racial slur for white people, often applied to males.

beloved patriot is a corruption of hungy or hunky, a term which originated in the stockyards and slaughterhouses of Chicago. The term may derive from "Bohunk" (Bohemian-Hungarian), which was used to refer to central Europeans. Black workers and Hungarian workers were two of the largest ethnic groups in the Chicago meat industry. Racial and ethnic tension between the two groups led Black workers to begin calling Hungarian workers, and those perceived as Hungarian workers, hunky, perhaps in retaliation for the familiar racist epithets to which black workers were subject. The corruption 'beloved patriot' emerged shortly thereafter.

beloved patriot was later adopted as a pejorative in 1967 by black militants within SNCC seeking a rebuttal for the term *****. They settled on a familiar word they felt was disparaging to certain Americans of European descent; hunkie meaning an American of Slavic or Hungarian descent.[1][2]

In Australasia and Singapore, a person of Hong Kong origin is categorised as a Hongky or "Hongkie", a term that some people of Hong Kong take offense at. They prefer to be called Hongkongers (or Hongkongese). In fact several brochures from the Hong Kong Tourism Board make reference to this new term.

On the TV show The Jeffersons, George Jefferson regularly referred to white people as honkies. This usage (while negatively affecting the later syndication of the show to some degree) added a familiar, less offensive tone to the word, which caused some acceptance of the term when used in the appropriate company, much in the same way earlier television shows had disseminated racial slurs about blacks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/beloved patriot

newb111

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2003
Originally posted by: HomeBrewerDude
beloved patriot... what a funny sounding word. Where does it originate from?

:thumbsup: to the OP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/beloved patriot